Deal to beat all deals!

Guys probably just angry at himself for making such a mistake. I couldn't in good conscious take advantage of him though. He made a mistake, but the right thing to do is allow the refund.

I'd agree, but since this guy was being a (insert whatever word you so choose), I'd still pursue it.

If he'd apologized and not been the a$$hat it sounds like he was, I would've let it slide. Since he didn't, I say go for it and notify eBay.
Exactly

Since he is mathematically challenged, you still may get a 299.99 refund. He clearly struggles with decimal placement. Rightly so, my daughter had a hard time with that one somewhere around the 3rd grade or so.

LMAO! Unfortunately he refunded the correct amount at $2.99....

LMAO! Unfortunately he refunded the correct amount at $2.99....

You should ask him if he plans to return the free shipping you paid for.

If he'd apologized and not been the a$$hat it sounds like he was, I would've let it slide. Since he didn't, I say go for it and notify eBay.

I agree with this. Or if he'd say. I screwed up. I realize it and so do you. If you are willing to pay 1/2 the price I meant to list , we both win.

That is if you really want the club. If you don't, take this money and leave negative feedback.

I'm not big on EBay, so I don't know I'd you can do that.

But the guy is the idiot for putting the wrong price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pursue it. I give lots of people breaks from time to time and realize people make mistakes, but when they are an arse to me when it was clearly their fault, let em have it however you can.

He really had the balls to say why would you hit buy it now for that price? Guy doesn't deserve to be on eBay. Go get him Sox

I'm with everyone else. Go for it

Report him !

What a DB. I mean I can totally understand an honest mistake and an apology then trying to work out things, but attacking you because of their mistake is just wrong.

Agree with everyone. If he was nice about it I would let it slide. Since he was a douche, I'd go after him. Dude needs a lesson taught to him.

Just spent about 15 minutes on Ebay trying to figure out how to report this issue. Not sure that I will be able to report it since he refunded the purchase price. Seems like there should be some way to do it. Any suggestions?

I would imagine ebay will take the stance that you accepted the refund so there was no deal, therefore there can be no dispute. I really hate that for you.

Guys probably just angry at himself for making such a mistake. I couldn't in good conscious take advantage of him though. He made a mistake, but the right thing to do is allow the refund.

This ^^^^ is pretty much my POV.

Maybe I'd tell the guy I know he made a mistake and if he would just say so and apologize I'd let it go, but if he wants to be an arse Id report it. Then the ball is in his court. But I wouldn't feel right not giving him an explicit chance to do the right thing.

Hmm I don't know much about it. A guy at my work used to sell stuff on there, and might know something. He said he stopped because it was too easy for buyers to complain to eBay, make seller refund the money, and not even make the buyer ship the product back. Not sure if there's any validity to that.

The refund doesn't matter. I believe if you go through the resolution center under not receiving your item, you can submit it that way, and I think you can report it separately through pay pal.

I would imagine ebay will take the stance that you accepted the refund so there was no deal, therefore there can be no dispute. I really hate that for you.

I had no say so in accepting the refund or not. The purchase was just refunded without any approval from me. But you are probably right. I selected the option for them to call me since there was no on-line option to air a grievance. Dude re-listed the driver at $299.00 immediately after refunding my $.

The refund doesn't matter. I believe if you go through the resolution center under not receiving your item, you can submit it that way, and I think you can report it separately through pay pal.

I tried that option but it came up with the following message: " We're sorry there's a problem with this purchase. Unfortunately, PayPal reports that we can't open a case for this item.You can try to work out this problem by contacting the seller." I then requested them to call me which according to their timeframe should be any minute now.

My personal opinion.... We all want a deal but we all know that the price was an error and you should probably just walk away.

Even though you paid and he may have been a jerk in his response, but basically said I am not sending you the item and sent your money back. You are within your rights to open a case and ebay will probably find in your favor but after the case is resolved I don't think he will send you the driver. He will continue to refund your money and will accept the negative feedback and comment that he incorrectly listed a buy it now price. Bottom line result will be you will get your money back and he will keep the driver.

The guy refunded my $2.99 and basically called me an idiot for thinking someone would sell the club for that price. Should I pursue the transaction further through Ebay or just forget about it?

you should reply to this with "you're the idiot who thought nobody would buy it for $2.99. NOW GIMME MY CLUB."

Legally, the seller issuing the refund doesn't remove his obligation to the contract. If that were the case, anyone could issue a refund if they didn't like the winning bid on their item.

The guy refunded my $2.99 and basically called me an idiot for thinking someone would sell the club for that price. Should I pursue the transaction further through Ebay or just forget about it?

Pursue it and at least leave negative feedback...hes an idiot for the low starting bid or lack of reserve

It's obviously a mistake...why would you pursue it? I'm assuming you're not interested in stealing the guy's driver right? Mike, isn't that a bit extreme? The guy made a mistake that is obvious to anyone looking at the auction. Everyone makes mistakes.

I'm a little surprised that the consensus seems to be that it's ok to try to stick it in the guy's @#s...seems out of character for this place.

Back