Meet Your Captains - 2014 Ultimate Golf Event Period - The Morgan Cup

Perfect choice for a Captain. Congratulations Dan, I'm super happy for you dude!

I've been pretty overwhelmed by the decision. For me, this past year has been a blur. Getting the opportunity to play in the Morgan Cup was something that meant so much to me. I believe this event is something special. It is unexplainable, and it pushed me to heights I never thought I could achieve on the golf course.

It also united me with some amazing people. Industry folks who were beyond gracious to us, teammates who I built unbreakable bonds with, and opponents that gave me memories for a lifetime. These are all moments that made me realize what the Morgan Cup is to ME. The mythical beast of Canadan golf happiness. I had to... I absolutely NEEDED to be involved again.

When I spoke with JB yesterday, my heart was racing. He's become a friend through the events I've been able to attend, and I hope he got a real sense of my excitement. Knowing the other four captains first hand is also special. I am very excited to build that bond and go to battle with them. Already having communicated a bit, I know it's going to be an experience I'll cherish, both for the humour, the friendship, and the great competition they will lay out in front of me.

As a captain, I want victory. Team Albatross had an opportunity to win down the stretch last year, and I seek to improve on that this year. Named after the Albatross Club, I always felt like this was the 'peoples' team. I also seek to make sure the forum consistently feels like my team of seven additional members are making the most of the event, and I will be pushing them every step of the way to not only better their golf games, but better their forum presence for the amazing people who watch this event and make it possible. I have a strong understanding that these positions are deeply sought after by many people, and I will never take that lightly.

So here I sit, still shaking, still a bit in shock. Josh, Morgan, if I could only put into words what this means to me.. Rather, I'll try and show it by my efforts over the coming months -- But please understand that this amazing place does so many good things for so many people, and I am deeply grateful for that. Thank you both so much.

Team Albatross baby. We're BACK.

Congratulations, Dan. Don't think there could have been a better selection for Captain of Team Albatross. Well-deserved and I am looking forward to meeting you in July.

Congratulations Dan. I am now oficially pulling for team Canada(n)!

Congrats Dan. Another stellar choice

Congrats Dan!

Dan is one of the people I thought was a shoe in for captaincy, it is great to see it happen. Let's see if the other person I pegged as a shoe in becomes his assistant...

Holy crap just saw this! Dan you are gonna kill it!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Congrats Dan. An excellent choice for the 5th captain!

I absolutely love seeing team albatross back again. Super excited to see that yellow back up there.

Congrats Canadan! Represent Ohio well (I know you will)!

Dan, I am extremely excited for you. I would be honored to be a member of your team bro!

Dan, after meeting you for just a short time in Las Vegas I have to say what a great choice. Also after watching your swing on the MC2013 videos all I have to say ...Its pretty , its so pretty!

Yessir Dan!! Proud of you. Totally deserving.

So awesome. This is going to be so EPIC! Congrats Canadan!

Congratulations Daniel-san!!! I cannot think of a more deserving THPer to captain a team at the 2014 MC. Serious game and a hell of a dude!

Congrats Dan, well deserved! The other teams have been served notice!

Dude you are a freaking stud! Of course we are pumped!

Congrats Dan! One thing I have noticed about Dan at these events is that he befriends EVERYONE. He makes sure he goes out of his way to make sure everyone feels welcome. I had never met Dan before the Ohio outing in 2012 and he came out to watch my group finish the last couple holes. He could have waited in the clubhouse to say hey, but he came out to watch us. He totally deserves this opportunity and I know he will be a great captain. However, I still stand behind Team THP...sorry bro! haha

Congrats My friend! I'm so excited for you to have the opportunity to lead a team into the Morgan Cup

Congrats Dan!, some great leaders are chosen this year!

I've been pretty overwhelmed by the decision. For me, this past year has been a blur. Getting the opportunity to play in the Morgan Cup was something that meant so much to me. I believe this event is something special. It is unexplainable, and it pushed me to heights I never thought I could achieve on the golf course.

It also united me with some amazing people. Industry folks who were beyond gracious to us, teammates who I built unbreakable bonds with, and opponents that gave me memories for a lifetime. These are all moments that made me realize what the Morgan Cup is to ME. The mythical beast of Canadan golf happiness. I had to... I absolutely NEEDED to be involved again.

When I spoke with JB yesterday, my heart was racing. He's become a friend through the events I've been able to attend, and I hope he got a real sense of my excitement. Knowing the other four captains first hand is also special. I am very excited to build that bond and go to battle with them. Already having communicated a bit, I know it's going to be an experience I'll cherish, both for the humour, the friendship, and the great competition they will lay out in front of me.

As a captain, I want victory. Team Albatross had an opportunity to win down the stretch last year, and I seek to improve on that this year. Named after the Albatross Club, I always felt like this was the 'peoples' team. I also seek to make sure the forum consistently feels like my team of seven additional members are making the most of the event, and I will be pushing them every step of the way to not only better their golf games, but better their forum presence for the amazing people who watch this event and make it possible. I have a strong understanding that these positions are deeply sought after by many people, and I will never take that lightly.

So here I sit, still shaking, still a bit in shock. Josh, Morgan, if I could only put into words what this means to me.. Rather, I'll try and show it by my efforts over the coming months -- But please understand that this amazing place does so many good things for so many people, and I am deeply grateful for that. Thank you both so much.

Team Albatross baby. We're BACK.

Congrats Dan & Team Albatross has a solid leadership foundation laid. Having interacted with Dan only via the forum, it's evident he is a class individual & I'm sure he will have Team Albatross running through walls to take home the 2014 MC... Again congrats and enjoy the ride because you deserve it.

iPhone 5 Tappin

Dan!!! My friend!! I can't say how happy I am fo you. You are one of best friends from here. Watching you live this dream last year and following it with you and seeing it come to life at MB was something i wont forget. Seeing your excitement when we went the the Chicago Invitational just confirmed for me how special this event was for you. You are very deserving on this honor Dan and you represent THP and The Morgan Cup better than anyone I know. Congratulations!

Finding out that Dan was the fifth captain made me incredibly excited. The second I found out, his phone was ringing and you could just hear the excitement in his voice. Granted he probably would have had a much more enjoyable Morgan Cup experience being on Team Dot Com, he's going to have a great time leading Team Albatross to battle.

His future teammates should be excited to be lead by him and lean off of his experiences from last year. Just ignore it though when random u's start showing up in common words etc.

Congratulations DanielSan

Congrats Canadan! The smoothest swing I've ever seen is returning to Myrtle Beach as a MC Team Albatross captain! How cool is that. You need to learn how to it lower though ;) Kidding...I'd give anything to have your swing. You'll be a great captain!

Back