2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

I received the 330s
couple of things I noticed compared to the ProV 1x or Zstar XV is that ball is long and holds line in the wind like a champ.. I played Monday and it was quite windy here in Texas, I know shocking! I was surprised how well the ball held its line.
I also felt that ball sidespin was manageable and would not hook way of target. Don't get me wrong I can still pull it out of bounds with all other premium balls but on solid shots the draw was a nice flight that you would hope.
Sound was a nice muted click on both pitches and putts and ball stopped like a champ.
This is one I would definitely game! Plan on testing further this weekend as long as weather lets me

played them again on Sunday at tour 18.... Ball continues to impress, the only knock I have is it spins to much . I think I need the 330
perfect example number 9 which is famed tpc sawgrass number 17 par three pin cut at front about 4 paces on and playing 125. Hit a wedge and mind you I hit a high ball hit pin high and backed off into the drink... Was an impressive shot with bad results. I will say that one bad shot was more then made up for with short game chip shots when you miss the green... It was awesome and very predictable. So much so that if the 330 doesn't have quite as much spin it will be the new company logo ball

Things that make it a winner for me and I love Titleist
1 short game...MONEY
2 durability
3 does everything you ask of the ball
4 might have just been me but only 1 -3 putt all day
knocks on ball...water core and doesn't float? C'mon man lol

Anybody got a sleeve of tour B330s or Tour B330rx balls they woul like to trade for a sleeve of Tour B330 balls???

I had a very tough round on Sunday where my back seized up and I was not able to make a full swing for the last 14 holes of the round. There were two things I took away from this abbreviated round, 1) This ball still rocks and 2) I was finally able to put a wedge cut on it.

Driver - I feel like despite how poorly I was swinging, the ball still manages to minimize some of the awful, ie. the sidespin is very minimal. Despite not having the swing speed for the B330S, I feel like I get plenty of distance.

Irons - Great explosiveness and the feeling of a well compressed golf ball.

Wedges - Not quite the check up that I am used to. On a full swing there is plenty of back spin, but I generally play a lower spinning shot and these have been rolling out a little more than I prefer. To finally I cut the ball I took a full rip with my 56° and caught it perfectly. It was still playable and much less damaged than the other balls I've played.

Putter - Exceptional feel. Sunday's round was different as the greens were incredibly slow compared to what I've been playing/practicing on. I gave the ball a few wallops from distance and it rolled out very well.

This was my shot of the day, from the rough 156 yards downhill with a 9i. One hop and stop!

Received a fantastic email from Bridgestone this morning offering me a 2 pack sleeve of the new B330 line for a quick survey. I'll add a couple thoughts on them when they come in in a few weeks!

Killing me with all of these reviews. Still have not received mine as of yet, but am confident they will show. That was a lot of people to ship to.

JM

Killing me with all of these reviews. Still have not received mine as of yet, but am confident they will show. That was a lot of people to ship to.

JM

Which ones you waiting on?

JM

I here you, I was disappointed my B330's didn't show as well. But then I found them at my neighbors house about a week ago. Was miss delivered. I live in an area where people come into their house from the back so don't see their doorsteps. Seen the package there for a few days so was going to knock on the door and let him know and I noticed it was for me.. LOL

I had enough time to get a quick 18 in before snow and grabbed spin numbers off the launch monitor the other night. Need to throw my thoughts together and post them up this weekend. The ball is the real deal though, even in the sub 50 weather it feels soft as a babies bottom.

I'm loving this ball!

I'm loving this ball!

I'm a little late to the party, but better late then never! First things first, a very big :thankyou: to THP and Bridgestone!

About me:
I live in Myrtle Beach (South Carolina)
I'm a 4 handicap
I play everyday I can (mostly 6 days a week).
Swing Speed - ~115
Ball Flight - Very, Very, Very, Very High
Strengths - Driving Accuracy & Putting
Weaknesses - Mid/Low Iron & Wedge Accuracy
Balls I Play - ProV1, ProV1x, B330, B330s & Hex Chorme+

The Packaging:
I like the new packaging, I feel like it's more eye catching and modern then the 2012 packaging. I especially like the new sleeve design, I'm a fan of seeing the golf ball for some reason.

