Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
With only 30 days left in the year and most places up North are shutting down, let's reflect back on what goals you set for 2014 and if you next or failed them and what you have in store for 2015.

2014 goal: Stop slicing
One of the major ones was to get rid of my slice. Up until last month, this was accomplished. However, I went from a slice to a hook, but it was manageable. Until recently the slice came back and it was due to my lack of practice. I had not had a lesson or a range workout since August or so. Just a bucket of warm up balls before a round.
2015 goal: Straighten up. Go back for lessons and get some range work in. Really want to work on straighter drives.

2014 goal: Dial in the short game.
Yes, for the most part this was accomplished, and with one wedge at that.
2015 goal: Chip and pitch closer to the hole. Enough of aiming for the middle of the green. It's time to start pin hunting.

2014 goal: Break 100.
Nope. Closest scores was 107 for 18, and a 52 for 9.
2015 goal: Break 100
Again...

New goals for 2015:
*Clean iron shots. Can't say how many times I've hit a fat iron shot and see a 6i travel 50 yards. Very depressing.
*Less putting. Accomplishing my short game goal mentioned above I should be able to reduce the amount of putts per hole.
*Attend the THP event in Pittsburgh. This could be my first official THP outing and if it's anything like what I experienced in Philly, then this should be a blast.

My 2014 goals were:
No rounds over 100 - fail (shot a 103)
Break 80 - fail (closest is an 82)
Single digit handicap - fail (13.7)
Win the Morgan Cup - Success!

2015 goals:
No rounds over 100
Break 80
Single digit handicap
Attend 2 or more THP events
Become #OutingApproved

Get down to a 14 or so.

Get to 33% GIR.

Have multiple consecutive rounds with fewer than 30 putts.

Lose zero balls hitting driver for multiple consecutive rounds.

Get into #TheKing, and bring home the crown for whichever team I end up on, but hopefully #TeamHarry.

Play in more THP Events.

My goals for 2015 are to maintain the game I've had recently, improve my short game to give myself more easy scoring chances and I would really love to get into one of the King/Legacy/Grandaddy type THP events.

Last edited:
I'm going to continue my goal of a sub 10 hcap & in the process hit more GIRs

JB beat me to it, but play in more THP events is a must.

I want scores of 76-80 to be the norm, with my worst rounds being no higher than 85.

I want to play in another THP event like The King/Legacy/Grandaddy.

I want to play a few Vancouver Golf Tour events. I have no chance but I love competitive golf.

Specifically I want to get better off the tee and that should help me reach my scoring goal.

I didn't have any concrete goals for 2014, but I have a few for 2015:

1. Improve my wedge play dramatically. Currently, I'm playing very well between the tee and about 100 yards out, and my putting, while not spectacular, is better than it's been in awhile. But I give away a lot of strokes with shaky wedge play, whether it be 100 yard shots, pitches or chips. Accomplishing this might be difficult because I know it requires practice time, and with two young kids, I usually try to play whenever I get the chance to get out. But I'm going to find a way to put in at least some time.

2. Get my handicap below 5. It is currently at 6.8 and I think this is very doable if the first goal falls into place. I had a number of rounds this fall that easily would have been near or under par if not for my inability to get up and down on anything but a very irregular basis.

3. Get into and play in a THP event (#TheKing sounds unbelievable). I've been a member here going on 4 years and a lot of times, I more of a reader than a poster, but I've been trying to post more actively recently and everyone here has been so helpful and great. It's past time to try to make an event in person.

Here's what I said in the 2014 goals thread (in relevant part):

- take many more lessons in hopes of developing a more consistent full swing- accomplished
- scoring wise, I'm looking to finally come down in the 80's and stay there- not accomplished
- I'm ready to move forward and get fitted for a putter - accomplished
- mentally, I need to get stronger, especially when travelling and playing at THP events- accomplished
- working on not getting as frustrated - accomplished

For 2015, my goals are:

- scoring wise, I'm looking to finally come down in the 80's and stay there (carry over from 2014).
- have a blast and kick some butt at THP events
- sharper short game; I want to see my scrambling number go way up
- higher GIR; it went up this year, I want to see the trend continue
- no round over 100. There were a lot less this year, but I think I can do it.

Play more with THPers both in events and not

Get to sub 10- I've proven I can shoot the scores to do it just need the consistency of those scores

2015 Golf Goals

Didn't really set any 2014 goals.

2015:
Get healthy and able to play pain free golf

Play with more THP'ers

Get in at least two official THP events.

Create my #THPLegacy

2014 goals

Drop hdcp to 12/13 -- was only able to drop to 15, started year near 18.
Break 80 at least once -- closest was 83
Get more consistent -- ball striking has been better

2015 goal
Continue to work on dropping hdcp to 12 or lower -- will take more lessons and try to find more time to work on game
Break 80 at least once
Continue to get consistency in game -- part of first goal
Play in as many THP events as possible -- great start to year being part of Bridgestone U.

Make it to a THP event.

Continue to have fun on the course, like I did this year.

Not let terrible weather stop me from being out at the golf course.

I'm really at the proverbial golfing crossroads right now. The last few years I've had something to work towards in the Morgan Cup. Kiddos activities are increasing and I'm dropping my club membership at the end of the year. Still going to play golf but it's going to have a different feel to it this year over the last few.

I guess my goal is what JB posted, make more THP events next year. I'll be looking for a few "weekend get-a-ways" so we'll see which ones I get into. I think my golf goals is just to play some fun golf this next year.

1) win the Morgan Cup
2) continue to have fun and enjoy every round
3) play in more THP events
4) acquire 2 more tags

That's good for now.

75% is doable.

2015 Golf Goals

1) win the Morgan Cup
2) continue to have fun and enjoy every round
3) play in more THP events
4) acquire 2 more tags

That's good for now.

75% is doable.

Never mind just got the punch line. Slow on the uptake. :)

Let's see -

2013 - no golf
2014 - no golf

My goal for 2015 is to actually play golf again. The hip is like new - the only problem now is affording golf.

I would like to play in my first THP event.

I would like to play in my first THP event.

You got to want it.......badly. Once it gets into your belly there will be nothing stopping ya! You Can Do It!!!

Just play when I can. That's it really.

Lower expectations and higher fun level.

Play golf with THP'ers I have not had the chance to.

No surgeries or breakage of body parts = more and better golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
my 2015 goals are to play in at least 2 THP events. play a lot of golf across the midwest with THPER'S. and last but not least to break 80 a few times. I am working on swing and I AM GOING TO KEEP THE BALL IN PLAY OFF THE TEE THIS YEAR.

1. Win the legacy
2. Win another invitational
3. Get paired up with a real "A" player at Bridgestone championship.
4. Drop index back down to 11 where it was in 2013.
5. While it may be less than 2013 I want to make a handful of thp events.
6. And last of all have fun again with this fickle game

Last edited:
Back