Forum Testing Signup - Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 & 815 DBD Drivers

Wowza!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Optiforce 460
2. What loft do you play it at? 11.5°
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? B Asha stiff (can play regular flex too, I'm right on the bubble)
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I need low spin heads.
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? High center, and on the heel are my misses
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested either of these drivers yet.

Thanks to THP and Callaway for this great opportunity

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra Bio Cell
2. What loft do you play it at? 12*
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Reg Flex Project X - PXv
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? Low spin
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Horizontal / heel to toe
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not

Great opportunity from Callaway and THP. Good luck to all that enter.

Good luck everyone!
815 and DBD!?!?!?

Shaping up to be a great Tuesday!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Big Bertha Alpha
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.0, set to 11
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Mitsubishi Fubuki ZT 60 Graphite Regular
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? High spin
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? My miss is toe and otherwise vertical
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? Have not yet

This is a great opportunity for whoever is chosen! While I won't be playing outside much longer, the practice facility I'm using gives me access to a GC2 all winter.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Big Bertha, but alternate with the Srixon z545.

2. What loft do you play it at? 10.5°

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Fubuki Z in R flex, with a Kuro Kage Black in stiff coming on the way - same shaft that's in the 545

4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I generate a good amount of spin - I definitely lose some distance into the wind and on rollout with the Bertha as opposed to the Srixon driver.

5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? My misses tend to be heelside, so any forgiveness there is great.

6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not.

Now this would be so sweet!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X2Hot
2. What loft do you play it at?10.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play?Alidila Tour Blue -regular Flex
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player?high
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? reduce my fade
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? no

1. What driver are you currently playing? Big Bertha Alpha
2. What loft do you play it at? 9* set to 10* Draw
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Aldila Tour Green Stiff
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? Mid-High
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? I consider myself a decent striker of the ball so extremely high forgiveness is not something I typically look for. I'll take address look, feel/sound and consistency over max distance or max forgiveness.
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested these but can't wait to. At the tops of my list. Played all the '14 Callaway drivers last season and my favorites were the Alpha and X2 Hot Pro. Settled with the Alpha and while at times it was one of the longest drivers I've played, it suffered in consistency a bit. From what I've read so far...the consistency has been addressed. I can't wait to see what the Callaway crew has done this time with the iconic Big Bertha line.

Thank you for the chance THP and Callaway.

First of all, thank you to Callaway and THP for offering this opportunity. I look forward to reading and hearing the thoughts of the testers.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Big Bertha
2. What loft do you play it at? 9 degrees
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Fujikura Speeder 661 Stiff Flex
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I am definitely a high spin player
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? I primarily look for help on horizontal mishits, heel to toe. I am generally more consistent top to bottom. The concept of low spin WITH forgiveness is something I am very much in need of. I have typically had to give up forgiveness to obtain the spin characteristics I needed.
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have only seen one of the Alpha 815 clubs in person on one occasion. It looks terrific in hand, but I have not been able to test it yet.

What a great opportunity. Wish I could put my name in the hat, but think I'm going to shut it down for the winter and get well.

This is one uh-mazing contest! You guys are awesome.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Ping i20
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Ping TFC 707 D Stiff flex
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? High toe forgiveness would help me greatly
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? Unfortunately I have not, but hear great things thus far

Last edited:
Wow what a great opportunity for THPers!!

1. What driver are you currently playing? PING G30
2. What loft do you play it at? 9*
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Aldila Tour Blue X65 tipped 1"
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I'm a high spin player, or at least that's what the fitters tell me.
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? I switched from the i20 To the G30 to get more forgiveness with my drivers. I think the more forgiveness with a driver sets a player up for better end results
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I've never hit either of the drivers before.

1. What driver are you currently playing? TaylorMade SLDR S
2. What loft do you play it at? 10
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? stock fujikura stiff flex
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I put a lot of spin on the ball with the driver
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Heel/toe has historically worked better for me
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not. If they improved the forgiveness on last years Alpha than that is great news, because spin wise that was a good match for me.

