The guts of a Bridgestone B330-RX

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing the same ball in our simulator at work during lunches for the past few months. I finally hit the ball enough that it wasn't playable anymore. I notices a few bumps, almost like pimples, start to bulge out of the ball, and it also sounded pretty dead. I cut open the cover, and this is what I saw. Looks like the core just cracked from fatigue. I don't think I'll ever play a ball on the course for enough holes to cause this to happen, so it was pretty neat to see here.

Maybe I need to play less during my lunch breaks...
dc17156780c639cdd04b2a86934a5e55.jpg

Wonder how long the crack was really there? Just thinking, I probably did that to a ball I hit thin with my wedge yesterday. I flew one across the green and my buddy says to me "What did you hit?" I replied "3 wood" LOL

hard boiled.

pretty cool looking

Wonder how long the crack was really there? Just thinking, I probably did that to a ball I hit thin with my wedge yesterday. I flew one across the green and my buddy says to me "What did you hit?" I replied "3 wood" LOL
No clue, but I honestly don't think this is something you could do to a ball on the course. Even if you never lost a ball, it was starting to look worse for wear for a while. I think it would end up in the shag bag before a fatigue like crack would form.

I am so ridiculously jealous of your at work simulator Alek lol. This is a pretty cool though. You should break it down even further and really see the core - the inner structure of quality balls is pretty impressive.

I am so ridiculously jealous of your at work simulator Alek lol. This is a pretty cool though. You should break it down even further and really see the core - the inner structure of quality balls is pretty impressive.
I plan on it.

I know... just conversing! Like others said it would be neat to dissect that thing...

pretty cool to see. would love to see a full cross section!

Back