Marvel - Phase Three

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Marvel/Disney had an event to accounce the slate of movies that makes up Phase Three. Infinity Gauntlet! Civil War! So much good content coming.

Captain America: Civil War will hit theaters on May 6, 2016.
Doctor Strangewill arrive on November 4, 2016.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is due on May 5, 2017.
Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters on July 28, 2017.
Black Pantherarrives on November 3, 2017 starring Chadwick Boseman.
Captain Marvelwill be released on July 6, 2018.
Inhumans is coming on November 2, 2018.
Avengers: Infinity War - Part I arrives on May 4, 2018 followed by Part II on May 3, 2019.

Now that lineup looks exciting.

Captain Marvel will feature a female Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers. This will be the first Marvel movie with a female lead.

Black Panther will make his first appearance in Captain America 3. Black Panther lives on the planet Wakanda, which is where vibranium comes from. If it's true that Cap's shield is busted in the next Avengers movie (as seen in the previews), perhaps he gets a new one in CA3.
Spoiler
Then again, it probably won't matter because Cap dies in the Civil War.

I've heard that Benedict Cumberbatch is slated to play Doctor Strange. I'm definitely not missing that.

Well this has me quite intrigued as i have all of the movies before this. Love them!

I can't wait to watch all of them!

Interesting to see a Civil War movie. Are they going to ignore Spider-Man's rather central role in that, or are they going to cut some sort of deal with Sony?

Interesting to see a Civil War movie. Are they going to ignore Spider-Man's rather central role in that, or are they going to cut some sort of deal with Sony?
I imagine they'll put a different super hero in his stead.

Damn, this lineup looks epic.

They stated that Civil War will not be about secret identities, instead about who they report to so it seems Marvel figured out a way to avoid Spiderman being involved.

Captain Marvel will feature a female Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers. This will be the first Marvel movie with a female lead.

Black Panther will make his first appearance in Captain America 3. Black Panther lives on the planet Wakanda, which is where vibranium comes from. If it's true that Cap's shield is busted in the next Avengers movie (as seen in the previews), perhaps he gets a new one in CA3.
Spoiler

I am also betting that Ultron will have Vibranium instead of Adamantium as reinforcement for his armor since Fox owns the rights to use the terminology with their ownership of the Wolverine character. This is also supported by the nugget in the Ultron trailer with Andy Serkis possibly playing Ulysses Klaw, the main villain in the Black Panther series.

Spoiler

I think Wakanda is a fictional country in Africa, and based on the Age of Ultron Trailer, they are setting up Black Panther in that movie, as in the comics Caps' shield is made of Vibranium.

Marvel also has a deal with Netflix for several series featuring additional Marvel characters such as Daredevil. No idea whether or not they'll find their way into any of the movies. I hope the Punisher finds his way into the movies (or a series). He's one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Marvel also has a deal with Netflix for several series featuring additional Marvel characters such as Daredevil. No idea whether or not they'll find their way into any of the movies. I hope the Punisher finds his way into the movies (or a series). He's one of my favorite Marvel characters.

I dont think Marvel/Disney would do a Punisher movie that would do it justice. I think you will see a HBO/Netflix series with the character.

I dont think Marvel/Disney would do a Punisher movie that would do it justice. I think you will see a HBO/Netflix series with the character.
You're correct, and I'd be fine with that.

Sounds like a solid line up for the next several years. Can you imagine the ultimate collectors box set they'll be able to make when this is all said and done?

Sounds like a solid line up for the next several years. Can you imagine the ultimate collectors box set they'll be able to make when this is all said and done?

Kevin Feige has stated they have the movies mapped out until 2028 so I am guessing the box set will be beamed directly into your brain at that point.

I love the planning of these, it's going to be an exciting next few years!

Kevin Feige has stated they have the movies mapped out until 2028 so I am guessing the box set will be beamed directly into your brain at that point.
Holy crap that's a massive undertaking. Wonder how they will handle the aging of their stars over the next 14 years of filming.

Holy crap that's a massive undertaking. Wonder how they will handle the aging of their stars over the next 14 years of filming.

Thats the beauty of this layout, they are introducing new characters that can take over primary roles. Also, in the comics they are replaced (i.e. Bucky Barnes becomes Captain America, Thor is resurrected as a woman, etc.)

Was there an explanation why we saw Howard the Duck at the end of the Guardians of the Galaxy?

Was there an explanation why we saw Howard the Duck at the end of the Guardians of the Galaxy?

I think it was just a fun easter egg for those of us who remember how terrible Marvels first movie was.

I think it was just a fun easter egg for those of us who remember how terrible Marvels first movie was.

Yep, as far as I know that was it

Hahaha touche.
I kinda liked Howard the Duck. Plus, Leah Thompson in that movie... major crush!

Thats the beauty of this layout, they are introducing new characters that can take over primary roles. Also, in the comics they are replaced (i.e. Bucky Barnes becomes Captain America, Thor is resurrected as a woman, etc.)

The guy who plays Bucky is signed to a nine movie contract. Chris Evans is signed to a shorter contract, so that scenario has some serious legs.

Back