Altitude or Optiforce Driver for my Wife

salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
After not playing for a very long time I got my wife to play with me a few times this past summer. The problem is her stuff is 20 years and super unforgiving. I am gonna take advantage of the cyber Monday deals and pick her up a hybrid, a 3W and maybe a driver. I have selected a bio cell 4-5 hybrid and Speedline Super S 17 degree FW wood and torn between an Altitude and Optiforce driver. I can get either for the same price. The Optiforce is 10.5 and the Altitude is 12*. Which should I go with?

Does she hit the ball straight? If not, adjustability may be something to look for. If adjustability doesn't matter I'd go with more loft, so that means Altitude at 12*. FWIW I recently got my wife a Stage 2, 10.5* adjusted up to 12*, and she's very happy with it (she also returned from a long layoff and had 20 year old gear).

Last edited:
I went though the same dilemma with my wife but ended up going with the higher loft. She loves it. Not sure if your wife has time to go hit both to see which one feels better. That would be the best but if she can't I think the higher launch is always a safe bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is currently gaming a ladies AMP cell higher loft and adjustability, however she is making noises to change that this week.

I think I am going to pass on a driver for now until she takes some lessons in the spring. I am gonna stick with the 3W and hybrid since she can cover a large chunk of shots with those two clubs.

Back