How To Film Your Golf Swing

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
With Freddie Kong taking over the swing tips section of this forum, there has been an increase in the number of posters putting up videos of their golf swing. I thought that I'd post a link to this informative video on how to set up your camera in order to film your golf swing. There are some good pointers in this video for the face-on view and the down-the-line view. I think the biggest mistake that I see is people putting the camera in line with the ball on the down-the-line view, when it should be along your toe line. Anyways, the video is below, and if anyone else has feedback, put it in this thread:

:act-up: If you are off just a few feet on the dtl view..it is a difference in "look" of steep/ shallow/ or on plane.. Face on is usually accurate..down the line is very very hard to setup. Could really ruin your golf swing ..by training unnecessary fixes if your camera is slightly off. The video doesn't do the best explaining dtl...I was told put a shaft in the ground 10 feet in front of you. Aim camera at the shaft..and aim body at the shaft.

Thanks for for posting video..good thread

mm

Last edited:
Really helpful post ary! Thanks for that.

Great post Ary and something we all should think about when we do videos for ourselves or for Freddie to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ary thank you for posting that video and helping out brother

Thanks. Very useful to know. Does anyone have any options for positioning correctly without a tripod? Maybe wedged on golf bag?

:act-up:They have yet to make a good pod connector for the ipad air. I was using my old gorilla pod that was for the ipad 4 ...not compatible..the ipad air would literally slip out ..and feel on the ground ,

I'm hoping an updated connector will be available soon

:act-up:They have yet to make a good pod connector for the ipad air. I was using my old gorilla pod that was for the ipad 4 ...not compatible..the ipad air would literally slip out ..and feel on the ground ,

I'm hoping an updated connector will be available soon

If you look around on the web you can find some pretty good products.

"It does us no good" Lol. It's funny how many people don't use "common" sense when it comes to things like this.

Back