golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I know it's usually talked about this time of the year, but does anyone have a favorite ball for winter play, or looking forward to a new offering that has come out recently that they plan to try this winter season.

I still prefer to play a 3 piece ball but have found a few of the soft one like Callaway has out now plays very well.

Wilson Duo, hands down my favorite.

Bridgestone e6

Q Star, Srixon Soft Feel or Bridgestone e6. I am also going to give the Monsta ball a try.

The e6 is my favorite but the Lady Precept is often in the rotation, too.

E6 is where i was leaning as well, and the Duo i figure i could try a sleeve out.

I also like the E6 balls for winter or cold weather. Although I just saw this http://www.oncoregolf.com/ Not for sure how this will pan out being a metal hollow core but kind of interesting.

No idea if that Metal core would respond in a harsher way in colder temps.

Glad i live in CA don't have to think about that for a few more months

E6 or Q Star. NXT Tour in a pinch.

I also like the E6 balls for winter or cold weather. Although I just saw this http://www.oncoregolf.com/ Not for sure how this will pan out being a metal hollow core but kind of interesting.

Those will shatter your driver when they get cold. They're already quite firm and change the sound of EVERY driver.

When the cold weather hits here, so do the leaves. So I'm playing the e6 or the Wilson Duo; and I'm buying used ones from lostgolfballs.com

I play anything I've found typically. But I'm looking to use the E6 this year.

I stick to the same balls (Bridgestone B330) unless a ton of leaves are on the ground then I will switch to a trash ball.

I also did a cold weather ball last year. Was interesting for sure.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?55605-Coldfusion-Golf-Balls-Review

I am more likely just to play whatever cheaper ball I can. e6, SuperSoft, Duo, I've played the Burner. It really doesn't matter imo. Golf is a different animal in the cold. I'm just trying to play something that isn't expensive when I lose it.

Nice review, I enjoyed that, thanks for the heads up on that review also. gave me more info I never knew about.

Those will shatter your driver when they get cold. They're already quite firm and change the sound of EVERY driver.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of trying them out to see what they did for me if anything, but I will stay clear of them now, I don't need anything hurting my driver besides me.

I'm using the Taylormade Burner Tour or the Srixon Soft Feel. The Wilson Duo is getting a lot of love on THP, so I'll see if I can buy a dozen of those in the area.

Probably a mix of the SuperSoft (for colder days) and e5 (for warmer days).

I've never thought about switching over to a winter ball. I rarely play when it's lower than 50 degrees & I've never seen an effect in my ball in those conditions. Might be fun to test out this year.

Wilson DUO. May try out the Supersofts this year.

Back