The Ball:
The first thing I did was a side by side on the chipping green with my 2012 B330 vs the New B330. The B330 has always performed equally compared to all other golf balls I like to use in this department and the new one doesn't disappoint. But does it spin more? Yes it does, I feel like I can say it definitely spins more, not a lot, but more. There wasn't much difference over all in-between the 2012 and 2014 but I do favor the newer ball, it's almost as if the newer ball reacts about 5% closer to how I expect it to.

The next thing I did was putt, the Bridgestone B330 Series has always been my favorite ball to putt with out of any of the "tour" balls that I play, I feel like they have just a little more "pop" to them. The 2014 B330 compared to the 2012 feels very similar if not identical. I want to say the new one feels a shade more solid but it might be in my head.

Now it was game time, I put the ball into play for 18 holes. Off the tee the B330 (new and old) has always been the longest tour ball I've ever played but, I do not see a difference in distance either way in between the old and new. Sidespin wasn't an issue but the ball did seem to be a little more penetrating and performed exceptionally well (better then 2012 b330) in the wind. I think this is an attribute of less spin being produced on full swings.
Long irons down to full wedges perform well with me getting the amounts of spin expected, the only difference being the new b330 feels softer or cushier then any other ball in recent memory. Now half wedges, pitches, etc are a different story then the other areas. The 2014 B330's new cover shines and is very consistent with the loads of spin it gives off.

Conclusion:
The new B330 seems very similar to the old one but I love all the changes Bridgestone has made. I think this ball spins a little bit more around the greens and a little less off the tee. The B330 has always been second on my list after the ProV1x but I think with the new one it is firmly placed on top.

I'm a little late to the party, but better late then never! First things first, a very big :thankyou: to THP and Bridgestone!

About me:
I live in Myrtle Beach (South Carolina)
I'm a 4 handicap
I play everyday I can (mostly 6 days a week).
Swing Speed - ~115
Ball Flight - Very, Very, Very, Very High
Strengths - Driving Accuracy & Putting
Weaknesses - Mid/Low Iron & Wedge Accuracy
Balls I Play - ProV1, ProV1x, B330, B330s & Hex Chorme+

The Packaging:
I like the new packaging, I feel like it's more eye catching and modern then the 2012 packaging. I especially like the new sleeve design, I'm a fan of seeing the golf ball for some reason.

The Ball:
The first thing I did was a side by side on the chipping green with my 2012 B330 vs the New B330. The B330 has always performed equally compared to all other golf balls I like to use in this department and the new one doesn't disappoint. But does it spin more? Yes it does, I feel like I can say it definitely spins more, not a lot, but more. There wasn't much difference over all in-between the 2012 and 2014 but I do favor the newer ball, it's almost as if the newer ball reacts about 5% closer to how I expect it to.

The next thing I did was putt, the Bridgestone B330 Series has always been my favorite ball to putt with out of any of the "tour" balls that I play, I feel like they have just a little more "pop" to them. The 2014 B330 compared to the 2012 feels very similar if not identical. I want to say the new one feels a shade more solid but it might be in my head.

Now it was game time, I put the ball into play for 18 holes. Off the tee the B330 (new and old) has always been the longest tour ball I've ever played but, I do not see a difference in distance either way in between the old and new. Sidespin wasn't an issue but the ball did seem to be a little more penetrating and performed exceptionally well (better then 2012 b330) in the wind. I think this is an attribute of less spin being produced on full swings.
Long irons down to full wedges perform well with me getting the amounts of spin expected, the only difference being the new b330 feels softer or cushier then any other ball in recent memory. Now half wedges, pitches, etc are a different story then the other areas. The 2014 B330's new cover shines and is very consistent with the loads of spin it gives off.

Conclusion:
The new B330 seems very similar to the old one but I love all the changes Bridgestone has made. I think this ball spins a little bit more around the greens and a little less off the tee. The B330 has always been second on my list after the ProV1x but I think with the new one it is firmly placed on top.

Hows the ball rolling on the greens for you? For me they roll great and not too fast on the greens if that makes any sense. I get bette r feedback and I dont have problems like the ball shooting past the hole on faster greens.

