Straightest scoring irons on the market?

Trevor68

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking to purchase the straightest game improvement irons in the market (8, 9, P, AW). I dont care about looks, feel or working the ball. I currently play the Rocketbladez Regular flex and they are fine, but I want to see if there is something even straighter, higher and longer out there. I am currently thinking of trying the Altitudes, new big berthas and TM Rsi1 irons. Does anyone have any other suggestions.

Personally I would look into the New Callaway Big Bertha's or the Cleveland 588 Altitudes...They are forgiving (about the best) and each would give you high launch.

I am looking to purchase the straightest game improvement irons in the market (8, 9, P, AW). I dont care about looks, feel or working the ball. I currently play the Rocketbladez Regular flex and they are fine, but I want to see if there is something even straighter, higher and longer out there. I am currently thinking of trying the Altitudes, new big berthas and TM Rsi1 irons. Does anyone have any other suggestions.

I'm a little partial but the Cleveland mashie irons have been solid for me. They are SGI irons but very accurate and maybe a little heavier than other clubs which usually make them straight shooters for me. The mashie irons only come in 6-PW, DW and SW. I would think they are pretty reasonable now probably under $200 on eBay.

I'm a little partial but the Cleveland mashie irons have been solid for me. They are SGI irons but very accurate and maybe a little heavier than other clubs which usually make them straight shooters for me. The mashie irons only come in 6-PW, DW and SW. I would think they are pretty reasonable now probably under $200 on eBay.

Altitudes launch high and land soft. For me the 9 - SW are nothing short of perfect. Balls literally stop inches from the pitch mark.

I haven't seen anything straighter than the Altitudes.

Truthfully, I don't think there's a big divide between sets if we're talking amateur swings. There may be some fitting considerations in there, but there's nothing in my mind that says the irons you have are going to be worse than anything else out there.

Cobra Bio Cells are pretty solid. Also, you might want to try the AP1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight is a result of a particular swing not a club. Straight is also one of the hardest shots in golf. Tons of great clubs will offer you some serious forgiveness but straight is on you. That being said, the Altitudes are very solid clubs.

Straight is a result of a particular swing not a club. Straight is also one of the hardest shots in golf. Tons of great clubs will offer you some serious forgiveness but straight is on you. That being said, the Altitudes are very solid clubs.

Completely agree about both of what you said here Freddie. Altitudes are solid but it's more the swing. Didn't Azinger say tho the guys that hit the ball straight have it harder? Easier for someone to eliminate one side of the course if they can have a constant either right to left or left to right shot?

That is correct, straight ball hitters are in a jam if that swings goes sideways.
Completely agree about both of what you said here Freddie. Altitudes are solid but it's more the swing. Didn't Azinger say tho the guys that hit the ball straight have it harder? Easier for someone to eliminate one side of the course if they can have a constant either right to left or left to right shot?

I've always been amused by claims that a particular club is "straighter" than others. I think at all depends on swing. All clubs have a straight face.

I've always been amused by claims that a particular club is "straighter" than others. I think at all depends on swing. All clubs have a straight face.

I would tend to disagree. The perimeter weighting and more weight on the sole both help with spin and height thus helping keep the ball straighter. Lie angle fitting can also help with directional misses.

As for a straight ball flight player having it harder than a fader or a drawer if the ball, I would tend to disagree with that also. If your swing "goes bad" doesn't matter what type of ball flight you have you are going to have trouble that day.

Original Ping Eye 2's love these. Can find dirt cheap on eBay , and yes still on the market at select golf outlets

I'm with the others a straight ball flight is the Indian not the arrow.

I'll play my non straight ball flight into the green all day everyday. Just learn to control and play the shot you got.

Back