The world's first hoverboard

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Tony Hawk get's to ride on it, I have no doubt if we could ever buy one I'd have to take out a loan for it!

so cool. can't even imagine the cost for those.

I won't be impressed until it misses a cart of manure.

Wow,that is something else. I would defiantly pay to do that

Wasn't that some kind of marketing stunt for back to the Future? Tony Hawk even admitted that it wasn't real i think.

Lexus board

Marty McFly did drive a Toyota, so maybe this makes sense.
Lexus has developed a skateboard-style hoverboard, just like the one Michael J. Fox’s character cruised around town on top of in Back to the Future Part II.
The bamboo-trimmed device uses permanent magnets and liquid nitrogen-cooled superconductors to levitate, and is kitted out with a design inspired by the Toyota-owned company’s luxury cars.
But don’t expect to be cruising around downtown Hill Valley on one anytime soon. Lexus tells Engadget that, like similar board designed by California’s Arx Pax, it only works on a metallic surface, and that it built a special skate park to demonstrate it on.
It’s only unveiled a teaser video so far, but will be revealing more of it action in the near future.

Unfortunately, for would-be time travellers, Lexus says it's only a prototype and will not go on sale.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/06/24/lexus-hoverboard-is-one-smooth-ride/?intcmp=features

Back