Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to a national sports talk show. Not going to lie. I love hearing cardinal fans crying about how classless the dodgers are.

I pay little attention to things like that.

I will not hide my disdain for Puig, that guy is an idiot.

I pay little attention to things like that.

I will not hide my disdain for Puig, that guy is an idiot.

Question for you... if Puig was on the Cardinals would you feel the same way?

I honestly like the energy he plays with. But I agree with you in that he need to curb it - and I think he will. I didn't like the raising of the arms as he was running outo of the batter's box after he hit that triple, but after he reached third - I had no issues with his celebration. It wasn't any different then what Adrian Gonzalez did the batter before when he slid into second with the double.

Question for you... if Puig was on the Cardinals would you feel the same way?

I honestly like the energy he plays with. But I agree with you in that he need to curb it - and I think he will. I didn't like the raising of the arms as he was running outo of the batter's box after he hit that triple, but after he reached third - I had no issues with his celebration. It wasn't any different then what Adrian Gonzalez did the batter before when he slid into second with the double.

Absolutely. I bet if you asked many dodgers fans they would tell you the same thing. There is a right way and a wrong way to celebrate. I cannot stand the dude. If this wasn't the playoffs he would have deservingly gotten one in his earhole. The guy was 0-11 with 7 strikeouts before that at-bat, but for some reason decides to celebrate like he hit one to the moon, on a ball that didn't even go over the fence.

People say he is going to curb his antics, but is he? What makes anyone think he will...

So who will prevail tonight and once again take the series advantage...Tigers or Red Sox's?

Tigers at home, Verlander at home. Sox did damage in 1 of 18 innings.

Tigers.
Tigers take series in six.

Just call me...Barb

Yea he was trying to act like bi pappy there and almost regretted to do that. I mean yea it stinks but we would celebrate to. Atleast they didn't urinate during there celebration like they did when they beat the diamondbacks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

Absolutely. I bet if you asked many dodgers fans they would tell you the same thing. There is a right way and a wrong way to celebrate. I cannot stand the dude. If this wasn't the playoffs he would have deservingly gotten one in his earhole. The guy was 0-11 with 7 strikeouts before that at-bat, but for some reason decides to celebrate like he hit one to the moon, on a ball that didn't even go over the fence.

People say he is going to curb his antics, but is he? What makes anyone think he will...

Personally I think you will find that Dodger fans are a little more forgiving at this point. That being said, I completely agree with you in that if Puig did those antics coming out of the box during the regular season, I am pretty sure he would have been drilled in the back or the legs the next time up. But he is 22 and a rookie..

I think with more time with the veterans, he will curb it. If not... a couple of opposing pitchers will probably take care of it.

Lets go Cards!

Know how to keep Puig from celebrating? Get him out at the plate. Don't let him hit standup triples and he won't be a problem.

Next time a Cardinals pitcher/player shows any emotion, I hope you feel the same way.

Know how to keep Puig from celebrating? Get him out at the plate. Don't let him hit standup triples and he won't be a problem.

Next time a Cardinals pitcher/player shows any emotion, I hope you feel the same way.

How the Brewers doing? Oh ya thats right...

He was 0-11 before that at bat, the Cardinal pitchers were doing just fine. Cannot recall a single at bat or hit where anyone on the Cardinals decided it would be appropriate to throw their bat 25 feet up in the air when they hit the ball this season.

There is a difference between being happy and being an ass. You and I will go around in circles about this stuff so I am not going to argue with you. Baseball never used to be as full of showboaters as it is now.

One should consider where this Dodgers team was headed before Puig arrived. Mattingly was very close to getting canned and the Dodgers were nearly in last place. Puig plays with an energy and exuberance that not only gets the fans excited, but gets his team rolling as well. I'm sure he would gladly wear one if it gets his team jacked up. Besides, this is playoff baseball, the celebrations get a little out of hand.

One should consider where this Dodgers team was headed before Puig arrived. Mattingly was very close to getting canned and the Dodgers were nearly in last place. Puig plays with an energy and exuberance that not only gets the fans excited, but gets his team rolling as well. I'm sure he would gladly wear one if it gets his team jacked up. Besides, this is playoff baseball, the celebrations get a little out of hand.

You act as if he hasn't been doing this stuff before the playoffs. He is a clown. A very talented baseball player, but has a TON of maturing to do

You act as if he hasn't been doing this stuff before the playoffs. He is a clown. A very talented baseball player, but has a TON of maturing to do

I don't particularly care how Puig acts. I thought it was pretty clear that I was saying Puig's energy got this team out of the basement. Which did in fact occur long before the playoffs started. If it gets his team a World Series ring, then his lack of maturity worked perfectly.

Have we forgotten about Manny, Barry, Ricky? Personalities are a great part of the game and in many cases are what leads a team. People shook their heads at Manny but he just kept hitting and leading his team at the expense of everyone else.

How the Brewers doing? Oh ya thats right...

He was 0-11 before that at bat, the Cardinal pitchers were doing just fine. Cannot recall a single at bat or hit where anyone on the Cardinals decided it would be appropriate to throw their bat 25 feet up in the air when they hit the ball this season.

