Measuring shaft length with adaptors

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Question for you experienced club builders and those who might know anyways. Should have asked this before, but alas, I hope to save others the trouble. Recently ordered a shaft that was built custom to my specs with an adaptor already on it ready to go. I know my current driver setup is 45" in length installed in the head. So to relay that info to the seller for build specs, I measured the entire shaft uninstalled at 43.75". I got the shaft today and it is well long, upwards of 3/4". I asked why it wasn't the length I specified and he said you don't count part of the adaptor thay goes in the head. Just wondering if this is common practice and how others measure shaft lengths with adaptors for purposes like this. Thanks!

That's why when I order a shaft with a tip I give them 2 dimensions.

1) Shaft+Tip+Grip length
2) Bare shaft length

Just wondering if there is any "right" way. Yeah I told them the length of the reference shift from tip to butt of the grip and stated that as such while telling him I don't know how to properly measure. I had no idea what the bare shift length should be but I guess I just have to go get it cut down.

A good club builder should he able to get it done when you tell them "playing length of 45" IMO

I agree with the two posts below, the builder should also know the bottom bore to ground measurement and build the shaft with that in mind.

Back