High Launch/Low Spin Driver: What should I try?

Wonton

Sphincter says what?
Reaction score
Handicap
# Ish
I'm pretty sure this has been posted/asked and talked about plenty before but in your opinion, what is a good High Launch/Low Spin driver these days that I should try out?
The SLDR is not working out for me and I'm looking to replace it.
My swing info: Swing Speed of 105+, usually a low draw (snap hook at times but that's my swing mistake), I prefer a high fade.

isn't that kind of the theory of most new drivers being released these days? I would go to a local Golf Store/driving range/Golf Shop that has all the newer stuff and try them all

isn't that kind of the theory of most new drivers being released these days? I would go to a local Golf Store/driving range/Golf Shop that has all the newer stuff and try them all

That's what I thought but the SLDR and BB are quite low launching when I tested them.

That's what I thought but the SLDR and BB are quite low launching when I tested them.

Would changing the shaft achieve what you are looking for?

Covert Tour 2.0 and Adams XTD might be worth looking at. I'd look at increasing loft first. Just suggestions to look at of course. No clue if they'll work out for you.

I would try a higher lofter driver The Adams XTD & X2Hot were high launchers for me

Bridgestone j40 may fit the bill

I fight the snap hook at times but when I put a good swing on it there is plenty of height. If your hitting it low on the good swings a higher loft may be worth trying.

Methinks Bridgestone may have something for you coming out soon....

What about the SLDR isnt doing it for you

Cobra Bio Cell+ or Bio Cell Pro.

Ping Anser.

Cleveland Black

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it!
I just spent the last 2 hours at the shop and at the range. I ended up buying a Titleist 913 D3. Now I'm broke...

I have the Cleveland Classic XL custom and found that to drastically cut down my spin and still launch high. Granted, the black tie shaft I have in there is part of that but so far I have seen a ton less spin and more distance compared to my previous g20 w/ the tour stiff shaft.

(I personally did not find great results when I tested the sldr)

Back