Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to throw this idea out there for feedback.......................Since we're only a few months out from the season starting again,
I thought that we could discuss an agenda for the "Thruway Tour" so that time constraints would not be an issue for travellers and self-employed that have to plan appointments far in the future. I'm sure we all want everyone possible to join in all outings. I'm not very good at organizing but with the multitude of great minds here it could be done with little issues involved. The reason I thought this would be good is our involvement in other commitments such as THP events,golf leagues and charity events.

Just going to throw this idea out there for feedback.......................Since we're only a few months out from the season starting again,
I thought that we could discuss an agenda for the "Thruway Tour" so that time constraints would not be an issue for travellers and self-employed that have to plan appointments far in the future. I'm sure we all want everyone possible to join in all outings. I'm not very good at organizing but with the multitude of great minds here it could be done with little issues involved. The reason I thought this would be good is our involvement in other commitments such as THP events,golf leagues and charity events.

Allan - completely agree with you about trying to organize anything right now for our New York get togethers. Official THP events, NYSGA events, Country Club events should take a priority and I think we can schedule any get togethers around them. Once events/tournaments for 2014 are posted, we will have a better idea of what we are looking at.

In terms of organizing, I think we should let the people in that area (Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Syracuse, etc) pick the course (or course choices to choose from) and organize accordingly.

I like both ideas boys. I gotta side with Aaron tho for right now. I think waiting to see the full 2014 official THP calendar, NYSGA calendar, as well as local tournaments for whoever belongs to country clubs is the best idea. I would hate for us to plan an event and then have half of us going away for an official THP event. Just my .02. But once everything is out there planning ahead is a great plan.

I'm the opposite of Allan...I don't plan anything. Have clubs, will travel, ha. I do think waiting for the full THP Event Schedule to be released makes sense, as I think that could potentially affect the majority of us. And when it comes to the Albany stop, I'll gladly volunteer to set things up.

Edit: I'll also throw my hat in the mix if we EVER decide to do a Turning Stone trip.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Wait for scheduling to come out and work around them.........good brains at work. Thanks guys!

Great ideas from all. Allan, thanks for initiating the discussion. I will definitely need plenty of advanced notice to attend these going forward after the big day tomorrow. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!

Great ideas from all. Allan, thanks for initiating the discussion. I will definitely need plenty of advanced notice to attend these going forward after the big day tomorrow. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!

Bet ya can't wait! Make sure you post some pictures!

I have that Bill Cosby song stuck in my head right now, "Push 'em out, shove 'em out, waaaaayyy out! :alien:

Good luck and can't wait to see pictures!

I have that Bill Cosby song stuck in my head right now, "Push 'em out, shove 'em out, waaaaayyy out! :alien:

Good luck and can't wait to see pictures!

Lol! Took me a second to remember what you were talking about. At least I won't have to try to put the stem on the apple :)

If this is what I think it is, best of luck Andy!

Happy and healthy are the two key words here.

Best of luck to both of you!

I agree with Jim! Everyone will be happy and healthy and as Allan says lets see some pictures!! Good luck buddy!

good luck andy to you and your wife!!! if your lucky like me one of them will grow up and like golf. lots of quality time w/ son/daughter on the golf course is priceless!!!!!

I am even willing to take vacation days to play the thru-way series if we have to due weekdays!!!!

I am even willing to take vacation days to play the thru-way series if we have to due weekdays!!!!

You and I both pop. We gotta get you to an official THP event this year. Road trip to either Ocean City Maryland or Indianapolis for sure. We'll make a weekend out of it.

You and I both pop. We gotta get you to an official THP event this year. Road trip to either Ocean City Maryland or Indianapolis for sure. We'll make a weekend out of it.

If Maddog doesn't play in a THP event, he has to wear a Miss Kitty towel on his bag until he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Maddog doesn't play in a THP event, he has to wear a Miss Kitty towel on his bag until he does.

I'll gladly buy one and put it on his bag until he plays in one!!

I'll gladly buy one and put it on his bag until he plays in one!!

Buy one and it should be good incentive for him. :)

ocean city maryland sounds great!!!!!1 get the dates and and i am in!!!!! no "Hello Kitty" for this guy!!!!

ocean city maryland sounds great!!!!!1 get the dates and and i am in!!!!! no "Hello Kitty" for this guy!!!!

Look at that!! Peer pressure still works at the age of 55. :)

Boy! You guys are testy in the morning! Hey,I've been to Ocean City and would love to go back there.Courses are very challenging cuz you're in between the ocean and bay............20-25 mph wind constantly! Snakes too(big ones)

Boy! You guys are testy in the morning! Hey,I've been to Ocean City and would love to go back there.Courses are very challenging cuz you're in between the ocean and bay............20-25 mph wind constantly! Snakes too(big ones)

Sounds like we have an entourage that may go. What are you thinking about Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back