Wow...I would love to test one of these !! Thanks for the opportunity.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade SLDR

2. What loft do you play it at? 10.5

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Speeder VC 6.0 Stiff

4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I honestly don't know

5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? My sweet spot misses tend to be low on the club face, so I need some help there.

6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? No. This driver just looks downright mean and I want one in my hands.

I would love to test these as every time I think I need a new driver I have a great round with mine and ask myself why would I after hitting like that. My G20 is a great driver and fits me just fine. I have never "tested" a club, or anything else here on THP, but I would put these to work and see if they can out perform my G20

1. What driver are you currently playing? Ping G20
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Ping TFC 169D Tour S-Flex
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? High
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Off the toe shots
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not

Thanks THP and Callaway for provided this opportunity for those lucky enough to be chosen.:clapp:

Wow! Man I wish I was able to play golf enough right now for this! Good luck to everyone. Can't wait for this one.

Ummm, yes please..thank you Callaway and THP.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Currently playing the Optiforce 440

2. What loft do you play it at? I game it at 11.5*

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Currently I have the Diamana S+ in stiff flex

4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I don't really know

5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? I like lateral forgiveness

6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have hit the 815 and saw some really solid number. I like the clean look and the sound. For a low spin driver it has a great deal of forgiveness.

This is awesome. Thank you Callaway and THP

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway x2hot

2. What loft do you play it at?
9 degrees

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play?

Kuro kage 60g in stiff. (Any other shaft I would be regular flex (90 swing speed)

4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player?
High spin for sure. I still balloon the ball even with 9degree loft

5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver?

My misses are high on the face and around the toe. Help!

6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? No I have not tested yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great opportunity for forum testing! Thanks THP and Callaway!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Big Bertha
2. What loft do you play it at? 10.5 currently adjusted down to 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Project X LZ 60 Handcrafted in 6.0 flex
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? High spin. I've been working on getting that down.
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Heel-toe, but more towards the heel.
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested any of these drivers yet.

1. Callaway Big Bertha V Series
2. 9.5 or 11.5 depending on the wind. KS can get pretty breezy
3. Stock Bassara E42 stiff flex
4. Low spin. Low driver trajectory is something I struggle with
5. My typical miss is low and/or toe. I also have a slice when I am off, so minimum side spin is a premium.
6. Have not hit either of the 815 drivers yet.

Thanks for the opportunity THP. Going to be amazing for someone.

This would be a cool one to test out.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Ping G25
2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5*
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Diamana Whiteboard 72 Stiff
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I have a tendency to be mid-high spin and use shaft/head combo to reduce spin
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? I look for forgiveness high and on the toe, this is where most of my misses come from right now.
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have tested these drivers yet.

This is an incredible deal... I practice or play at least once a week for sure.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade RBZ

2. What loft do you play it at? 9.5 degrees
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently plays? Stock Taylormade shaft and Regular Flex
4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I am a High Spin player.
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? I look for a driver that can limit my spin
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I have on many occasions gone to golf businesses and tested many drivers and I love playing so testing would be so fun to me

Thanks for the great opportunity. #CrossesFingers

Well this is exciting! Thank you Callaway and THP for another awesome opportunity

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Optiforce
2. What loft do you play it at? 10.5 degree
3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Matrix Radix HD 4 - R flex
5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? Lateral forgiveness is huge for me.
6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? I havent had a chance to test them due to limited LH availability but would love a chance to take some hacks with it.

Wow, this is a great opportunity for a lucky few

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic XL

2. What loft do you play it at? 10.5

3. What shaft and shaft flex do you currently play? Stock regular B Asha 4R

4. Do you think you are a high spin or low spin player? I don't really know

5. What type of forgiveness do you look for in a driver? My miss tends to be either high toe or low heel (although this is getting better) so anything that helps mitigate loss of distance on mis-hit shots is helpful

6. Have you tested these drivers? If so, what are your thoughts? No, and being here in the UK, I suspect it may be a while before places have them locally

On course testing would be limited with the UK weather now but I do hit the range once a week at least

Thanks to THP and Callaway for a great opportunity

Back