Opinions on Recycled or Refurbished Golf Balls

hitmanharleyk

Swing Easy, Hit it Hard!
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.6
I know this has been discussed probably a thousand times here but I wanted everyones opinion. I play the Bridgestone Tour B330's and I hate to use new golf balls during the winter. My local couse is cover with trees and the leaves make it terribly hard to find a golfball on a wayward shot. A example is Saturday a guy hit a tree 30 yards off of the tee box and our whole 4 some watch it role back within 20 feet of us, took us and the 4 some behind us 5 or 6 minutes to find it.

Do you use either and where do you buy them?

I use nothing but recycled balls from www.lostgolfballs.com. I hit the e6 and B330-RX and order them whenever there is a sale. The AAAA works perfect for me and play just a good as a brand new ball out of the sleeve.

Recycled is a yes, refurbished generally a no.

I, too, have bought from LGB and have had NO problems.

yes, mint to AAAA titleist are good as a new sleeve.

95% of the balls I use are recycled mint condition from golfballnut.com. Tons cheaper than new and other than some sharpie dots occasionally you can't tell them apart from new balls.

I have tried some of the refurb balls from a couple different places and really didn't like them. The finish tends to come off pretty easily.

Recycled balls yes. Refinished/refurbished never.

That's a big 10-4

I use nothing but recycled balls from www.lostgolfballs.com. I hit the e6 and B330-RX and order them whenever there is a sale. The AAAA works perfect for me and play just a good as a brand new ball out of the sleeve.
I'm also a fan of recycled balls from www.lostgolfballs.com. I go for the AAAAA balls and they rarely let me down. I recently bought 3 dozen, 1 which was a Sample Pack of Pro V1X 2014, Callaway Speed Regime 3, Nike RZN Black, Taylormade Tour Preferred X for $28 - 20%. I see no reason to buy new anymore

REcycled yes
refurb no as the characteristics of the ball are negatively impacted.

Lostgolfballs.com and golfnut for me

I, too, have bought from LGB and have had NO problems.

I agree. Never refurbished. Higher grade used is OK.

recycled in the winter time is a yes. started doing that last year.

That's a big 10-4

I'm also a fan of recycled balls from www.lostgolfballs.com. I go for the AAAAA balls and they rarely let me down. I recently bought 3 dozen, 1 which was a Sample Pack of Pro V1X 2014, Callaway Speed Regime 3, Nike RZN Black, Taylormade Tour Preferred X for $28 - 20%. I see no reason to buy new anymore

This is the route I'm thinking of going next year.

REcycled yes
refurb no as the characteristics of the ball are negatively impacted.

Lostgolfballs.com and golfnut for me

I'll be checking these sites out soon haha

Yeah recycled sure when a good deal on pro veez come out on the bay I'm usually in a bidding war of sort.

I chatted with a Bridgestone ball fitting expert today and he recommended the E5 as a winter ball. He said it was the closest thing in the cheaper line to the tour 330 I normally play. Thinking of ordering me a couple dozen from golfballnut.com to get thru the next few months, I have a few 330's that have some life left in them.

AAAA grade are $9.99 and the AAAAA's are $11.99, will I see a big difference in the two grades?

I chatted with a Bridgestone ball fitting expert today and he recommended the E5 as a winter ball. He said it was the closest thing in the cheaper line to the tour 330 I normally play. Thinking of ordering me a couple dozen from golfballnut.com to get thru the next few months, I have a few 330's that have some life left in them.

AAAA grade are $9.99 and the AAAAA's are $11.99, will I see a big difference in the two grades?

AAAA grade will have permanent marker marks on it and won't be as white, but other than that, they are exactly the same. Both play as good as a new ball. Personally, I prefer saving the few extra dollars and always go with the AAAA since pen marks and logos don't make a difference to me.

I went with 2 dozen mint for $11.99 each and $6 shipping. Found a coupon code that saved me $4.80, so I was out the door for $25.18 or $1.05 per ball. Had I knew I'd like the ball, I could have got 3 dozen and lowered the price per ball to $0.94 ea.

Code I Used was Thankful20 at golfballnut.

Shipping at lostgolfballs cost them the order, their cheapest shipping was $15.99

Last edited:
Recycled are great but I wouldn't recommend refinished.

i have played both and can not tell the difference with new. As far as the finish of refurbs, i have never seen a problem, then again in the last season i can count on 1 hand when a single ball lasted all round. a common phrase with the hackers i play with is" for sale, one titleist velocity, 4A condition, hit once"!

It's funny I came across this discussion. I just emailed lgb cs about a recent order. I ordered 4 dozen tour b330's in the aaaa quality. When i received them they were superb, except they either slipped or accidentally placed several refurbed balls in there. Imo they are a waste of money and their performance is a crapshoot. You reAlly don't know what your getting when they have been refinished.

Anyways I still love lgb.com and will be a loyal customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny I came across this discussion. I just emailed lgb cs about a recent order. I ordered 4 dozen tour b330's in the aaaa quality. When i received them they were superb, except they either slipped or accidentally placed several refurbed balls in there. Imo they are a waste of money and their performance is a crapshoot. You reAlly don't know what your getting when they have been refinished.

Anyways I still love lgb.com and will be a loyal customer

i actually just received 4 dozen AAAA B330's yesterday from LGB and was disappointed in what I received. so your not the only one.

i actually just received 4 dozen AAAA B330's yesterday from LGB and was disappointed in what I received. so your not the only one.

Well at least I'm not the only one...sorry. Lol. I did email them and hopefully will get a response from them. I would be ok with getting several poorly graded balls because imo they are still gameable. But refurbed balls imo are just garbage and that is not what I paid for.

Recycled balls is all I use, AAAAA mint condition just like brand new for half the price

Well at least I'm not the only one...sorry. Lol. I did email them and hopefully will get a response from them. I would be ok with getting several poorly graded balls because imo they are still gameable. But refurbed balls imo are just garbage and that is not what I paid for.

i talked to fletcher the other day concerning my order because it was taking so long to get here and I got the impression they were a bit overwhelmed with orders from the Black Friday sell they had going on. I'm guessing that's why my order was a little wonky.

i talked to fletcher the other day concerning my order because it was taking so long to get here and I got the impression they were a bit overwhelmed with orders from the Black Friday sell they had going on. I'm guessing that's why my order was a little wonky.

I actually thought to myself it could have something to do with that. I bought mine Black Friday. Couldn't pass up 13.99 dz with free shipping. I guess they were overwhelmed. I got concerned as well with shipping. Ordered that Friday and received them today. That's a long time

Stupid question but what's the difference in refurbished and recycled.

Back