Equipment Appraisal Thread

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
Have a question about what something might be worth before you try to sell it? Ask any and all questions here.

I actually think this is a good idea. Please provide input but let's be civil.

Ok. I will give it a shot. Very good condition razr fit driver with project X shaft. Tool but no head cover. What's it worth?!

Ok. I will give it a shot. Very good condition razr fit driver with project X shaft. Tool but no head cover. What's it worth?!

$80 seems to be the average on ebay which is normally a good guide

Good idea for a thread, I'm sure a lot of us are in limbo about the value of our gear. Plus it will help it sell faster if we have it priced properly.

I guess I have to bite if I want to sell them.. What do you guys think the irons i posted for sale are worth?

Honestly, I don't like this idea. The marketplace will naturally set the price itself. Having people set the price in here will always be in favor of buyer instead of seller.

Honestly, I don't like this idea. The marketplace will naturally set the price itself. Having people set the price in here will always be in favor of buyer instead of seller.
You don't have to sell at a price given.. It's just to help leadyou in the right direction.

Equipment Appraisal Thread

You don't have to sell at a price given.. It's just to help leadyou in the right direction.

The right direction should be dictated by the person buying. Example: irons $400, ad is placed, and buyer is willing to pay. Before buying he comes to this thread and sees a consensus of $275. Did we do the buyer a favor or seller a disservice?

The right direction should be dictated by the person buying. Example: irons $400, ad is placed, and buyer is willing to pay. Before buying he comes to this thread and sees a consensus of $275. Did we do the buyer a favor or seller a disservice?

he doesn't have to change price. It's just to get a feel of what something could be worth.

Completely agree.

Agree with this as well. This thread will only cause trouble

Well it was just an idea. If it hurts more than it helps, mods can close it up.

I see both sides of this coin. I have a tendency to agree with it being a bad idea. Very similar in the car business when someone wants to buy a used car for example and the customer is talking to the banker where he is loaning the money and the BANKER is telling him the dealership "is trying to sell it for you for to much." Then the customer comes back and saying this, and now NO one is going to win. So then go buy the vehicle from your banker....what he's not selling cars?

I will let this thread stand for the moment. However, let's please try not to question the value or price people set for their clubs in the marketplace.

I would say this thread can be helpful as long as the assessment is done with good and thorough evaluation, mostly importantly without bias toward either selling or buying. For me, I first check the purchase history of the same or identical product on the bay. This would give you a pretty good indication of what the start price would be. Then I factor in the condition, shafts (if any upgrade), customization, grips etc. Another good resource to check is the pga valude guide. It's hard to set a standard, if there's any, especially dealing with used gears. The best way to go about it I think is do some homework, read up the feedback from this thread and draw your own conclusion and buy and sell at the price that you feel is fair. A good deal is both seller and buyer walked away SATISFIED.

I think this thread could work if:

1) appraisals can only be requested by someone looking to sell clubs or buy clubs off eBay
2) absolutely no discussion of listings that are active on the marketplace

I think this thread could work if:

1) appraisals can only be requested by someone looking to sell clubs or buy clubs off eBay
2) absolutely no discussion of listings that are active on the marketplace
I like

I am also in favor that this thread is probably going to cause more frustration than anything. I just purchased a driver from someone on here. If I made the deal, saw this thread, and felt that I got ripped off, then that would only make me annoyed and upset. No offense to the buyer, but it is their duty to look online and see the approx worth of the item(s) being sold (i.e. pga value guide, ebay, etc). A few times I've chimed in on a thread and stated that the item is a great price but I would never go to a thread and say, "whoa, that is way overpriced."

Actually the only way I see this working is if I wanted to come here with items to sell but I wasn't quite sure where to start it. I think that is reasonable but at the same time, if you hear no responses after a few days of listing something, then it is an obvious sign that I am priced too high.

I don't see why people shouldn't be able to discuss their own listing and ask for insight into what would be fair value. I do understand where things could get a bit screwy, but I also understand not being sure how to valuate your clubs. There's a lot of factors that affect the value of clubs and it can be a bit unnerving trying to sort what's fair to list for.

Have a question about what something might be worth before you try to sell it? Ask any and all questions here.

I guess I just didn't read that much into the original post, some good points have been brought up but I think the edea is rather simple and not nearly as complicated. If you want to know the value of something ask here.

(example) how much do you think this Used Mizuno raw wedge in 54 degrees of loft with 12° of bounce is worth? More than likely a pic would be attached.

Ok $25 dollars sounds more than fair. Thanks you for the input.

I guess I just didn't read that much into the original post, some good points have been brought up but I think the edea is rather simple and not nearly as complicated. If you want to know the value of something ask here.

(example) how much do you think this Used Mizuno raw wedge in 54 degrees of loft with 12° of bounce is worth? More than likely a pic would be attached.

Ok $25 dollars sounds more than fair. Thanks you for the input.

Yes exactly. It's not a matter of arguing if something is priced too highly, it's just to get an idea of where to start at.

Back