2014 Ultimate Club Testing - TaylorMade Golf & THP

Staring at the TM Japan site, looking at the specs, counting down the days!

I did that a couple days ago, trying to figure out which gap wedge to bring with me, since the lofts are quite a bit different than my current bag.

It's currently 1° here. Howey in the Hills sounds amazing right now
18 just outside of Chicago. Looking forward to a balmy -6F night tonight. Anywhere south of Carbondale sounds good about now.

Staring at the TM Japan site, looking at the specs, counting down the days!
Me too, dude. So many thoughts going through my head about these irons and their specs. It's cray.

Another golf forum is there now. Looks like you are in for an awesome experience. Hank Haney is giving lessons to all the participants and has stayed engaged all week.

Another golf forum is there now. Looks like you are in for an awesome experience. Hank Haney is giving lessons to all the participants and has stayed engaged all week.

Did u post this in the right place?

Those MBs are kind of scary. I would need to hit those long and mid irons just to see if I can get good enough results to have an iota of confidence with them.

If Scary means concentrating and putting a solid swing on the ball then I'm in.

Why you hating on the CB's lol

No hate man! I'd love to swing them as well. I just have an eye for things that are difficult and punishing.

If Scary means concentrating and putting a solid swing on the ball then I'm in.

Don't get me wrong. I know what you're saying. But I've heard that before. I have never been able to concentrate enough to make perfect contact.

I just see funny colors and get a headache.

Don't get me wrong. I know what you're saying. But I've heard that before. I have never been able to concentrate enough to make perfect contact.

I thought the same thing till handed a MB at my last fitting to "humor" my coach and saw the same numbers out of them as their entry players irons.

Maybe it was just a fluke day but I know my concentration in the swing was more intense then than ever swing them since there was little room for error.

Blades are easy to hit.

We are officially on deck!

Last edited:
Did u post this in the right place?

Sorry, maybe so. They are at TaylorMade at Tiburon in Naples this whole week at Ritz Carlton, testing JetSpeeds and other new TM equipment (irons too, I think), lessons with Haney, golf with Staff, dinners, etc.

They are at TaylorMade this whole week, testing JetSpeeds and other new TM equipment, lessons with Haney, golf with Staff, dinners, etc.

Cool, this thread is primarily for THP's involvement in the Ultimate Club Testing with Taylormade and the new irons in just about 4 weeks

Sorry, maybe so. They are at TaylorMade at Tiburon in Naples this whole week at Ritz Carlton, testing JetSpeeds and other new TM equipment (irons too, I think), lessons with Haney, golf with Staff, dinners, etc.

We really dont follow what other places do, but this event (like all of our 15 events), which was planned entirely by THP, is very different from that.

We are officially on deck!

Yesssss! Beginning to get that tingling feeling of anticipation. I was just talking to wifey about driving vs. flying. She doesn't like it when I drive any great distance. I had to explain to her that there were so many awesome THP events next year that I needed to save my frequent flyer miles for the truly "away" events. She just gave me that look.....no not that one; the look of understanding, as she always does when it comes to THP events. Love that woman!

Yesssss! Beginning to get that tingling feeling of anticipation. I was just talking to wifey about driving vs. flying. She doesn't like it when I drive any great distance. I had to explain to her that there were so many awesome THP events next year that I needed to save my frequent flyer miles for the truly "away" events. She just gave me that look.....no not that one; the look of understanding, as she always does when it comes to THP events. Love that woman!

Me too, can't wait for this to get here, bring on the sunshine and warm weather!

You are truly blessed with a good wife Ken! I'm in the same boat except mine always insists on going with me to golf :D.

Well. I'm paid up. It's official. I'm going to ruin a resort course is Howey in the Hills

Well. I'm paid up. It's official. I'm going to ruin a resort course is Howey in the Hills

Same here. Looking forward to the event!

I will be paid in full next week. It's going to be a blast.

4 more weeks

p.php

I will be paid in full next week. It's going to be a blast.

Glad you are going to get out of NC to play some good golf. We have to get together and get a round in after you get your new sticks.

Back