"Demo" etched on shaft?

ForeOnFour

Leave no birdie behind
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking at a shaft on the bay. The description says that it was used in a fitting bay and has the word "demo" etched in it. Can't see it in the pics.

This is is what it says in the description:

"It has DEMO etched on shaft, hard to see , but it's there."

Would this have any effect on the playability of the shaft?

Thanks.

Nope, but it probably has seen some abuse as a hitting bay club, check the pics closely for sky marks and or dents on the head but the shaft should be fine.

No head, it's shaft and adapter only.

Not too sure I would want something etched on the shaft, I would probably pass this one.

If it is a good price, fugetaboutit and buy and enjoy the shaft!

^^^ this

As long as the bid doesn't sky rocket, it would only set me back $40. Not so much worried about the money as the structural integrity and durability. It's a fujikura fuel to try in my R1. I can BIN on others without the "demo" for $60.

I wouldn't do it just to save $20. unbeknownst to me, I bought a premium shaft from a fitter, and the shaft ended up being a demo shaft. my bag fell over at the range on a windy day, and the shaft broke at the handle under the grip. i just wonder about the integrity getting compromised after much use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured for $20 it wasn't worth the thought in my mind that the structure might be compromised so I let it go. I'm happy with the Bio Cell+ but I'm still kicking the idea around of trying a different shaft in the R1 to see which one I like better.

I figured for $20 it wasn't worth the thought in my mind that the structure might be compromised so I let it go. I'm happy with the Bio Cell+ but I'm still kicking the idea around of trying a different shaft in the R1 to see which one I like better.

I currently game an R1, but it will be a back-up once I fitter builds my new gamer. I tried a handful of shafts with the R1. my few favorites I hit were the tour ad di and accra cs1. we just put a ys-6 nano reloaded into the r1 for a quality but slightly less expensive backup, and I'll have a chance to play it on Saturday. I found the r1 to be lower launching due to its low spin and I struggle with low launch anyway, so I gravitated toward higher launching shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back