I need flatstick help

cwmonroe87

Cherub Face Assassin
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I don't know what to do and looking for some advice. I'm wondering if it would be worth my while to pay for a putter fitting? My problem is I'm completely lost on where I should even begin. Should I be playing a center shafted putter? Should I have weights here and how much. I honestly have no clue and my game is suffering from it. I have have seem to lost my confidence in my putter but I think it comes from I haven't found a putter that feels good to me. I have spent hours at the store rolling putters but just haven't found the one yet.

I know a lot of folks suggest a putter fitting, but not sure if you should do that before getting a lesson or not. Personally, I've been reading Dave pelz's putting bible and picking up a lot of good insights for my own stroke.

I know a lot of folks suggest a putter fitting, but not sure if you should do that before getting a lesson or not. Personally, I've been reading Dave pelz's putting bible and picking up a lot of good insights for my own stroke.
im not the type where I can read a book on a putting stroke and be able to pick it up so a book is out of the question lol. I have had lessons before my I'm starting to think my putter just dosent fit my putting stroke. That's where I believe I need the help.

im not the type where I can read a book on a putting stroke and be able to pick it up so a book is out of the question lol. I have had lessons before my I'm starting to think my putter just dosent fit my putting stroke. That's where I believe I need the help.

Im with you brother. The book thing just does not work for me. You have some options for both lessons and fitting. Heck, you have Pat O'Brien in the state that is a pretty good putting instructor and fitter.

I'm at the point where I don't know what to do and looking for some advice. I'm wondering if it would be worth my while to pay for a putter fitting? My problem is I'm completely lost on where I should even begin. Should I be playing a center shafted putter? Should I have weights here and how much. I honestly have no clue and my game is suffering from it. I have have seem to lost my confidence in my putter but I think it comes from I haven't found a putter that feels good to me. I have spent hours at the store rolling putters but just haven't found the one yet.

Let's hook up. I have a solid dozen or so putters that I can bring out for you to try.

Need to get you a few clubs anyways.

I'd go with a lesson and followed with a fitting. BUT, fitting a putter is a tricky business...to me putting is all about feel and confidence, technique plays a smaller part, so you have to FEEL good and CONFIDENT with the putter you choose, even if it would contradict the result of a fitting.

Let's hook up. I have a solid dozen or so putters that I can bring out for you to try.

Need to get you a few clubs anyways.
sounds good I'm like a lost puppy right now lol

I'd go with a lesson and followed with a fitting. BUT, fitting a putter is a tricky business...to me putting is all about feel and confidence, technique plays a smaller part, so you have to FEEL good and CONFIDENT with the putter you choose, even if it would contradict the result of a fitting.
Ya my biggest problem is I haven't found that putter yet that makes me feel great. I guess more trial and error is in my future lol.... In the mean time I'm becoming a huge putter hoe with as many as I'm collecting.

Here are some good guys that would be happy to help

[h=4]Pat O'Brien - Ambassador[/h]Lakewood Country Club

6430 Gaston Avenue

Dallas, TX 5214-4097
Tel: 214-316-5303
www.patobriengolf.com
[email protected]

[h=4]Jeff Isler[/h]Jeff Isler Golf

2835 Exchange Blvd.
STE 200
Southlake, TX 76092
Tel: (817) 488-8111
http://www.jeffislergolf.com/
[email protected]

I just had a lesson with a SeeMore fitter/instructor in my area. He asked me some questions, had me stroke some putts, then worked for about 30 min on my stroke.
Seems to be a good place to start. Not any more expensive than buying another putter and letting it collect dust.

On a related topic, is there a primer anywhere which explains the purpose or objectives for the assorted design elements of putters? Examples:

Straight shaft vs. plumbers neck vs. double bend (?)

Blade vs. big blade vs mid mallet vs. full mallet

Heel shaft vs. center shaft

I have had the same issues with putters over the years. I keep going back to my Hoylake blade, but I have tried almost every style imaginable at some point. With all of the variables with putters, a good fitting should help. Hell shafted has always worked best to me and also looks best to my eye. I always hated inserts as well, but recently they have been helping with my distance control.

Here are some good guys that would be happy to help

Pat O'Brien - Ambassador

Lakewood Country Club

6430 Gaston Avenue

Dallas, TX 5214-4097
Tel: 214-316-5303
www.patobriengolf.com
[email protected]

Jeff Isler

Jeff Isler Golf

2835 Exchange Blvd.
STE 200
Southlake, TX 76092
Tel: (817) 488-8111
http://www.jeffislergolf.com/
[email protected]

I am sending Jeff Isler a email tonight about getting in to see him after the holidays. Thanks SeeMore.
On a related topic, is there a primer anywhere which explains the purpose or objectives for the assorted design elements of putters? Examples:

I also would be interested to read this might answer some question I have bouncing around my head.

Look no further than the THP store. Putter Perfection is the opposite of Dave Pelz, short and to the point. A good read if you don't have time to study the Pelz bible. What works best for your stroke type and a lot of info on length and weight to make you think about your putter or your next putter.

One of the guys I play with a lot says " If I could only putt. " I say " If I couldn't putt I couldn't play. " Think confidence is a lot of putting, if on the green I think I've got a chance to make it. Have had most types of putters, can putt with most. All the putter can do is start the ball on the right line and the rest is speed and green reading and confidence. For my stroke a lot of toe hang has a tendency to pull left ( right handed ), face balanced maybe a push if I'm off a little. I really feel I've got the best putter made so if I have a bad putting day it's me.

There are varying opinions/thoughts on the design elements of a putter. Some use those factors to fit aim while others fit for impact. I personally support impact since that controls the direction the ball goes. The putting instructor I use approaches putting a little differently than most traditional thinkers but he has data to back up what he teaches.

Basically those elements control how fast a putter rotates, putter position relative to the path, etc. Getting those elements right will enable you to start the ball on your intended line more consistently. Want to test that theory, go to a store with multiple putters and try to putt balls over a dime using various stroke lengths. You will then see how adjusting characteristics like where the shaft intersects the head and offset will impact your stroke.

We are playing Saturday, let me know which style suits you and I'll bring a few out!

We are playing Saturday, let me know which style suits you and I'll bring a few out!
I switched it up at the range and started putting with a Seemore SI4 and was having some good results so anything in that kinda direction.

Back