I've done it before in an event where we play literally all day, sunup to sundown (107 holes is our record). Feels great about 3 pm to take off the golf shoes. Of course this was played at a goat ranch of a course that didn't care one bit.

I'll wear shoes..........for all the right reasons.

I'll stick with golf shoes. I can put my golf ball into some gnarly situations which would not be good for the feet. And as pointed out above, fertilizer and other stuff put on the course.

I haven't done it but I would love to. I very rarely wear shoes walking around the house in the summer. I think I will try it next year.

28fced4e6f3050a459411fadd3633afc.jpg

I'm a five finger fanatic and I want these.

Those five fingers look interesting, might have to try them at some point.

Seems like it would help guys that have some goofy foot work . Force you to really stay stable down below . Bet it would work wonders in a bunker

What??

Never played barefoot before. Would like to try but i spend to much time in the woods looking for my ball.

It's been a while since I've played barefoot, but I use to do that a lot in college, especially on the driving range. Use to have a fellow team mate that would get frustrated with the way he was playing, so he'd throw his shoes in his bag all the time. It usually made him play better too. It makes you stay connected and under control when you swing, since your feel will slide if you don't swing within yourself. It's honestly a great way to practice.

Interesting...haven't tried it before but might be fun to try

Interesting...haven't tried it before but might be fun to try
It is if it suits your personality. Some of us have a little freewheelin hippie in us that makes it pretty cool.

Last week on friday it was walkers only on the front, fastforward to the 4th hole, I hit into a FW bunker, went in, hit out, but I had a ton of sand on my ankles and it made it's way into my socks, I got to the green and it hurt a ton, I took my shoes and socks off, buy my feet were still pretty wet, so I left them off to dry, I figured I might eventually put them back on, but it actually felt pretty good.

I don't know if I'm ready to play barefoot all the time, but the 14 holes I played barefoot felt great.

I
I recently got a new pair of Oakley CarbonPro2 shoes and while I loved the original CarbonPro's, these are awful! I've tried wearing them 3 times and every time they have given me massive blisters on my heels. Anyway, this afternoon I headed out and thought I'd give them a final try. One hole in my heels were in agony so I had a choice to make, head back to the car which is up a massive hill or take my shoes off and play barefoot. I chose to play barefoot and loved it. I got some odd looks but quite honestly couldn't have cared less, I'm good like that, lol. I played 18 holes and shot 69 (-2) and my feet feel better than they ever have after a round of golf. Luckily our course is fairly damp and the grass is lush so it's easy on the feet.
Have you ever played barefoot and how did you get on?
I got stung by a bee just below the sock line once. Took the shoes off the rest of the round and enjoyed it. Don't remember the score, but I do remember the feeling and it was great. I might try it sometime. The last round I played, the guy I got paired up with was wearing sweat pants, a tee shirt, and flip flops. It's obvious they have no clue what a dress code is around here.

My wife and I have played barefoot. Our stuff was soaked from not having the top on the Jeep, do we just went without. It was good she had sandals with her, because she's new and wild out there. Worked great for me. Fairways and greens are a lot softer than my lawn!

I would have taken pictures if I knew how much @TCB2010 and @JB loved that kind of thing.

My wife and I have played barefoot. Our stuff was soaked from not having the top on the Jeep, do we just went without. It was good she had sandals with her, because she's new and wild out there. Worked great for me. Fairways and greens are a lot softer than my lawn!

I would have taken pictures if I knew how much @TCB2010 and @JB loved that kind of thing.
Oh lord have mercy..

you know what, this i can unwillingly understand by circumstances, photo taking of stuff for sale with your claws hanging out all over the place, NO!

A few rounds ago I went out with my two regular playing partners, and I had also invited another friend so we could play some best ball match play. On the fourth hole, after a poor start, my friend says something like: "I will play better after 9 when I get to change to my golfing shoes"

He had forgotten to change shoes on the parking lot and stood there in sandals!

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

You would thinking wearing shoes was a tough thing to do

I’d be way too paranoid about stepping on something. Plus I want the grip during my swing. I’m keeping my shoes on, thanks.

Back