Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

This question is geared more to low ball hitters. Has anyone tried any of the Kusala shafts like the white, silver or blue? I am ordering 3 adapters to try.

This question is geared more to low ball hitters. Has anyone tried any of the Kusala shafts like the white, silver or blue? I am ordering 3 adapters to try.

If you are a low ball hitter then the Kusala White is for you. I LOVED that shaft and wish I hadn't gotten rid of it with my G25 driver. Several on THP game it and I haven't heard any bad things about it. The ball elevates HIGH and gets there really fast, but it never balloons and seems to have just enough spin to keep it up and going forward.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

My new Red Rocket has come in and I am eager to go to the range and hopefully out on the course this weekend. Will start with the stock shaft but ordered an Aldila NVS with the adaptor installed from Golfworks. Will give reports on this thread in the near future.

Was accurate and consistent today with only one missed fairway over 9 holes Not getting distance over my Cleveland Launcher, though. Looking forward to getting a couple of aftermarket shafts fitted with MyFly adapters and seeing if I can get more length off the tee from this one.

I was hitting this way better than last time. Hopefully I can carry it over to the course

I was hitting this way better than last time. Hopefully I can carry it over to the course

Yes you were...by a large margin...hopefully that setup is a winner

Hitting this with the Kusala Blue has given me a very interesting ball flight, at least it's something I haven't seen before. The ball just screams off the face and climbs to a mid-flight penetrating the whole way and at the very end it balloons just a tad before it gently falls to the ground. This is giving me massive carry numbers but minimal roll-out which could be perfect for the upcoming soggy winter conditions I'll be playing in.

Compared to the Diamana S+ which climbs nice and high and then drops with a shallow descent angle giving a little less carry but more overall distance by about 10-15 yards.

I will continue to experiment but for now it looks like Miyazaki loses until the ground gets wet.

Hit my longest drive today with the Cobra at 250 yards. Couldn't believe it... this thing is dangerous. Also wanted to say I have found a negative about this driver is the face gets a bunch of white marks on it from tee's and wont come off.

Last edited:
Hole #15, 368 yards with a lot of undulation to a blind landing area. Water guarding the front, 270 yard out from the tee. Normally the water is not in play because you're teeing off to an uphill fairway and a good drive for me typically lands about 120 yards from the center of the green.

Playing by myself, I tee'd off and hit a nice high shot and then went down to hit my approach and the ball was nowhere to be found. The group on the next tee saw me looking around and yelled over that I flew right into the pond. I've never even come within 30 yards of that water before on my best day, but the combination of lessons and this driver is just stupid. In order to fly into the pond, it would have to carry 275 yards. I've never been a big hitter, but with the swing changes and this driver, getting distance off the tee is just effortless.

Magic eraser will clean the tee marks off face and sole

I continue to be a bombing fairway finding machine with this driver. Even though my rounds have lessened of late, this driver continues to deliver- even without range time.

ill have to try that thanks for the tip. It works...thanks

I use natural wood tees. No marks.

charter-natural-wood-tees.jpg

Hole #15, 368 yards with a lot of undulation to a blind landing area. Water guarding the front, 270 yard out from the tee. Normally the water is not in play because you're teeing off to an uphill fairway and a good drive for me typically lands about 120 yards from the center of the green.

Playing by myself, I tee'd off and hit a nice high shot and then went down to hit my approach and the ball was nowhere to be found. The group on the next tee saw me looking around and yelled over that I flew right into the pond. I've never even come within 30 yards of that water before on my best day, but the combination of lessons and this driver is just stupid. In order to fly into the pond, it would have to carry 275 yards. I've never been a big hitter, but with the swing changes and this driver, getting distance off the tee is just effortless.

That's just awesome it's working for you. Not many have said it hadn't worked. Sleeper driver for sure!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Next weekend I head to Tucson to put an Aldila NV 65 stiff shaft in my blue Amp Cell. Not the prettiest color combination, but I think it's going to be pretty effective.

Cobra Rep came to the club today. I saw all the new BIO Cell products. Looked really cool!

Cobra Rep came to the club today. I saw all the new BIO Cell products. Looked really cool!

Bio cell? Any pics?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Bio cell? Any pics?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I threw some of the leaked photos up here about a week ago and they got removed, so I guess I can't yet. Check your PM.

yeah i could do that, I bought a 1000 tee's awhile ago and they were all white. Ended up buying those plastic no friction ones.
I use natural wood tees. No marks.

charter-natural-wood-tees.jpg

does it look like the same driver as the one when you google cobra bio driver?
New shaft is awesome, cool graphics. Check you PM.

Back