John Hahn fires 58 in European Q School.

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
John Hahn shoots 58 in European Q School.
Does not count as a record since they were playing lift/clean/place due to soggy conditions. Heck of a round, 12 birdies!

ESPN article
http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/11896733/john-hahn-shoots-58-q-school-european-tour

That is a great round

awesome round.

Doesn't count? Some of the 59's were LCP weren't they?

Even with Lift clean and place that is a hell of a round.

Not sure, just read in the article. Counts in my book! 58 is crazy low.

Darn,well that i defenetly a way to start your season

I'm curious how many times he actually lifted, cleaned and placed his ball. A lot of time, unless there is a mud glob the half the size of the ball clinging to it, I leave it be and play until I'm on the green. That's probably impossible to answer and it doesn't change the fact that the rule is in place so the score will have an asterisk next to it, official or not.

Very impressive none the less.

wow, he would have beat DDec and I by 40 strokes

Al Geiberger's was.

EDIT: So was the 59 by Goydos.

Very impressive.

It was a 58 FTW! It should count. For some reason I was thinking maybe Goydos was, but had no idea about Geibergers.

This guy should be proud. What an accomplishment.

JM

Talk about consistency: 67, 79, 72...58! Wowza. Heck of a round in any condition

He must have been sandbagging :alien:

What's worse, shooting a 58 that doesn't count for the record books because of lift, clean and place or making an ace that doesn't count because you are playing alone?

What a round. It is a number I have seen on my card, but only after 9 holes. I have no idea how they go that low. Not the same game I play, that's for sure.

A 58 is STILL a 58! Granted it was on a "shorter" course, and it was a par 70, but it was still a 58. Good for him!

And he shoots 78 the next day to fall to about 45th place.

Here's how he finished:
56th place HAHN John USA-67/79/72/58/78/72-426

Awesome round! Most pros will never break 60 even with lift clean and place.

I feel bad he couldn't keep it together

Back