The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just watching some highlights from the games last night.

Regarding the Alabama vs MS game. On the kickoff where Christion Jones forced a fumble after no gain and basically hit the MS player at the same time he touched the ball. Would've been a great play and a monster hit, but can anybody here explain to me how the h*ll he got away with that? There was an official standing right behind them and what he did to that kid was the very definition of targeting. A full head of steam, he lowered his head and drilled that kid square in the middle of his facemask.

I'm no fan of the targeting rule in most instances, but if they are going to have it in place then that was a poster opportunity for what targeting looks like. Defenseless player + player smashes him while leading with helmet. And it was definitely the most brutal one I've seen all year.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I agree with you Colt. I didn't see it slow enough to know for sure where the hit was, but even as a fan I was expecting the flag.

I agree with you Colt. I didn't see it slow enough to know for sure where the hit was, but even as a fan I was expecting the flag.

Yeah. And this wasn't a poke at Bama, to be clear. I can understand he was playing in the heat of the moment. Not saying it made him a "dirty" player. Was just calling out the refs on that one.

Last edited:
Do Tx fans really think Saban is a possibility?
Sure it's possible and a lot of us would like your coach. You can keep his wife

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do Tx fans really think Saban is a possibility?
Sure it's possible and a lot of us would like your coach. You can keep his wife

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is the daughter a push?

I was referring to Gus Malzahn as being coveted by Texas fans. Much better chance with him than Saban but who knows.
We definitely need to get this hire right.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I was referring to Gus Malzahn as being coveted by Texas fans. Much better chance with him than Saban but who knows.

Don't even bring that nonsense in here! haha

I was actually wondering about that myself, he is hot as a pistol ball right now and UT certainly has the resources to turn his head.

I was actually wondering about that myself, he is hot as a pistol ball right now and UT certainly has the resources to turn his head.

I don't know that the HUNH is what Texas is looking for, but I sure hope its not. I would like to keep Gus.

Auburn has been a great source of coaches for us and I thank you. Lol.

The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

I don't know that the HUNH is what Texas is looking for, but I sure hope its not. I would like to keep Gus.

And after this season, I'm sure we could match any $ amount UT throws out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And after this season, I'm sure we could match and $ amount UT throws out there.

I bet AU throws a nice pay raise his way this year, but I bet Texas would outbid us if he was THE guy they wanted, but I don't think he will be.

Uh no?

I'm pretty sure Texas is the richest program in college.

I'd be really surprised if AU let him walk bc they got outbid. They would find a way after the way 2012 went down. He could leave bc it's Texas, but I REALLY hope that doesn't happen.

I bet AU throws a nice pay raise his way this year, but I bet Texas would outbid us if he was THE guy they wanted, but I don't think he will be.

I agree, I don't think they are looking at that particular Alabama school right now.

I'd be really surprised if AU let him walk bc they got outbid. They would find a way after the way 2012 went down. He could leave bc it's Texas, but I REALLY hope that doesn't happen.

That's it, it's Texas. Game over if they come calling.

Let's keep the Saban talk up. I can't handle this Gus stuff being thrown around. My heart's had enough over the past 24 hours.

What time do they release the bcs standings?

I'm not so sure that is true, but it's certainly a possibility

In regards to Texas and who their three top choices are, a well connected friend of mine has mentioned three names on their list; Saban, Briles & Urban Meyer.

Ohio St. barely hanging on to #3! .001 difference between them and Baylor. Auburn up to #6!

In regards to Texas and who their three top choices are, a well connected friend of mine has mentioned three names on their list; Saban, Briles & Urban Meyer.

That is more in line with what I expected. I think getting left out of the National championship game could get them Urban.

That is more in line with what I expected. I think getting left out of the National championship game could get them Urban.
I just dont see Texas dumping all their money in to Malzahn, with only less than 2 years as a Head Coach. No doubt he is a great Coach, and I am loving him at Auburn, but I just believe Texas wants to go after a "big" name.

Looking at just the Computer rankings of the Top 25, kind of surprised to see Auburn with an average ranking of #3.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back