Three New Models From Odyssey Golf Debut This Week

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From the company

Odyssey Golf next week will debut 3 new models to their Metal-X Milled family – #1 Wide, #2 and 2-Ball – at the McGladrey Classic.

Metal-X Milled Putters have been prolific on Tours across the world. Dating back to last November they’ve won 6 PGA Tour events, and earned victories on the Japanese Tour, LPGA Tour and European Tour as well. In fact, Chris Kirk and Patrick Reed both won 2 events with Metal-X Milled during the 2013-14 season.

Technology Features
The new #1 wide, #2 and 2-Ball are technologically advanced milled putters which incorporate Metal-X Milled roll technology; the oval depressions in the face maximize the mechanical lock with golf ball dimples. By doing this, the putter increases friction and creates a more controlled, consistent stroke.

They also have an adjustable weight kit and a crossbar in the back that stiffens the face without adding much weight to stabilize sound and feel. The adjustable weight kits are 10g, 15g and 20g in the #2 and #1 Wide shapes. The weight kits are 1g, 10g and 20g in the 2-Ball, which has 1 weight port.

What Tour Players Want
With the attention Metal-X Milled received, a number of Tour players specifically asked us to create these models, so that’s what we did. “In my job and for my team, we gather feedback all over the world from our Tour Reps, our Tour Staff and the best players in the world,” said Odyssey Principal Designer, Austie Rollinson. “This allows us to incorporate all of that feedback to recognize and fine tune new designs that they want to play, and that’s exactly what we’ve done here.”

A Quick Rundown On Each Model

#1 Wide – A shape that’s done extremely well on Tour (especially the Versa model for players like Gary Woodland)

2-Ball – Over 5 million sold since its original debut, continues to win all over the world

#2 – A refreshing take on a classic blade based on feedback from Tour players

metal-x-milled-1-wide-hero-2015-L.jpg

metal-x-milled-2-hero-2015-L.jpg

metal-x-milled-2-ball-hero-2015-L.jpg

Wonder if there is any plans to do a #6 style in a wide version with the weight kit, etc.

I like several of the headshapes but would just really like to see more CS versions.

Finally a true #1 wide in the metal x milled. Yes please

Hot stuff. I love the look and feel of these putters. I just have trouble with the $$

I loved the last iterations of the MXM putters and these look to continue that.

That #1 wide is nice looking. I'm loving my TC 330M, but might have to pick one up for the collection.

Ooooh look a new 2 ball ��

Finally a true #1 wide in the metal x milled. Yes please

I'd love to see them do more with that head style. My dream putter might be a wide #1, long neck and topline. Ohhhh baby.

I think it is interesting that with the consistence across lines that a #1, #7, or #9 carry as examples that #2 can be completely different shapes between WHP (which is similar to Versa #6) and MXM models.

Nice looking models.

Love the looks just not the feel

I really look forward to rolling some Odyssey putters soon. I think I could get down with that 1-wide.

Loving the looks of the 2 Ball version

I like that they are introducing a few more models but I am gonna stick with my #9.

Oooohhh I love the mallet 2 ball. Need to roll theae beauties

Sad again. Was really hoping for a center shaft model, bummer.

Love the looks just not the feel

I love the feel, but I struggle with distance control on the MXM face.

It feels like an insert to me, but the rollout is much firmer.

Still, I'd give the 1W a look.

I like the 2 ball version. But honestly I don't think their milled faces are as good as their inserts.

The #2 and the Two-Ball have my attention

Wonder if there is any plans to do a #6 style in a wide version with the weight kit, etc.

I like several of the headshapes but would just really like to see more CS versions.
I'd also like to see some additional CS options in the MXMs, especially a #7.

YES!

That is going to be one question to ask in Carlsbad....why so few CS putters? My guess would be they just don't sell.

The options are limited for CS guys...

YES!

That is going to be one question to ask in Carlsbad....why so few CS putters? My guess would be they just don't sell.

The options are limited for CS guys...

You are correct. They added in some WHP options b/c of a philosophy change, but if it were up to accounting they'd kill off a bunch of sku's. In a limited series like this I can see why they'd opt for the models that they'll sell more of. WHP is a different beast.

That's a fair enough reason. I guess being a SeeMore fan I've been spoiled with CS options and therefore come to expect it from other OEM's.

I'd love to give that #1 wide some rolls

That's a fair enough reason. I guess being a SeeMore fan I've been spoiled with CS options and therefore come to expect it from other OEM's.

I know the CS gets love here mostly b/c of Seemore, but CS love is pretty limited in the big picture.

Back