Check that it was the RX Yellow if available.

Last edited:
Maybe that's the delay? I haven't seen a picture of the yellow B330 in this thread.

Agreed and I know they will eventually show up. Just a little anxious is all.

JM

The B330 RX is my favorite ball to play, but I don't feel like paying 40 bucks a dozen all the time.

Really interesting information guys wish I had tried to sign up for this keep reviews coming!

The B330 RX is my favorite ball to play, but I don't feel like paying 40 bucks a dozen all the time.

If you don't mined playing the 2012/13 B330RX.
Been seeing them for around $27.00 a dozen.

First off, thank you to THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity to review these balls!

Secondly, I'm not a writer so please forgive my format and cohesion. I was fitted for the B330 and I normally play ProV1x or Nike20XIx. My driver swing speed is normally around 105mph. I'm a high-ball hitter who doesn't spin it much.

The only other Bridgestone ball I've ever played with any regularity was the e5 so I was headed in with an open mind with the B330. I may sound absolute in my writing, but obviously this is just my opinion. I took the B330 out for an 18-hole spin at Francisco Grande golf course in Casa Grande, AZ where I play most of my golf. It's an older style desert course with mature trees and some rocky/native desert areas along most of the holes. There are a few water hazards and some bunkering. They have overseeded the fairways/greens/rough with winter Rye grass. (which came in nice, btw)

Where my ball was during my mediocre, 80-shot round: 5 times in hard sand/native desert area. 2 bunkers. 2 tree branches hit. (although not the trunk or a heavy branch) One metallic water junction box bounce which caused the stain/mark you see in the pictures below. Once in a water hazard (but retrieved). I hit the ball 11 times with my driver.

Putting - It's perfect. Not just good or great, it's perfect. The sound and feel is awesome and only inspires confidence. I use an Odyssey putter with a White Hot insert.

Chipping - Fantastic performance. I prefer the ProV1x for chipping because it checks a bit more, but this ball does not disappoint and I chipped marvelously all day. Once again the sound/feel of the ball while chipping inspired confidence.

Irons - From my first iron shot to the last, I thoroughly enjoyed hitting the B330. It feels better than the 20XIx but maybe not quite as good as the ProV1x. I am not a high spin player at all (as proven by my shallow, sometimes non-existent divots) but I found the B330 to be a worthy spinner. I never felt it didn't stop well enough on these firm greens and I was never worried about my short irons rolling out. I even hit a pure 5-iron into a par 3 that stopped 10 feet from its pitch mark. That shot alone showed me this ball performs how I want it to.

Driver - Long and awesome. My flight was lower than with the ProV1x (which is great) and similar to the 20XIx. However, it bested both of them in terms of distance. There were two par 4s where I had the shortest iron into the green I have EVER had. Once again, the B330 showed me who's distance boss.

Durability - I'm utterly astonished at the durability of this ball. I hit some goat-ugly shots out there into places where man should not go and this ball came out looking like diamonds every time. Wash it up and it's like brand new. I'm still telling my friends about how durable this thing is. I can't get over it! In the first pic below, the mark you see is a stain from the green-painted steel water junction box cover. It's NOT a scuff or scratch.

In my 25 years of playing golf, I have never "fallen in love" with a ball. It's either been too hard, too soft, too "clicky", too ugly or too expensive. Finally, after 25 FREAKING years I found that ball! I will not buy any other ball as long as I can find the 2014 B330. I tried not to gush so much during the middle section of this review but now I can't hold back! I think about this ball and I'm excited to play with it. It's long, it feels great, it spins how I want it to, it chips wonderfully and it putts like a dream. To top it all off, it's awesomely durable. The other 11 balls in my sample box are GOLD. I will clutch them to my chest tightly and never let go.

EDhZssd.jpg
[/IMG]

T1x2ybe.jpg
[/IMG]

First off, thank you to THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity to review these balls!

Secondly, I'm not a writer so please forgive my format and cohesion. I was fitted for the B330 and I normally play ProV1x or Nike20XIx. My driver swing speed is normally around 105mph. I'm a high-ball hitter who doesn't spin it much.

