THP UK Summer Cup Discussion Thread - 29th/30th Sept

A little more than two weeks to go now folks, I can't believe how quickly this one has come round. Hope everyone is still looking forward to it :thumb:

I've been on to Belton Woods today and confirmed tee times and requested cards. Apparently they don't send out cards but have offered to write them up for us, which is quite cool.

With the above in mind my wife and I last night undertook the draw for the teams and groups on day one. In traditional THP style I am not going to blurt the groups out altogether, instead I am going to release one name in team every couple of days. Should add to the suspense a little ;)

I should remind everyone - the first people drawn for each team automatically become captains and will also be responsible for naming the team.

OK - So here we go,

Team 1
Ian Bullock

Team 2
Richard Rodgers

Team 3
The Dane

Team 4
Dirk St Moritz

More names to follow in the coming days :banana:

A little more than two weeks to go now folks, I can't believe how quickly this one has come round. Hope everyone is still looking forward to it :thumb:

I've been on to Belton Woods today and confirmed tee times and requested cards. Apparently they don't send out cards but have offered to write them up for us, which is quite cool.

With the above in mind my wife and I last night undertook the draw for the teams and groups on day one. In traditional THP style I am not going to blurt the groups out altogether, instead I am going to release one name in team every couple of days. Should add to the suspense a little ;)

I should remind everyone - the first people drawn for each team automatically become captains and will also be responsible for naming the team.

OK - So here we go,

Team 1
Ian Bullock

Team 2
Richard Rodgers

Team 3
The Dane

Team 4
Dirk St Moritz

More names to follow in the coming days :banana:

TEASE
I am really looking forward to meeting you all and playing some golf(cough) or at least walking round the courses with clubs in hand.
Hopefully the weather won't ruin things

I have also just confirmed that we will be playing the courses at Belton Woods as follows,

Day 1 - Woodside Course
Day 2 - Lakes Course

Just a quick note from sunny holiday, I am looking forward to it, but suspect the level of golf will be nothing like last time as it will most likely be my first round for a month so just hoping to be able to hit the ball....

Will catch up with you all next week when we get back

Not that I am trying to make you all jealous but it has been averaging 30 degrees since we got here :D

Not jealous at all buddy it must be touching on at least 12 or 13 degrees here in London - PERFECT!

All very exciting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Things are getting sorted now then Mav. Think I will wait a while to see how my team pans out before I broadcast an appropriate team name.

I will be open to suggestions from team members, but not too rude.

We will undoubtedly be called a few derogatory names after we win. Lol

Very cool you guys are doing this. Makes me want to be there with all this talk! Have a blast!

Very cool you guys are doing this. Makes me want to be there with all this talk! Have a blast!

Nate there is still time to jump on a plane and cross the pond, I'm sure we could squeeze you in no probs!!

Adding two names to the list today just to spice it up a little bit,

Team 1
Ian Bullock, Tony Fayle

Team 2
Richard Rodgers

Team 3 - "The Bears"
The Dane, Geo375

Team 4
Dirk St Moritz

Getting interesting now, the two low handicappers have been pulled out and ARE NOT on the same side - could make things very interesting in the team game...... Having low handicappers on your side can be a real bonus - but it can also be a disaster :thumb:

Last edited:
The Danes are a fine race! :)

Sucking up to your captain already - I like your style :thumb:

Hmmmmm....this is Carlsberg boy we are talking about you know:)

I have alerted him and Dirk to the post!
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Given the success of mr. Thomas Bjørn last week in Switzerland team 3 will be known as "the Bear".
And yes the Dane is a different bread........

Given the success of mr. Thomas Bjørn last week in Switzerland team 3 will be known as "the Bear".
And yes the Dane is a different bread........

Carlsberg boy....are you sure that you are a different bread?:beauty:

That said, i wouldn't have the first clue how to say it in Danish!

Cheeky little 84 from El Bandito today...living up to the name for the first time in a loooooooong while

Carlsberg boy....are you sure that you are a different bread?:beauty:

That said, i wouldn't have the first clue how to say it in Danish!

Cheeky little 84 from El Bandito today...living up to the name for the first time in a loooooooong while

Good shooting El B!

I was 3 under gross through 8 today and flying but for no apparent reason it all fell apart on the back 9. Been like this all year!... one day when it finally all comes together its going to be great :)

Last edited:
Adding two names to the list today just to spice it up a little bit,

Team 1
Ian Bullock, Tony Fayle

Team 2
Richard Rodgers

Team 3 - "The Bears"
The Dane, Geo375

Team 4
Dirk St Moritz

Getting interesting now, the two low handicappers have been pulled out and ARE NOT on the same side - could make things very interesting in the team game...... Having low handicappers on your side can be a real bonus - but it can also be a disaster :thumb:

And when should we expect further names? I need to get my apologies in before any teammates get their hopes up.:D

And when should we expect further names? I need to get my apologies in before any teammates get their hopes up.:D

Patients my young padawan patients!

See u Obi Wan! Dinnae mess with me...

Hi guys, bit off topic I know but does anyone on here know of any lefties that are on here?

Mr El Bandito is your man - lefty water wedges are his speciality :wink:

Is that why we are playing the course with least water on the Sunday?

Hi guys, bit off topic I know but does anyone on here know of any lefties that are on here?

Im your man! There are a few of the guys in the US too.

Mr El Bandito is your man - lefty water wedges are his speciality :wink:

Guilty as charged:D

Is that why we are playing the course with least water on the Sunday?

Sunday,Monday. I can hit water any day. My speciality is hitting water on a course with no water hazards. My talent, in this area at least, knows no bounds...

Back