Blackberry Classic

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Man how that company has fallen on some tough times

Had a Blackberry for long time up to last year. In many ways they were way ahead initially, but they were too slow to move away from keyboard.

Blackberry devices were the hot thing for a number of years, they had a good run until the touchscreen phones came out. I had a BB 8830, and was going to stay with Blackberry when the Storm (their first touchscreen phone) came out in late 2008 - until I tried it head to head against an iPhone 3GS. I had never had a touchscreen phone before that, but the Storm felt so cheap and janky compared to the iPhone that I took a bite of the Apple instead. Once the iPhones and 'Droids became prolific, it just seemed like Blackberry never made much of an effort to compete in that space.

Blackberry devices were the hot thing for a number of years, they had a good run until the touchscreen phones came out. I had a BB 8830, and was going to stay with Blackberry when the Storm (their first touchscreen phone) came out in late 2008 - until I tried it head to head against an iPhone 3GS. I had never had a touchscreen phone before that, but the Storm felt so cheap and janky compared to the iPhone that I took a bite of the Apple instead. Once the iPhones and 'Droids became prolific, it just seemed like Blackberry never made much of an effort to compete in that space.

Had the storm. The disappointment with that device was so real. Just pathetic.

Never owned one, but always wanted one when I was younger. Glad I held out for the iPhone

Had the storm. The disappointment with that device was so real. Just pathetic.
That pivoting screen was so clanky and horrible feeling, it was a huge swing and a miss for them. I really wanted to like it, but I just...couldn't.

That pivoting screen was so clanky and horrible feeling, it was a huge swing and a miss for them. I really wanted to like it, but I just...couldn't.

When one of the best apps I had downloaded was one that did a forced restart… not a good thing

...and web browsing on those little BB screens with the tiny "rollerball" mouse was a supreme exercise in aggravation. I never even opened the browser unless it was an absolute necessity because I hated the experience so much. They were good business phones for calling, checking e-mails and text messaging (the full keyboard was worlds better than struggling through the old abc123 texting on the numeric keypad!), but anything beyond that was terrible.

Blackberry. Pfft. I'm just going to bide my time and wait for the handspring to make a comeback.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had two for quite a while before switching to my first Android with a touch screen. I was a relative late comer to the smart phone era, switching from my little old flip phone around 2011 or so. I think I had a friend with a big Android in 2008. I also had friends who got the 1st gen iPhone when that came out. I had my blackberry until probably 2014 or 2015 before switching to Samsung.

Back