Des Moines Outing in October

just got back. business stuff piled on top of family emergencies so sorry that I've been incommunicado. If I can work out some logistics I could attend both days of golf.

Please come buddy! Would love to see you again

Looks like Manlai and I will be car pooling. Figuring out the logistics but it looks good.

Let me know so I can update tee times

before I book anything, is anyone looking for a roommate? Talked to Zenger and he's got other plans.

McRock, you want to room with Manlai?

So I have changed some of the rounds up. unfortunately Zenger and Jacob will not be joining us, but we added manlai, and for those of you who havent met him yet, he is an awesome guy.

Cannot wait for this guys. Less than a week we will have tees in the ground

yep i'm in. Hopefully accommodations will be taken care of in a day or so. Maybe I'll get a round in with bulldog this time! And if I'm really lucky, I will have the Speedblades from the testing event back by then.

We'll get you a roomy manlai.

yep i'm in. Hopefully accommodations will be taken care of in a day or so. Maybe I'll get a round in with bulldog this time! And if I'm really lucky, I will have the Speedblades from the testing event back by then.

I will make sure you are paired with bulldog let me go update the first post buddy

Got it taken care of manlai you are with bulldog for the first 18 on Saturday! Here is the update tee times guys

Saturday AM:

Hawk
TexasHacker34
Sleuth
McRock

Manlai
Bulldog
FlyingWedge

LeftySean
DonW
Dhartmann34

Saturday PM:

Hawk
Texashacker34
LeftySean
Dhartmann34

DonW
Manlai
Sleuth

FlyingWedge
McRock
Bulldog

Sunday Round:

Hawk
Texashacker34
bulldog

Manlai
Dhartmann34
Mcrock

FlyingWedge
LeftySean
DonW

Well, Zenger is coming up as well. Rock said he'd prefer to go solo, but would room with somebody if they didn't have one and wanted one.

Glad to hear he wants to come!

McRock, you want to room with Manlai?

It remains true. If someone needs to share a room, which seems to be Manlai, please let me know. I will need to call the hotel and try to switch the room from 1 queen to 2 queen beds. Also, I don't know when you're arriving Manlai, but I'm only staying overnight Saturday.

~Rock

UPDATE: I changed my room from 1 queen to 2 queen beds anyways, just in case.

Also, I bought golf pants for this thing, so I'd better have a good time. Who would have thought golf pants would cost so much.

~Sir Rock

You Southern Iowans and your fancy golf pants. Sheesh!

My update: I wore some work pants to the course yesterday. They are a little baggy since I have dropped a few lbs but they worked fine. Think I got them at TJ maxx awhile back for pretty cheap. Either way I will be sporting gray pants probably. I will be the guy who doesn't match at all.

My update: I wore some work pants to the course yesterday. They are a little baggy since I have dropped a few lbs but they worked fine. Think I got them at TJ maxx awhile back for pretty cheap. Either way I will be sporting gray pants probably. I will be the guy who doesn't match at all.

I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, the prospect of getting my suit pants muddy just sounds like an expensive dry cleaning bill. I used to own casual khaki pants, but I've put on about 4 inches around the waist since then.

I nearly bought pink socks to go with my shirt, but the shipping to get them here on time was more than the cost of the socks.

~Rock

I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, the prospect of getting my suit pants muddy just sounds like an expensive dry cleaning bill. I used to own casual khaki pants, but I've put on about 4 inches around the waist since then.

I nearly bought pink socks to go with my shirt, but the shipping to get them here on time was more than the cost of the socks.

~Rock

I wish you would have gotten pink socks. That would have been epic. Regardless, the pink shirt is awesome

Woohoo. Can't wait until Saturday!

Ya know Walmart has George brand pants for $12 they make good golf pants

tappin from my big as note2

This event finally got real for me. I'm excited and totally unproductive at work.

~Sir Rock

54 holes of golf some drinks and some laughs with THPers. Doesnt really get much better than that

OK, motel is done (thanks Rock). All I know is I'm going to be wearing some white pants (with my Michigan shirt on Saturday of course).

This is going to be so much fun guys.

~Rock

I wish you would have gotten pink socks. That would have been epic. Regardless, the pink shirt is awesome

No worries, there'll probably be extra socks waiting for you in your room.

Back