The only other Bridgestone ball I've ever played with any regularity was the e5 so I was headed in with an open mind with the B330. I may sound absolute in my writing, but obviously this is just my opinion. I took the B330 out for an 18-hole spin at Francisco Grande golf course in Casa Grande, AZ where I play most of my golf. It's an older style desert course with mature trees and some rocky/native desert areas along most of the holes. There are a few water hazards and some bunkering. They have overseeded the fairways/greens/rough with winter Rye grass. (which came in nice, btw)

Where my ball was during my mediocre, 80-shot round: 5 times in hard sand/native desert area. 2 bunkers. 2 tree branches hit. (although not the trunk or a heavy branch) One metallic water junction box bounce which caused the stain/mark you see in the pictures below. Once in a water hazard (but retrieved). I hit the ball 11 times with my driver.

Putting - It's perfect. Not just good or great, it's perfect. The sound and feel is awesome and only inspires confidence. I use an Odyssey putter with a White Hot insert.

Chipping - Fantastic performance. I prefer the ProV1x for chipping because it checks a bit more, but this ball does not disappoint and I chipped marvelously all day. Once again the sound/feel of the ball while chipping inspired confidence.

Irons - From my first iron shot to the last, I thoroughly enjoyed hitting the B330. It feels better than the 20XIx but maybe not quite as good as the ProV1x. I am not a high spin player at all (as proven by my shallow, sometimes non-existent divots) but I found the B330 to be a worthy spinner. I never felt it didn't stop well enough on these firm greens and I was never worried about my short irons rolling out. I even hit a pure 5-iron into a par 3 that stopped 10 feet from its pitch mark. That shot alone showed me this ball performs how I want it to.

Driver - Long and awesome. My flight was lower than with the ProV1x (which is great) and similar to the 20XIx. However, it bested both of them in terms of distance. There were two par 4s where I had the shortest iron into the green I have EVER had. Once again, the B330 showed me who's distance boss.

Durability - I'm utterly astonished at the durability of this ball. I hit some goat-ugly shots out there into places where man should not go and this ball came out looking like diamonds every time. Wash it up and it's like brand new. I'm still telling my friends about how durable this thing is. I can't get over it! In the first pic below, the mark you see is a stain from the green-painted steel water junction box cover. It's NOT a scuff or scratch.

In my 25 years of playing golf, I have never "fallen in love" with a ball. It's either been too hard, too soft, too "clicky", too ugly or too expensive. Finally, after 25 FREAKING years I found that ball! I will not buy any other ball as long as I can find the 2014 B330. I tried not to gush so much during the middle section of this review but now I can't hold back! I think about this ball and I'm excited to play with it. It's long, it feels great, it spins how I want it to, it chips wonderfully and it putts like a dream. To top it all off, it's awesomely durable. The other 11 balls in my sample box are GOLD. I will clutch them to my chest tightly and never let go.

Great write-up, man. Glad you like the B330. Reading your review makes me want to get out and play. The performance I've seen so far out of this ball has been impressive.

I have to agree this thing is unbelievable good. Right now its my number 1 ball. I will give due diligence testing for my next ball being my MC sponsor ball to see how it compares. as of right now I have never tried the tour levels with that brand. However this ball has moved above Pro V1 and Callaway Hex Black Tour as other tour level balls I have used a good amount.

I get this, however this version has changed that mindset a bit for me for one reason--durability! Granted on a fun round where changing balls may not matter you could be cautious around hazards, but I see getting much more play time out of this ball than even some of the cheaper balls I play.

$35 for the Bridgestone's sure beat 50 for the pro v1/v1x. I normally bplay the e6 and in the future I could see myself spending the extra $10 for the Tour B330 line

Normally I share those feelings but the durability of these is changing my mind. From what I have seen the price will be 45 a dozen. That is $3.75 a ball. Unlike other balls though these are lasting at least 36 holes for me (I normally get 12 from others). Paying less than 2$ a round for a golf ball is more than worth it for how they have performed

y3usepe9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of pics of the other side of flyer that came with these balls, but after looking at this side today it got me to thinking. So I went to my closet to look at the boxes of some of the other golf balls I have, and none of them say Made in the USA.

Back