Birdieball Putting Greens

Grins...that green is AWESOME!

Thanks! I liked Bullfrog's setup - but don't know if building a raised platform will be worth it in the long run.

My setup for the winter. My Callaway net will go just to the right of the green near the chair. My "man cave."

I got the 3' x 13.5' one, got an extra 30% off from John on Twitter, also got a dozen birdie balls. $85 for the whole thing. Incredible deal

apa9u7yq.jpg

Nice looking set-up Brad! Is this a basement? I also got the 30% off & dozen birdie balls too - too good to pass up. I almost wish I would've gone 13.5' - but practicing those long ones is so much fun!

I finally got to set mine up today! I ordered when they had the upgrade deal (got next size up free) - I thought I was getting 4x17 but it measures almost 18'!

Man - 4x18 is pretty long! Now I'm trying to decide if I should build a platform (it would hve to be in 3 sections minimum) - but then I'd need to have an extra platform for standing off to the side on some putts. I guess it would be nice to hear the putt drop, and I know I've already hit some that rolled right through the cup area.

I love the way it rolls - like GolfFest, I thought it was really fast too. I also ordered the dual-stimp option - I haven't rolled it enough to see a huge difference.
green1_zps6599e2ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks good!

Does the ball roll ok on these if the green is layed on carpet or does it need to be on a hard surface?

It feels a little soft underfoot on carpet (I don't have a choice right now though). Also, mine has a little break to it - but I assume it's because the floor itself is uneven). But the ball rolls well. The only thing that really jumped out at me is the sound the ball makes when it rolls - it's louder than on grass or carpet, but not in a bad way - just unique; to me it sounds like the ball has a tiny motor in it! At least that's what I'm imagining - then I see them driving themselves into the hole lol!

My setup for the winter. My Callaway net will go just to the right of the green near the chair. My "man cave."

I got the 3' x 13.5' one, got an extra 30% off from John on Twitter, also got a dozen birdie balls. $85 for the whole thing. Incredible deal

apa9u7yq.jpg

Sweet set up Brad! I like it....Very nice!

Finally home from Christmas. Going to set mine up today and will post picture later. Can't wait...

I have had mine a few months now and it is still rolling perfect. What a great buy, and they make sizes that will fit in tiny apartments like mine or giant basements. So awesome

I just got mine for Christmas and had it set up at my parents' while I was up there. The end that was rolled up in the center still had some issues getting flat between the hole and the edge. Hoping to straighten that out eventually.

I just got mine for Christmas and had it set up at my parents' while I was up there. The end that was rolled up in the center still had some issues getting flat between the hole and the edge. Hoping to straighten that out eventually.

The only real issue is that the cup is usually a tad too big for the hole and a little tall, so it'll tend to mound away from the hole if the ball is moving slow when it gets to the cup. Have to hit it a tad bit firmer, but that's a good thing.

Just got mine out of the box. I didn't get any directions. I got like a square with a hole in it and two small strips. Oh also a plastic strip with birdieball logos on it. Any idea what that stuff is for.

The plastic strip goes on the end and is a bumper of sorts to keep the golf balls on the green. You have to bend it and slide it under the rubber edging.

ahyva8uz.jpg
Got my 18x4 birdieball green all setup.

Brushing against the grain helped to slow it down a touch. It still feels a little fast, I think the slower version would have been perfect.

Brushing against the grain helped to slow it down a touch. It still feels a little fast, I think the slower version would have been perfect.

So if you brush it with a broom the opposite way it'll slow down.

I agree, I got the medium stimp and the ball rolled pretty fast. Kinda makes preparing for my local course a bit mute.

So if you brush it with a broom the opposite way it'll slow down.

If you brush against the grain it will cause the fibers to stand up more and slow down the speed; if you brush with the grain it will cause them to lie down and speed it up. I can't remember which way the grain flows, but I know you can sweep it to change how the green reacts.

If you brush against the grain it will cause the fibers to stand up more and slow down the speed; if you brush with the grain it will cause them to lie down and speed it up. I can't remember which way the grain flows, but I know you can sweep it to change how the green reacts.

Will have to give this a try. Thanks for the tip.

Cook thanks for the tip Ryan

I wonder how that works with the dual-stimp option. I'll have to contact them & ask. As far as green speed goes, it compares well to the fast greens we played on last year, but it's definitely faster than the average muni course.

ahyva8uz.jpg
Got my 18x4 birdieball green all setup.

I'm surprised that there are not holes in both ends - or am I just not seeing it? My 18' has 2 on one end & one on the other end

I'm surprised that there are not holes in both ends - or am I just not seeing it? My 18' has 2 on one end & one on the other end

He probably doesn't have dual stimp

It came with with three on one end and none on the other end. Might put one down there to.

One thing I do really like is the ability to put the small ring inside the hole to make the target smaller. I've been practicing with this, and now it seems almost normal. I can only imagine how big the cup will look on the course if I keep practicing this way!

I've almost got the humps out of mine. I spent about 30 minutes on it yesterday and really like it. I think it helped me out on the course today by getting in some putting practice that I normally wouldnt.

Im going to get one of these. Gotta work on my putting during winter. But whats up with the plastic ball thing. Do they go far? Id like to try it in my backyard but Im afraid to crank it and hit the neighbors house!

Im going to get one of these. Gotta work on my putting during winter. But whats up with the plastic ball thing. Do they go far? Id like to try it in my backyard but Im afraid to crank it and hit the neighbors house!

Good decision on the green, your putting will improve dramatically. The plastic birdie balls travel about 40 yds (according to the website, and I've verified they go about that far). I've gone full swing PW with mine and it went about 75 ft. I'd start with your shorter clubs and work your way up just to verify before breaking a window or something.

Back