Changing and Re-using graphite iron shafts

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a set of Matrix Program 95 shafts installed in a set of Taylormade SpeedBlades and I wondering if it is possible to un-install the shafts and install them in a set of RSi 2s. I was told by the manufacturer that it was likely to damage the Matrix shafts. Has anyone here ever accomplished this or something similar? I don't do this stuff myself but since I know lots of people that change out graphite wood shafts and re-use them I don't understand why it would be so difficult to do the same with the irons.

I need some opinions as these were fairly expensive shafts. Thanks for your input in advance!!!!

With graphite you simply can't remove them without a shaft puller because a slight twist will fray them.

Take them to a shop and you should be good, unless you have a puller then you can do it yourself. Absolutely re-usable.

Yup. I've done it with a puller.

With graphite you simply can't remove them without a shaft puller because a slight twist will fray them.

Take them to a shop and you should be good, unless you have a puller then you can do it yourself. Absolutely re-usable.

Agree 100%. Re-usable, but you have the pull them correctly.

Back