2014 Masters Predictions - THP Staff Writers

Thank you. Dear lord THANK YOU!

Padraig+Harrington+Barclays+Singapore+Open+CtpUtHMIQgbl.jpg

Well. Rory got the kiss of death hehe.

Great thoughts by the staff writers! Solid reasons laid out by each one of you for your picks.

What I take from this? Why does Canadaniel use a u in favourite?

That's what stood out to me as well.

Really like the J Day pick, but I think as most Master's goes, anything can happen.

Candidly, I chuckled when I saw the pick from my Canadian brother. Love it.

Personally, I think Rors takes it this week. My dark horse, though, is Patrick Reed. He seems to make a ridiculous amount of birdies, and that's what it will take to win this weekend.

There's plenty about that pick that has to do with Canadian pride, but DeLaet has game. When he's on, he can compete.

Love Dan showing those Canadian roots. Though Josh and James appear to be in the "great minds think alike" circle.

Sergio is my new Paddy, I am convinced he is going to win a major at some point, I just know it!

Sergio was my pick in the contest. I think he is going to do it this year. He's peaking right now and it's just a matter of not letting the mental side get in the way.

Sergio was my pick in the contest. I think he is going to do it this year. He's peaking right now and it's just a matter of not letting the mental side get in the way.

Admittedly, I may have missed the memo from ANGC. But, you still have to putt to compete in the Masters, correct?

If this is still a requirement, I don't like Sergio's chances. And, I would love to see him win it.

This may have been or still be the toughest week to pick for Fantasy.. I think I have changed my roster about 6 or 7 times this week. I have been tempted to pick Sergio but as great as he has been on Thursday and Friday, his weekend rounds were good but not great. Personally I think you have to be great on Sunday to win the Masters. For all of my line-up changes I kept one guy in that I think is going to win it this week - Rory McIlroy.

Great picks by the THP staff and I hope we see more of these!

Admittedly, I may have missed the memo from ANGC. But, you still have to putt to compete in the Masters, correct?

If this is still a requirement, I don't like Sergio's chances. And, I would love to see him win it.

He has a "Good-Good" exemption this year. As soon as that shot hits the green, it's good. They are trying it out this year.

Nothing against Canadians lol but they don't stand a chance this year at Augusta, my man Zach Johnson is bringing it home!

Canadan is a homer!!!!! Haha but I like the reasoning (or lack there of) for the picks. I'm with Morgan on this one, I think Keegan is poised for another major. He's been in contention a ton recently, is healthy, and when he gets his putter going, watch out.

I'm just a big believer in what we've been seeing from Rory, and he has a LOT of people to shut up after last year. Combine it with the heartbreak we all remember from that trainwreck that occurred here in previous years and you have a TON of motivation.

But I keep thinking about Spieth too.

Love seeing ZJ being talked about. I like him, Sergio and Phil.

I'm picking Stenson to win it all, catching Kuchar on Sunday...because bad luck comes in threes.

I like to buy low and sell high. I have Kuch getting it done this week. I do like Canadan's pick, nice beard and a great swing.

Have you watched the last two weeks?

Harris English for me. Just because.

Harris is absolutely my dark horse/rookie pick. He's got a ton of composure. I think he'll be up there on Friday evening, and just not be able to maintain that edge. Just my take on it.

27th in total putting, 1st in scrambling. I was thinking the same thing as you until I looked at his stats this year.

Day has been my pick since Scotty’s post Masters news conference in 2013. But, if Scotty can roll the rock, he will be there again and can defend. I don’t think recent winner Matt Jones wins, but I can see him cracking the Top 10. I think he has the game for ANGC and has tons of confidence right now.

There's plenty about that pick that has to do with Canadian pride, but DeLaet has game. When he's on, he can compete.

At least you are owning it

when he is on he is one of the best ball strikers there is

Some bold predictions from the staff writers! I'm looking forward to Sunday evening that's for sure.

Like everybody's writeups. Thanks for sharing.

Can Lukey Duke be considered a sleeper? No one is talking about him. Why not?

Luke D has sort of fallen off the face of the earth in the media, hasn't he? He has the ball striking and the putter to compete, but seems so inconsistent.

Im starting to lose faith in the new THP hire Dan. I mean he went homer on us in his first bid.
There have been how many Canadians to win majors? One total? I mean he might as well have picked Mike Weir and gone full on homer.

I kid I kid...Kind of.

Back