The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent an hour or so on the range working on full swings through the bag then another 11/2 hour in the practice bunker, chipping area and green. Felt good to get out of the house and put in some time.

Spent an hour today working on my putting today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to the local heated dome. Spent about 45 minutes hitting balls.

Was really feeling good swinging today. was making crisp contact and seeing good results. Had a few problems with the big stick. Was hitting the balls towards the heel. No biggie though, I'll get it straightened out next visit. All in all, I call today a win with hitting balls in a heated environment

Went to the local heated dome. Spent about 45 minutes hitting balls.

Was really feeling good swinging today. was making crisp contact and seeing good results. Had a few problems with the big stick. Was hitting the balls towards the heel. No biggie though, I'll get it straightened out next visit. All in all, I call today a win with hitting balls in a heated environment

Having never hit balls inside a dome or a facility like this... What is the cost like? Compared to regular ranges

Having never hit balls inside a dome or a facility like this... What is the cost like? Compared to regular ranges

Can get a little pricey but it's worth it. This one charged $11/half hour. It is all you can hit while there. This dome has nice mats, a couple target greens and its about 70 yards long.

We also have a couple heated ranges in the area as well. They are much cheaper, as you pay by the ball. The way I look at it is I would rather spend a couple more dollars to hit inside with warm balls than stand halfway outside in 10* weather beating freezing range rocks.

Definitely pros/cons to both.

Spent an hour practicing. Took some video. I'm taking the club too far inside, though it sure doesn't feel like it.

Spent an hour practicing. Took some video. I'm taking the club too far inside, though it sure doesn't feel like it.

I fight this al the time....actually hit a couple hosel rockets at ECPC with some wedges... Freaking embarrassing but I didn't hit any cars :)

Welcome to my world

I fight this al the time....actually hit a couple hosel rockets at ECPC with some wedges... Freaking embarrassing but I didn't hit any cars :)

LOL. I repressed that memory.

I've got to get some tips for how it should feel on the takeaway when I'm not sucking it inside. I just naturally want to make that move.

Spent a couple hours this afternoon at the simulator place. Overall, it was a good session. I don't know how accurate it is, but if it is close, I'm definitely on the right track. Worked on relaxing and not being so tense, and also getting more lag in my swing. Played 18 simulated holes, and did decently. Oh the joys of winter.

THP #theking #imwithchad

ugh story of my life. they eye in the sky never lies

Had a good lesson today, looking forward to hitting the range soon to build on my learning.

had an eye-opening session at the PGA SS video / launch monitor bay today. The launch monitor was having issues but the video was working fine. I'm seeing flaws in my swing that are tough to see at full speed but slow-mo and frame-by-frame sure do clear things up. I love the videos, just hate what they show me :). At least I now have a better idea of what to work on and some good info to give my coach.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if Golfsmith does lessons? And if so any experiences to share?

Does anyone know if Golfsmith does lessons? And if so any experiences to share?
Golftech is inside Golfsmith in my neck of the woods, and that's the only option they offer that I'm aware of.

Golftech is inside Golfsmith in my neck of the woods, and that's the only option they offer that I'm aware of.

Hmm I'll have to inquire there's a golftec right up the road so not sure if there would be one in there too or not

I slightly revise my earlier answer - SPI intructors are also available at the Golfsmiths in my area (not sure, but suspect the GolfTech guys are SPI instructors too).

Hmm I'll have to inquire there's a golftec right up the road so not sure if there would be one in there too or not
Interesting, I never knew GolfTech had their own facilities :).

I take it it this is part of your MC prep plan? What do you plan to work on the sessions?

Interesting, I never knew GolfTech had their own facilities :).

I take it it this is part of your MC prep plan? What do you plan to work on the sessions?

Well swing evaluation at golftec was solid pointed out 2 key things to work on (in the fix me Freddie thread) but I simply cannot afford that expense at this point in time so looking for other options. Being new to the area I'm not real familiar with the good teachers in the area

well it appears Ive stumbled upon a place right down the road from me

http://macsindoorgolf.com/index.html

Might be nice to do every now and then to stay loose in the winter, and I think theres a dome about 20 minutes away too

Seems to be decent pricing there!

I struggle with the same thing Hawk.

For me I take an alignment rod and put it just out side my ball and try to keep the club face square to that line and toe parallel to hit as long as possible. This forces me to take the club back with my shoulders instead of my hands. Also focusing on keeping my hands the same distance away from my body on the takeaway helps me out a ton.

For me I take an alignment rod and put it just out side my ball and try to keep the club face square to that line and toe parallel to hit as long as possible. This forces me to take the club back with my shoulders instead of my hands. Also focusing on keeping my hands the same distance away from my body on the takeaway helps me out a ton.
Unfortunately I'm in the "take it away inside" club too.

When I'm on the range I like to put a ball inside and behind the ball I am hitting then take the club away without touching that inside ball. A good visualization is to imagine someone is standing behind your ball and try to shake hands with your left hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back