I have wayyy too many R1 v2s!

Nice, at one point I had 4 amp cell drivers. Was buying different ones with different shafts to try out.
Back down to one head and three shafts.

Hook me up with that stack of cash anytime you like there bud. Wow.
I'm not entirely sure where you read that this was an advice thread, but since it seems to concern you so greatly, you should know I am taking lessons, and I don't need to sell the heads to pay for them.

I purchased the heads on whims and it got a little out of hand.... It was a bit silly really.

Any other personal information you require, or does this suffice?

Thumb typed..... Tapatalk

I have a question to bring this back on topic. Are you a golfer that likes to have equipment from the latest line? Or are you a guy that finds something and sticks with it?

I'm not entirely sure where you read that this was an advice thread, but since it seems to concern you so greatly, you should know I am taking lessons, and I don't need to sell the heads to pay for them.

I purchased the heads on whims and it got a little out of hand.... It was a bit silly really.

Any other personal information you require, or does this suffice?

Just voiced my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. It's just silly to have so many driver heads that are all around the same specifications. But hey, it's your money, go spend it on whatever you want.

Just voiced my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. It's just silly to have so many driver heads that are all around the same specifications. But hey, it's your money, go spend it on whatever you want.

Lots of things are silly, like collecting head covers, ball marker chips, any number of golf related things or non golf related things. I know plenty of people who buy multiples, I have 2 of the exact same putter, just in case one gets stolen, I break it for some reason, etc. Thinking of buying another R11s 3w, as I like mine so much I think I want another just in case. To each their own.

I did for some reason buy 2 Never Compromise Dinero Tycoon putters that were exactly alike. Then I discovered SeeMore and sold both and bought a mFGP CS and a One CS is what proved to be an even dollar swap out. Also bought 2 2012 Cleveland Classic 290 drivers but one was 9* and the other 10.5* with different shafts in each. Ended up putting the 10.5* head on the shaft in the 9* club and sold the 9* head and shaft that came out of the 10.5* head.

I have a question to bring this back on topic. Are you a golfer that likes to have equipment from the latest line? Or are you a guy that finds something and sticks with it?

I am very much the guy who finds something and sticks with it. The main reason all of these are sitting on my desk is because the v2s seem to be hard(er) to find, and I'd like to continue to use this model for years to come....

But on that note, I don't have any intention of keeping all 5 (in fact I listed a black one on the marketplace a few weeks back.) It just happened in a way that I got a little out of control, and couldn't hold back when I found one that was close to what I was looking for.

I've gone through way too many iterations of the Cleveland Classic but it pales in comparison to what you have there. That's a heck of a collection, dude. In the words of Ron Burgundy, "Don't act like you're not impressed."

That is one hell of a collection I thought that i had a lot of R11s when i had 3 (2 retail and one V2)

I figure if it makes a guy happy to have 77 heads than good on him. I have 5 shafts for the same club and can only use one at a time.
That's a nice collection for sure!

Feel free to send one my way haha

Never multiple things of same item, but I tend to collect multiple sets of stuff in excess
have 5 sets of irons
taylormade burner 2.0
taylormade rocket bladez
Callaway diablo forged
callaway x hot pro
titleist 714 ap2
not to mention countless other clubs

Never multiple things of same item, but I tend to collect multiple sets of stuff in excess
have 5 sets of irons
taylormade burner 2.0
taylormade rocket bladez
Callaway diablo forged
callaway x hot pro
titleist 714 ap2
not to mention countless other clubs

I also have multiple sets of irons. A lot of them were acquired in trades, and now my office looks like I run a golf shop.

wow those are a lot of heads for the same driver, I mean you will never use a driver so much that it's going to break, let alone 5 times, plus isn't the v2 head harder to hit as it is smaller?

wow those are a lot of heads for the same driver, I mean you will never use a driver so much that it's going to break, let alone 5 times, plus isn't the v2 head harder to hit as it is smaller?

Depends who you are I guess. I have much much more control with the v2 than I ever had with the v1.

I would love to have v2 head, but certainly don't have the cheese for one, let alone 5 of them. But good on you for finding a head you like and that works.

You say that, but in my short golf career (almost 5 years) I have cracked 3 driver heads. 2 on the face, and one down the crown. I never hit off the deck, don't throw clubs or slam them on the ground. All from just hitting golf balls. 3 driver heads in 5 years...

You say that, but in my short golf career (almost 5 years) I have cracked 3 driver heads. 2 on the face, and one down the crown. I never hit off the deck, don't throw clubs or slam them on the ground. All from just hitting golf balls. 3 driver heads in 5 years...

That's pretty crazy. The 2nd head I purchased was entirely because I didn't like the amount of wear I was getting on the bottom of the face (due to lessons I was going through a swing change and was hitting A LOT of balls.)
I was never worried about a crack. I just wanted to have the head that I love like new when my game improves even more.

That's pretty crazy. The 2nd head I purchased was entirely because I didn't like the amount of wear I was getting on the bottom of the face (due to lessons I was going through a swing change and was hitting A LOT of balls.)
I was never worried about a crack. I just wanted to have the head that I love like new when my game improves even more.

Nothing wrong with that. If I was smart, I would have back-up driver heads of the ones that have worked for me in the past!

now I suddenly need a v2 head or two. I love my v1 but have been wanting to hit the v2. If there are people who love it enough to buy 5 of them, I at least owe it to myself to get one :D

Screw it, I'll be that guy.....if your cap is really 20.2, might want to sell a couple of those heads ASAP and get a set of lessons. Then get fitted for a new driver in 6 months after your lessons.

I kind of stand on the ary's side, I think 5 heads are an exaggeration. And not to be "the other guy" the clubs in your signature appear way too hard to hit by someone with a 20 handicap.

I kind of stand on the ary's side, I think 5 heads are an exaggeration. And not to be "the other guy" the clubs in your signature appear way too hard to hit by someone with a 20 handicap.

So you believe everything that you read? I can tell you that my game improved when I began hitting forged irons.

To each his own, I guess.

But then again, based on what I know about you from your post, I'd say at 15 you should probably give up golf altogether, because it's just going to be a long, expensive road to failure.

Obviously, I'm being facetious. But I do hope I am making my point. The reason for this thread was to say that I was being ridiculous because I lost all self control. Not to open up to criticism about what you think I should or should not be playing. That just opens up a whole new can of worms.

So you believe everything that you read? I can tell you that my game improved when I began hitting forged irons.

To each his own, I guess.

But then again, based on what I know about you from your post, I'd say at 15 you should probably give up golf altogether, because it's just going to be a long, expensive road to failure.

Obviously, I'm being facetious. But I do hope I am making my point. The reason for this thread was to say that I was being ridiculous because I lost all self control. Not to open up to criticism about what you think I should or should not be playing. That just opens up a whole new can of worms.

No worries man it seems like you take stuff too seriously, you created this thread and everyone can give their opinion.

Plus mine is an official EGA handicap gained in competition, go look up how it works before commenting.

Tapping from my IPhone

No worries man it seems like you take stuff too seriously, you created this thread and everyone can give their opinion.

Plus mine is an official EGA handicap gained in competition, go look up how it works before commenting.

Tapping from my IPhone

I didn't comment on your handicap, nor do I care what it is. Please keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

Back