Products that exceeded your expectations or you can't do without

Bennet00

Reaction score
Handicap
????
I have gotten a few great gift ideas from asking this question in other places. What product have you bought that exceeded your expectations, or that you enjoyed so much you now consider it essential. Doesn't necessarily have to be golf related, but that is good too!

Here are a few of mine....

Moleskin notebooks
Salomon Quest 4D GTX Boots
Patagonia M's Fjord Flannel Shirts
Kurt Kinetic RocknRoll bike trainer
My Toyota Tacoma

1) Clicgear cart
2) Callaway golf apparel
3) Redwing work boots
4) Bushnell rangefinder

1) Clicgear cart
2) Puma Tech shorts
3) FootJoy rain jacket
4) Bushnell rangefinder

My iPod. I suppose that's a bit dated now with phones that have 64GB+ storage, but I got my first iPod as a gift in 2004 and didn't think it was going to be all that big of a deal. I don't think I've listened to the radio since, I'm now on my second one and that thing goes with me everywhere.

I can totally relate to this one.... Ipod definitely makes the list.
My iPod. I suppose that's a bit dated now with phones that have 64GB+ storage, but I got my first iPod as a gift in 2004 and didn't think it was going to be all that big of a deal. I don't think I've listened to the radio since, I'm now on my second one and that thing goes with me everywhere.

I have a pair as well. In fact I just had them resoled. I think they are 8 years old now.....

Some of the best boots and shoes I have ever worn. Well worth the money.

My 1993 Toyota pickup 4x4 that I bought new. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Other than the normal tires, tune ups, oil changes the only other costs was a clutch(at 180k miles), two sets of front brake pads, and a timing chain. Sold it to my best friend with 225k miles about 7 yrs ago and its still going strong.

My Seemore SB1, Magnepan 1.7 speakers, and Skilogik Front Burners have all exceeded my expectations and certainly the last two I couldn't live without.

97b74a3dc96296d1a80623f7f597ff46.jpg
370142_370142_1
sl01magneplanar-1.7-600.jpg

Last edited:
Northface coats; doesn't matter how cold, wet or windy it gets - I stay warm

Another vote for iPod; it has pretty much unlimited storage

My iMac. It's the exact opposite experience I had with a PC. It never crashes, internet is fast and it does everything I need it to.

Nike dri fit golf pants. The most comfortable pants I own. I could have infinity pairs of them.

Golf cradle - no lie, thought this was a weird thing when I won it off of twitter, but now that I'm using it ... I love it!

Greensaver "divot tool" (pitch mark repair).

Garsen putter grips

Footjoy PureTouch gloves. A bit pricey, but worth every cent. They feel fantastic and hold up to wear really well.
Clickgear push cart.
My THP valuables bag, given to me by my team captain at the Morgan Cup. Use that thing every round and love it (thanks Ryan!)
My chimney starter for my charcoal grill. Why I didn't buy one of those years ago, I'll never know.
Every Mac I own

Ninja Blender...seriously

Recently, my Toro snow blower

Dr Martin work boots
Epoch tees
Yaquin vacuum tube amp

Interesting topic...

- iPod: I know some don't like them or don't like dealing with iTunes, but it is the standard other players will be measured by
- G5 iMac: Yeah, I like Apple products, but it's hard to argue with a product that I bought used in 2006 and is still up-and-running, today.
- MacBook Pro: Purchased new in Jan 2010. Still going strong after moving to a SSD 2 years ago.
- (lest everything be Apple) Samsung Note Pro 12.2: I really like my old iPad (daughter's now), but I love the Note Pro.
- Mizuno Wave Rider running shoes: After a leg/ankle surgery in 2002, I could not find a pair of running shoes that "felt" right, until I tried the Wave Rider 15. Have almost worn-out my 2nd pair of those, so will be getting the 18s very soon.
- Ikea Mattress: Back injury late summer of '13 took me out of golf and other activities. Physical therapy and core strengthening made a huge difference, but sleeping comfort was still a problem. Who would have thought an Ikea mattress would solve my sleeping woes?

Footjoy PureTouch gloves. A bit pricey, but worth every cent. They feel fantastic and hold up to wear really well.
Clickgear push cart.
My THP valuables bag, given to me by my team captain at the Morgan Cup. Use that thing every round and love it (thanks Ryan!)
My chimney starter for my charcoal grill. Why I didn't buy one of those years ago, I'll never know.
Every Mac I own

Clic Gear
Def my My chimney starter for my charcoal grill as well. No lighter fluid ever needed now
Yards sprinkler system, cant imagine having to manually do it nowadays

1) Milwaukee M12 Drill/Driver and Impact
2) Scotty Cameron Cali Fastback
3) Epoch Tees
4) Footjoy Rain Jacket
5) Joy Mangano My Little Steamer

iPod Classic
Rice cooker
Rangefinder

TV remote control.

Back