What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Titleist pro v1x, great ball all the way around and the most consistent for my game.

Every time I do I'm more and more impressed but with it getting colder and leaves making balls harder and harder to find I've switched to the Wilson Staff Duo, this ball just absolutely performs.

Every time I do I'm more and more impressed but with it getting colder and leaves making balls harder and harder to find I've switched to the Wilson Staff Duo, this ball just absolutely performs.
I've played this ball quite a bit over the last three weeks, and I really see no reason for me to buy balls any more expensive than these. My favorite part? They drop and STOP on the green.

Still playing maxfli u4x, and continue to be impressed. Especially since I found 6 packs of them marked down to 9.99. Under 20$ a dozen its a no brainer. great off the tee, and great spin on the greens.

I've played this ball quite a bit over the last three weeks, and I really see no reason for me to buy balls any more expensive than these. My favorite part? They drop and STOP on the green.

You're not kidding dude. And even in the warm weather they STILL perform. And you're absolutely correct with the fact that they don't hit and release forward or anything they hit and stop. I've backed a few up on good strikes too. They're long and straight too. Really tough to justify playing different balls. Oh and I love the way they feel putting too.

Just went through the last of my B330 from Vegas. It was a great ball, but I am happy to go back to my beloved Chrome+

Bought some Wilson Staff Duo balls at the club pro shop today and was quite impressed with how these balls handled off the driver, as well as off the irons and around the green. Off the driver, I got a bit more launch than my Pro V1s, giving me 5-10 yards extra distance without compromising accuracy. With the irons, I got about equal distance and accuracy, as my Pro V1s, and around the green they had about equal playability, as well. Overall, I was quite impressed by this ball, especially for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

like other canucks, pickedup some lethals for 30 per dozen. This ball reminds me of the prov1, but a bit softer and a bit longer. Im a 12 handicap, so i usually don't notice that much of a difference, but ive been comparing balls all year..

FG Tour (wilson) great ball, like a duo with more spin
330rxs, like a prov1x, but too hard for me and my swing speed
330rx, i never got a good feel with that ball
prov1, trustworthy and a great ball, but i still like the lethal better
Duo, can you say soft and drop and stop? This ball is amazing too, but zero sping around the green from my club
e6, solid ball, really solid, a close 2nd to a premium ball

So, answer is "lethal"

I started the round with my usual ProV1 but due to unforeseen circumstances changed to a Srixon Z star for the first time, I must admit I prefered the Z star feels longer off the tee and seemed to come off the putter a lot better

Doc you have to give the Hex Chrome a try as you would kill that ball. Amazing in the wind as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Picked a dozen of these up today and may well put them into play tomorrow so you better hope I like them or you will be getting the bill for them... :D

I am confident you will love them! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well I decided to be brave/stupid and despite never having hit the Chrome before, I put it on the first tee and played it for the whole round

It was pretty windy so I got to see how it handled the wind and I have to say I was quite impressed - I think I would have had a hard time determining if I was playing the e6 or the Chrome, it was that stable

Approaches into the green with full short irons was a little bit difficult to say how the ball performed as the club had obviously been hollow tining the greens and they were quite sandy, but there were a couple of occasions when I went to play a pitch and run (like I would with the e6) that checked up and stopped quicker than I expected so it will be interesting to see how they perform for me when the conditions are a bit better

I do have one major issue with them though.....they don't float.....although admittedly, I am yet to find a ball that does, so I will forgive them for that problem. The shot that cost me the lost ball was a combination of bad shot execution but also a bit of bad course management going for a par 5 green with my second shot.....I was left with around 200yds to a green protected by water and I didn't get the best contact on the ball so came up short

Overall, I was striking the ball pretty well and the way it handled the wind and the conditions impressed me and it will more than likely stay in my bag along with the e6

Been playing the taylormade lethal this year and I'm really liking that ball. Been playing prov1 for the last few years as well as all different kinds of callaways. I notice the lethal has more control off the tee for me and a little higher spin on the driver which i like for my tight dog leg home course. Around the greens and approach shots have a more controllable and predictable spin. Also the lethal looks better after a whole round of golf then the prov1 looks after three holes, the durability of it is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hit the hex chrome + today. Idk if it's any longer than my prov1. I feel the ball didn't fly as far

Been playing the HX Diablo Tour and I love it. It bombs off the tee and gives a decent amount of spin around the green. And lately being at $35 for 2 dozen they're tough to beat.
I found what appeared to be a brand new one Sunday and played it right away because I have been wanting to try the new version, which this was.

