Status
Not open for further replies.
Right call. Tough luck, but correct call. Something Jim Joyce isn't usually known for.

I guess my thought was he wasn't in the base path, he dove to the inside for the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I guess my thought was he wasn't in the base path, he dove to the inside for the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I was going to say the same thing, it was very close and a tough call. It's been awhile since I umped baseball, but the defensive player was not in the base path and did not go out of his way to get in the position he was in, he attempted to catch the ball.

Call that could have gone either way.

One of the things that makes baseball different is that there are few, if any, 'play on' situations that you might see in basketball, hockey, or football. If the call was not made, it would have been a much worse situation, since it would have definitely been a blown call. It is not something that the umps can just overlook. I have yet to find any national writer or anaylist that hasn't said it was the right call to make.

On the base path issue, the runner makes his own path. From where Craig got up to home plate is his baseline, he doesn't have to stay on the chalk line.

It was the right call. Would Craig been safe without the contact? Yes.

Did that contact happen because the player was laying in the base path? Yes.

Right call.

Finally saw the play..all I could do is laugh...3 games in a row with crappy defensive plays

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing, it was very close and a tough call. It's been awhile since I umped baseball, but the defensive player was not in the base path and did not go out of his way to get in the position he was in, he attempted to catch the ball.

Call that could have gone either way.

Agree with this too and Craig was inside the base path when he tripped over him. Isn't the defensive player allowed to make a play on the ball? From what I've seen, most of the (so called) media experts agree with the call Though. Just don't see it though. Should've been a no call in my opinion.

Stephen Drew is incredible defensively. Wish he could hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucholtz doesn't have anything tonight. The Sox are going to need some good fortune tonight.

We have based loaded with no outs - and Stephen Drew is up.

Gulp..

Productive out. Drew! Finally

Productive out. Drew! Finally

Yeah but what is Gomes doing on second. He should be on third right now.

It wouldn't have changed the result but that was weird how Molina was in foul territory instead of out in front of the plate to take Holliday's throw.

It wouldn't have changed the result but that was weird how Molina was in foul territory instead of out in front of the plate to take Holliday's throw.

It was a little strange - maybe trying to decoy Papi?

Jonny Gomes!!!!

An Earl Weaver special !!!

Maybe a few hibernating bats waking up tonight. Back back back back.....Gomes!

Now play some defense. For a change and all.

Noooooooooo !!! Breslow is warming up!

I have a bad feeling about this with Breslow in..

Bad feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back