Best Inexpensive (Cheap) Golf Attire?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
Although it is great to find a deal here and there (thanks, DawgDaddy!!), it is difficult to find consistent deals on the major brands (Nike, Puma, Footjoy, etc.) Some of this relates to the quality of the gear, some of this is simply brand recognition. There is inexpensive golf gear, however. Most of it is poor quality and cheap for a reason. Other brands, however, make great stuff that flies under the radar.

For example, I think IZOD makes great golf pants and would recommend them to anyone. (The shirts, however, don't seem as high quality.) Others rave about the Champion C9 gear but I don't have any experience with it.

Have you discovered any quality gear, or brands - whether shirts, pants, outerwear, shoes, etc. - that are inexpensive compared to the big boys but nearly as good?

Last edited:
I use FairwayStyles outlet store. I get the brands I want for way less.

I haven't found any low price stuff that can actually compare to the good stuff. I sell some low end stuff that is good for the price but can't compete with the Nike or Callaway stuff I can get.

I used to like Izod shirts but after owning them for quite a while now, I won't buy them any longer. Their pants are awesome however. I own 5 or 6 pairs of them

I can typically snag nime, puma and Adidas for 20-25 bucks a shirt from the clearance rack at golf galaxy

I use FairwayStyles outlet store. I get the brands I want for way less.

JB, appreciate the recommendation but that's not what I'm asking. I'm looking for THP member thoughts as to under-the-radar, cheaper brands that THPers consider pretty good quality.

As another example, I can find AUR and Ogio shirts for relatively cheap online. Other than a smattering of reviews, I have no idea whether the shirt I'm buying is crap, or a steal. I'm certainly not going to find AUR or Ogio in my local brick and mortar.

Slazenger isn't bad. Most of their stuff is shamelessly ripped off of better brands, but the quality in my experience has been solid.
Champion C9 is solid stuff considering it's dirt cheap. The shirts are better than the pants/shorts though - the bottoms feel plasticky to me.
No experience with it, but Uniqlo is real cheap and Adam Scott wears it in competition, so it can't be too bad.

kohl's fila , and grand slam brands....

Sam's, Wal Mart and Kohl's. I just bought a ton of stuff on end of season clearance.

I will say that a decent, inexpensive brand is Red House. Not easy to come by though because it's a Sanmar company meant to be decorated with company logos and sold.

They don't have flashy styles or designs and are solid colors most the time. I personally like them and wear them to work a lot

I can typically snag nime, puma and Adidas for 20-25 bucks a shirt from the clearance rack at golf galaxy
Clearance racks are usually a great place to start, especially in store racks.

I'm not sure the name of it without looking when I get home, but I think it's bcg or something like that. They sell them at acadamey. Not even in the golf section, in the work out clothes section. I have several golf shorts and collared shirts of this brand and they all hold up just as well as the name brand stuff. I think the golf shirts are 19.99, non collared are 9.99 (i call these workout shirts, similar to ua). Have had the shorts a while, but think they were in that same 19.99 range.
They have worked well for me.

I buy the Grand Slam brand at Kohl's quite a bit. Always less than $30 and usually right around $20.

Golf Smith's own brand - SnakeEyes - is okay. The pants run crazy big, but are usually are pretty decent in terms of quality. I haven't owned a shirt, but they appear to be decent. I realize it isn't what you are asking, but part of the reason I don't buy much of the SnakeEye (or other lower end brands) is because I can almost always find some other more name brand item on sale for equal or better price. One somewhat under the radar category of pants that is pretty easy to find on sale is Greg Norman...I have a couple of pairs of those slacks and like them.

Izod is a good bang for the buck - pants/shorts better than shirts though.

Other than that, I try to catch the big names on sale.

Try Zappos outlet site 6pm.com. They have Nike, Adidas, puma and many more brands at great prices.

Costco.

Marshalls/TJMaxx are pretty good for golf stuff as well.

Guys, I appreciate the responses but I want to be clear that I'm not looking for deal sites or stores to go to. As my wife will attest, and much to her chagrin, I'm well versed in the various places to get golf-related deals.

I intended this to be more about cheaper, good quality brands that perhaps people aren't aware exist or if they do know of the brand, likely don't know whether it is good quality or just cheap (both monetarily and quality-wise).

JB, appreciate the recommendation but that's not what I'm asking. I'm looking for THP member thoughts as to under-the-radar, cheaper brands that THPers consider pretty good quality.

As another example, I can find AUR and Ogio shirts for relatively cheap online. Other than a smattering of reviews, I have no idea whether the shirt I'm buying is crap, or a steal. I'm certainly not going to find AUR or Ogio in my local brick and mortar.

That is why I posted what I posted. Because he does not deal with poor quality items. Therefore I know he selected high quality and I am getting them at the outlet store.

Ben Hogan brand. Champions Tour brand. Inexpensive anyway, but when on clearance you can get them for ten bucks or less.

I buy my stuff at Ross dress for less. You get name brand stuff but it is hit and miss on what you find

I like Greg Norman brand for golf shirts. It is usually inexpensive and the quality is pretty good.
Snake Eyes, but sizing is inconsistent.
Other than those two, no other brands jump out at me for inexpensive quality items (with the exception of stuff on sale from the sites/brands that others have mentioned).

I usually buy PGA Tour brand from Gordmans (half price type store). I've found them on the clearance racks for as little as $3, and there's usually a handful in the $7-$10 range every time I go in.

Slazenger and Walter Hagen have treated me well. Not too expensive either.

I'm not sure the name of it without looking when I get home, but I think it's bcg or something like that. They sell them at acadamey. Not even in the golf section, in the work out clothes section. I have several golf shorts and collared shirts of this brand and they all hold up just as well as the name brand stuff. I think the golf shirts are 19.99, non collared are 9.99 (i call these workout shirts, similar to ua). Have had the shorts a while, but think they were in that same 19.99 range.
They have worked well for me.

I have been pleased with the quality and looks of a lot of the BCG stuff as well.

Back