On the drive I reached an 'unreachable' lake. It was close to the shoreline so I grabbed it again and hit a 90 yard pitch to an uphill green that stopped 3 ft from its mark. Sadly, this was the 18th hole and all the chance I got to hit it....there will be much more, possibly a dozen purchase, soon.

Last Friday I played a sleeve of 2012 Srixon Q-Star yellow. I lost one on the first hole OB (no warm up, just went to the tee box....grrrr), and lost another one in a pond with a slicing 3W off the tee.

Overall, I really liked the ball. Easy to find. My driver started working again for the first time in a long long time (I switched back to my Nike VR STR8Fit Tour instead of a TM SF 2.0 I had been using since May). My irons and long wedges into greens just stopped, no release, which wasn't always helpful, but may be due more to the green surfaces (no pitch marks, either). Felt good off the putter. Forgot how much I liked this ball, having used 2013 Bridgestone E5's and a couple E6's for most of the summer.

This weekend I played the Rife E Motion. Not a bad ball. I got adequate distance. On the green it rolls true. Problem is that sometimes the ball roll off the back of the green on approach shots. So what I ended up doing was to hit a club less and run the ball up to the green. This seem to work out pretty good. Still like my Bridgestone E+6.
Rife-E-Motion-Golf-Balls_Default_ALT4_550.jpeg

I played the Bridgestone e6 today. Not overly impressed, although... I'm withholding judgement since it was foggy this morning and extremely cold. I wasn't expecting great distances from any ball or club.... and I didn't get any. I will go back to my Callaway Hex Chrome+ tomorrow.

I played the Bridgestone e6 today. Not overly impressed, although... I'm withholding judgement since it was foggy this morning and extremely cold. I wasn't expecting great distances from any ball or club.... and I didn't get any. I will go back to my Callaway Hex Chrome+ tomorrow.

Played my first 18 holes with the Chrome+ today. My previous favorite ball was the Penta TP3, but the Chrome+ performed so well for me today I'm going to switch. I think it plays similar to the Penta TP3, but it is far more durable and better feeling off the irons for me.

attachment.php

First Impressions: The ball is slightly softer than the 20XI-X. A little less clicky off the putter. I like how it feels. Seems to check up just a touch more. Unfortunately my driver isn't consistent enough to notice a few yards in either direction, that is going to require a little further testing. I think anyone who liked the 2013 ball will like this one.

Played with hex black tour two days ago. Really like the feel

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nike X Turbo. Not sure where they came from but I know I didn't spend money on them nor would I. I hate wasting money on garbage.

Late fall here a lot of leaves on the laying around , so I don't what to lose any good balls . Looking around in my bag for some cheapo balls that I have found , pulled out a Pinnacle ball. Oh my word I killing this thing. Now I have hit pinnacle balls before
but this thing was a monster. My buddy and I are within 5 to 10 yards of one other most times, This thing was 20 to 30 yards longer than him. I was longer than I have hit by a least 20 yards than mid summer and it is cold here. Guys in my group are saying what Fricking ball are you hitting ? So I looked closer it was a Pinnacle ex which I have never seen . Anyone else hit this thing ?
model

played some Chrome+ on a few holes ball checked well, felt/sounded good off the putter, felt good off the driver and irons.

played Vision X3 for a few holes today balled checked up well, good off the putter, and was longer than the Z-XV or Chrome+

I tried out the Bridgestone Lady Precept in yellow after reading about them here. Before I typically played with used Pinnacle gold balls that I purchased in bulk to learn with and I tried out new Pro V1 to see what all the hype was about.

I like the lady precepts. I found them to be much more forgiving than the Pro V1's were. If I messed up a swing on a drive with the Pro V1 the result would be a huge slice. I didn't have that occur at all with the precepts. However, I think on average I was getting up to 20 yards extra distance on drives with the pro v1 over the lady precepts. I also felt like the pro v1's stop better on the greens on approach shots, but as a high handicapper with a poor short game I can't rule out my inconsistencies. I found both balls to perform close to the same for me when putting. The almost neon yellow color on the lady precepts was much easier to see and find on the course then white golf balls.

Volvik iV. I liked the color and durability. I wasn't too sure about receptiveness into greens and off the putter ... need to give them another chance.

played with the Nike One RZN-X ball

fiew thoughts i snuck out and played 9 last night at dusk. the balls fly very straight with good distance. (7 of 9) Gir about 5 yds further on my irons. the feel also was pretty soft .... softer then i thought it would be for a harder distance ball. you can tell the spin was less, ball was finishing about 4 ft behind the ball marks with no real back up. i didnt really chip except for the practice green. greenside spin was definately less then the tour balls with more roll out witch isnt really a bad thing

Back