Man's best friend ...

Dang. Great story.

Every day I come home and my lovely 4 year old golden retriever never fails to act as if I've been gone forever. After sometimes what is a long and tiring day, it's icing on the cake after giving the wife & kids hugs.

Dogs are the most loyal creatures. I swear there are many, many days when I like dealing with dogs over humans. Which reminds me, I always wanted to get another...

Dogs are the most loyal creatures. I swear there are many, many days when I like dealing with dogs over humans. Which reminds me, I always wanted to get another...
You gotta have two! That way they keep each other company.

Twice the everything. When I get a good job and house of my own, it's a done deal. Want to rescue our next family member.

I have been considering this exact thing, for this exact reason, for a while now. I can barely keep up with the one I have, would a second slow him down? Hahaha.

Twice the everything. When I get a good job and house of my own, it's a done deal. Want to rescue our next family member.

That's great Tsylor. My sister has had two rescue dogs and both were the most lovable pips you could imagine. Sadly she has lost both and is just taking some time, before she gets her next one.

What a wonderful little pup in that story, either I'm getting softer in my old age or it's just damned dusty in here. My wife rescued an American Bully from a rescue in NY and he was our true best friend. Shortly after we had moved to Fla he developed lung cancer and we had to make that difficult decision to lay him down permanently and still til this day I think about Roc and the laughs he gave us, the licks on the face after a really crappy day, and the way he protected us, my wife in particular lol. Having had many humans deaths to contend with in life I can honestly say I've never sobbed over a death as I did his, I loved him so damn much. Pets are simply a gift.

dogs are so loyal and protective. they are an amazing force.
mine dobe sleeps with me in the bed and has actually woken me up from 3 nightmares to make sure i am ok. as long as she is near i know i am going to have a good night sleep

Great story! We love our dogs so much!

JM

In the last week my Facebook feed has been flooded with friends who have lost dogs. Kinda bizarre. I've got a beagle that drives me crazy more often than not, but he's great with my two daughters and I can't imagine him not being around. Hopefully won't be something we have to tackle for a long while.

[video=youtube;Xw1C5T-fH2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1C5T-fH2Y&list=TLlgITHM-8-8Q[/video]

That story got me... I think of my little guy at home alone when I am at work.

I would love to get another, but living in a small condo I feel like it would be cruel to the dogs and not sure the wife and I could keep up with them.

Very cool story. I miss my pup everyday, had her for 12 years and had to put her down last year 10-23-13. She was my little girl and all she did was give love and make my life better.

Definitely dusty in here. This story hits hard at home for me. I have 3 and I would absolutely do anything for them. No matter how sh!tty your day is no matter how down you can be on yourself you are always the center of their world. They truly want nothing more than to make you happy. Dogs in general not just my 3 really get to me. I remember when I was in Vegas a year ago there were a few people on the street and they had dogs and the dogs could absolutely careless that they lived on the street as long as they were with their humans. I bought 3 or 4 bags of food that week for the dogs, and gave them to the owners, just couldn't help myself.

Back