Adams Releases A7 Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Adams Golf (NasdaqCM:ADGF) announces the introduction of a new line of putters, called a7 Select. The line consists of four classic, time-honored club head shapes: three blades and one mallet. Each features a soft stainless steel head construction, precision micro-milled faces and co-molded urethane technology (CUT Design) inserts for enhanced feel and weight distribution.

"The CUT Design inserts on the new a7 Select putters deliver an extremely soft feel and pure roll, especially with today's golf balls," said Tim Reed, Vice President of Research and Development at Adams Golf. "Golfers everywhere will also appreciate these putters not only for their quality of construction but also their value."

All a7 Select putters will ship October 1 and will be available for $69.99.

Available Models:

Blade
60 Series - This 345 gram stainless steel heel/toe blade features a classic plumber's neck hosel with a full shaft offset. Available right- and left-handed in 33-, 34- and 35-inch lengths.
61 Series - Featuring a high toe design, this traditional 345 gram blade putter with its flowing S-neck hosel has a half shaft of offset. Available in right-hand only in 33-, 34- and 35-inch lengths.
64 Series - The true heel-shafted blade design of this 305 gram stainless steel head features a three-quarter shaft offset. Available in right- and left-handed models in 33-, 34- and 35-inch lengths.

Mallet
62 Series - Constructed of 355 grams of soft-cast stainless steel, the high-MOI of this mallet design features perimeter weighting, multiple alignment aids and a classic plumber's neck hosel with a full shaft of offset. Available in right-hand only in 33-, 34- and 35-inch lengths.

2010075.jpg

Interesting. I guess they decided the putter market was just too lucrative. Certainly at $70 they have a very attractive price point.

Dang! I was thinking of starting the putter series for Adams! LOL. Seriously, I was wondering when they would come up with something. Good 2 hear!

well... I was never intending to buy Adams irons, but somehow they found a way into my bag despite my preconceived notions. I am extremely happy with the clubs and would probably not buy a new driver, iron, or especially a hybrid without looking at Adams. In my book they make as good a clubs as any of the other big OEMs and it is about time they started making some putters.

Both of my local shops got in these putters this week and I spent some quality time yesterday with two copies of the 61. At least putting on indoor astroturf, these sticks were magic. I've never really considered the Anser 4 shape before, but this one delivers. The only downer for me is that it has an insert, and I'm typically not fond of non-metal inserts.

Still, for $70 this was a fantastic feeling putter, and they really do look sharp.

They are nice looking. About time Adams did more with the putter market. And the price is definitely right if they perform - much less than the competition from Taylormade, Odyssey, & Titleist.

• Admin
It is so nice to see the lower priced putters gaining momentum again. Cleveland Classics and now these offer a price that few can compete with.

Im suprised too that its taken them this long to get in on the putter action.

• Admin
They had this, which I found so intriguing, but I expect them to hit both this price point as well as a higher one in the near future.

adams-dixx-putter-2.jpg

I like the first and the third one. The second one would be nice too, with the same shaft/hosel combination.

It looks as if we will be reviewing one of these in the near future.

Back