Best Driver Of 2014?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week THP asked the question for your "best" irons of 2014 and this week we are back asking the same question about the big stick. Answer in the comment section below the article and feel free to discuss here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=24067

The BB Alpha worked really well for me this year. But, I think the best overall driver is the Big Bertha. It has a much broader base of golfer that it appeals to. It's incredibly forgiving and also provides a lot of distance.

For me it'd be the Bertha as well. When I got fitted I just swung it better than anything else. Other drivers I've played have been longer on their best hits, but the Bertha is a great blend of distance and forgiveness.

Every time I went to the monitor, it was extremely close between Bertha and Bio Cell with no clear winner. Bio Cell was cheaper, which was a good tiebreaker.

SLDR for me, man what a great driver. I love the combination of length and accuracy with it and it is very easy to control. One of the best I've ever played.

I have played quite a few this year. Enjoyed them all. But the BB Alpha has been my favorite of 2014. I liked the Adams XTD and the Ping G30 quite a bit, but the Alpha stood out above them for me.

I think it came out too late to get in enough bags, but I'm a huge fan of the Big Bertha V-series. The stock shaft isn't for everyone, but I can't imagine a better head.

I think the Cobra Bio Cell is the best driver released in 2014 for a guy with my game. Forgiving, long, and nice to look at.

It's the only driver I've pondered giving up my X2Hot for, honestly.

For me, the best driver of 2014 has to be the Cobra Bio Cell+. Very solid low/mid spinning head with ample forgiveness across the e9 face. Alpha was also good but lacked the horizontal forgiveness that the + provided for me.

Lots of good drivers in 2014, but one really stands out for me. The Ping i25 is lower spinning and surprisingly forgiving. I ended up finding a solid shaft to pair with the i25, and have no intention of changing.

Ping G30 for me...it was a late comer after using a BioCell+ pretty much all year, but I really am not sure you can miss with this thing. Plus...turbulators!

I am still trying to find out :bulgy-eyes:

The Alpha and G30 stand out to me.

9* Big Bertha Alpha

I guess the Big Bertha by default as it's the only driver I played all year. With that said, I just feel like there is something a little off for me but don't know what it is.

If you guys get a chance please leave a comment on the home page. Thanks

Standard Bertha for all around performance, and it's not really close for me having hit all of the 2014 releases.

Big Bertha and the V-Series for me as far as drivers from this year.

Best Driver Of 2014?

The Big Bertha Alpha has been the Best Driver for me Ever. It's the first adjustable driver that I've had the ability to manipulate to achieve optimal ball flight for my swing. The head paired with the Fubuki A60 makes this driver a long bombing machine. Gravity core down bring my spin into a zone I've not been able to achieve. It's an absolute blast to have in the bag.

Last edited:
Bio Cell+ with the D+ combo still stays ahead of all the others for me.

I loved my Alpha. It was long, had the best sound and feel, just great. But... We didn't mesh well. When I went through my fitting and ended-up with Big Bertha, it became the best driver I've hit in a few years. Long, forgiving, great looking. Just an amazing club for someone like me with lateral forgiveness needs. Best driver of 2014 for sure.

I haven't hit many new drivers this year so i will give it to 3 drivers. Ping G30, Srixon Z 545 and Big Bertha

I only hit the Cally V Series (live) and the G30 (indoors). I really liked the feel of both but the G30 felt a bit more powerful to me. Maybe it was the monitor readings and echoing in the hitting bay? I'm going to hit the new Callaway BB815 soon, so I may have to amend this post.

When I went for a driver fitting I tried out the SLDR, Jetspeed, Alpha, G25, as well as the Bio Cell. However, at the end of the fitting the Big Bertha with Zeta Tour stiff shaft was the most consistent (not the longest, mind you) but it presented the most consistent numbers. Very happy with my BB minus the paint wrinkle in the crown...

Back