Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Driver Review

441, thanks in advance for letting me borrow this Saturday.

#teamplayer

Nice Mike!!! It's a good match for you dude.

I'm just killing it off the tee right now myself. Carry for daaaaaaays.

I took some swings with this at Golfsmith next to my BB. I now see the excitement with this one. I played it at 9.5 and just feels good. Sound is perfect, distances are there and most importantly the forgiveness is there. Can't quite describe it, but when this one is hit dead center, WOW!

I'm still partial to my BB, but once the 815 comes out I'll take a closer look & get one of these new offerings just bc I have problems & like shiny and new! :)

More speed, more distance, more forgiveness.....What's not to like. Thanks for the great review James.

I'm curious as to how this compares to the Cobra Amp Cell.

I am convinced, this should be in Hawk and Mike's bag for a while. CONVINCED!

I'm curious as to how this compares to the Cobra Amp Cell.

Bit lower spin, and more launch for me. I played the AC for a full season.

I am convinced, this should be in Hawk and Mike's bag for a while. CONVINCED!

I will be finding out how it works for me in the real world soon. I just have those couple high balls imprinted in my memory at the moment and I want to see if I can reproduce them with some consistency.

I will be finding out how it works for me in the real world soon. I just have those couple high balls imprinted in my memory at the moment and I want to see if I can reproduce them with some consistency.

Knowing your love for the Xhot head, I just see SOOOOOO much in here of that, but with a little more oomph.

The X Hot head was very kind to me, but I'm due for a change.

Was the one I hit in the standard setting at 9.5°?

The X Hot head was very kind to me, but I'm due for a change.

Was the one I hit in the standard setting at 9.5°?

It was the 10.5 turned down to 9.5 S yep.

Oh, so it was opened a click? Even better to know that b/c that's exactly what I'd want to do with it. I was thinking a higher loft version might be in order, but based on what I saw in that setting I think it's a very good match for me.

Oh, so it was opened a click? Even better to know that b/c that's exactly what I'd want to do with it. I was thinking a higher loft version might be in order, but based on what I saw in that setting I think it's a very good match for me.

Yeah, I had to turn it down to 9.5, which says a LOT about the launch of the head. And I still hit some TOWERING drives with it.

towering bombs that is

REAL Far or INTERNET Far? :clapp:

I proved myself at the Championship with it.

#Notashortknocker
#Noththattheresanythingwrongwiththat
#Stillloveyouhawkmikeanddean

Stupid longknockers.

I saw some great distances yesterday and I was all over the inside to center area, not sure how I managed 0 toe shots but whatever.

Lies. Pics or it didn't happen.

Finally made it out to the course with mine yesterday. Had a very good day of driving. I missed five fairways out of 13 and two were just horrible swings. The others were just off the fairway. Distance seemed comparable to slightly longer than my R1 that I was gaming recently. A great first outing for me!

Played in a member-guest tourney the last 2 days using this driver. Overall I hit it very well. However had a few hole stretch where my transition got quick and hit a few pull/hooks. For me, I have to keep a very steady tempo with it. When I do I hit nice high baby draws. When I get quick, it leads to really bad results. Might be due to the lightweight setup. Not sure. But still getting used to it after about 5 rounds. For me, last swing thought has to be "keep it smooth", and then the club really is wonderful. Got 2nd place (lost to 1st by 1 point. ugh. tough loss).

Played in a member-guest tourney the last 2 days using this driver. Overall I hit it very well. However had a few hole stretch where my transition got quick and hit a few pull/hooks. For me, I have to keep a very steady tempo with it. When I do I hit nice high baby draws. When I get quick, it leads to really bad results. Might be due to the lightweight setup. Not sure. But still getting used to it after about 5 rounds. For me, last swing thought has to be "keep it smooth", and then the club really is wonderful. Got 2nd place (lost to 1st by 1 point. ugh. tough loss).

Thats solid! We need to get together again for a sim round this winter and a round outdoors next season! Wanna see you bomb that thing!

The shaft talk on this one is interesting to me still, as I can put a very solid move on the ball and even when I get quick I've not seen many accentuated misses (and I traditionally miss with a hook when I'm quick). The stability with the weight on this one has just continued to impress me each and every time out.

Back