There is a difference between being happy and being an ass. You and I will go around in circles about this stuff so I am not going to argue with you. Baseball never used to be as full of showboaters as it is now.

I don't see how the brewers have anything to do with this.

It just seems like whenever a player celebrates against the Cardinals, there's an uproar in St. Louis. Instead of complaining that Puig celebrated like a moron (he did), how about pointing at the pitcher for hanging a pitch against to a streaky hitter.

The hit got the Dodgers in front, got the crowd involved, and energized the Dodgers for the win. Want to shut him up? Beat the dodgers. Don't be thugs and throw at him. That's a cop out and more bush than being happy about a big hit.

I don't see how the brewers have anything to do with this.

It just seems like whenever a player celebrates against the Cardinals, there's an uproar in St. Louis. Instead of complaining that Puig celebrated like a moron (he did), how about pointing at the pitcher for hanging a pitch against to a streaky hitter.

The hit got the Dodgers in front, got the crowd involved, and energized the Dodgers for the win. Want to shut him up? Beat the dodgers. Don't be thugs and throw at him. That's a cop out and more bush than being happy about a big hit.

We did, twice. When Carlos Beltran had the walkoff base hit in Game 1 do you know what he did? He ran to first base. He didnt throw his bat up in the air and act like an idiot. My biggest issue is the fact the dude tried to pimp the ball like he had hit it 500 feet and the thing didn't even go over the fence.

It isn't just because it was against the Cardinals. I say the same thing about guys like Ortiz, Bryce Harper, etc.. It has nothing to do with who they are playing or the situation. hit the ball and run the bases. You get paid to hit homeruns not to celebrate them like a jackass.

Not really one for posing or anything like that when you hit a home run. He probably could have done without the bat flip or any of that. I don't mind the excitement he showed when he reached 3rd base though. I'll give him some credit too for busting his butt after that silly celebration in the batters box. Pretty sure Cano wouldn't have done that.

My point had to do with the bat flip nothing with his celebration on 3rd base. That is fine. Just don't show up the pitcher, that is my thought. The game never ever used to be like this. It is just stupid

My point had to do with the bat flip nothing with his celebration on 3rd base. That is fine. Just don't show up the pitcher, that is my thought. The game never ever used to be like this. It is just stupid

Can't disagree with you there. Flip side, I hate when pitchers do that kind of crap when they strike a guy out of notch a save.

We did, twice. When Carlos Beltran had the walkoff base hit in Game 1 do you know what he did? He ran to first base. He didnt throw his bat up in the air and act like an idiot. My biggest issue is the fact the dude tried to pimp the ball like he had hit it 500 feet and the thing didn't even go over the fence.

It isn't just because it was against the Cardinals. I say the same thing about guys like Ortiz, Bryce Harper, etc.. It has nothing to do with who they are playing or the situation. hit the ball and run the bases. You get paid to hit homeruns not to celebrate them like a jackass.

Do you feel the same way when pitchers celebrate big strike outs or close games? The fact is, he was excited. He is allowed to be celebrated. To point and the pitcher and run your mouth (Carlos Gomez) is bush. I agree there. But Puig didn't show up the pitcher when he celebrated a home run...err...triple. Don't want him to celebrate, fine. Keep him off the bases.

I agree with that too man. I just dont like all of the showboating, in any sport. These guys get paid TONS of money to get people out and get hits... That is what they do

I agree with that too man. I just dont like all of the showboating, in any sport. These guys get paid TONS of money to get people out and get hits... That is what they do

To be fair, showing that emotion, getting fans to the stadium and people to watch on TV is what fills the bank that pays them. Yes, they get paid for hitting the ball and running to first. But they are able to be paid those millions by making fans want to watch.

Do you feel the same way when pitchers celebrate big strike outs or close games? The fact is, he was excited. He is allowed to be celebrated. To point and the pitcher and run your mouth (Carlos Gomez) is bush. I agree there. But Puig didn't show up the pitcher when he celebrated a home run...err...triple. Don't want him to celebrate, fine. Keep him off the bases.

Like I said I will bow out. You have your opinion and I have mine. Anytime a player does something like that, they are showing up the pitcher. Just ask those guys who are throwing to them. David Price had a few things to see about David Ortiz' homerun he hit off of him.

We are never going to see eye to eye. As a guy who spends a lot of time watching/ following the game this is more of a recent issue in baseball and not a ton of guys do it, but there are certain guys like Puig who think it is cool to do.

Like I said I will bow out. You have your opinion and I have mine. Anytime a player does something like that, they are showing up the pitcher. Just ask those guys who are throwing to them. David Price had a few things to see about David Ortiz' homerun he hit off of him.

We are never going to see eye to eye. As a guy who spends a lot of time watching/ following the game this is more of a recent issue in baseball and not a ton of guys do it, but there are certain guys like Puig who think it is cool to do.

When a pitcher complains that a hitter is being mean after a big hit, is that the pitcher showing up the hitter? If a pitcher doesn't want to be shown up, get the guy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back