Bridgestone Golf J715 Driver Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
BRIDGESTONE UNVEILS J715 DRIVER FOR UNPARALLELED DISTANCE AND ACCURACY OFF THE TEE

J715B3_STANDARDcrop-L.jpg

Bridgestone J715 460 Driver Utilizes Cutting-Edge Technologies to Deliver Optimal Spin and Launch Performance

Covington, Ga. — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf and a recognized industry innovator, will unveil its new J715 460 Driver at the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show. J715, the company’s first driver in 4 years, relies on a combination of 4 innovative technologies to maximize distance and accuracy off the tee.

“At Bridgestone we don’t release new products just to release new products. Our philosophy is to wait until we truly have something innovative and unique that will benefit golfers’ games,” said Josh Kinchen, Golf Clubs and Accessories Marketing Manager, Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “We haven’t put out a new driver in several years because we don’t believe a new color offering or some other less impactful technology is really worth asking consumers to part with their hard-earned dollars for. We want consumers to know that when we introduce a new club, it will always offer real tangible performance benefits. The J715 is without question the best driver we’ve ever made and we know that golfers who try it will see the difference it makes.”

The increased distance and accuracy that the J715 Driver delivers is achieved through 4 key technologies:

1. F.A.S.T Crown
· The Flex Action Speed Technology (F.A.S.T.) crown is extremely thin near the clubface and progressively thickens towards the club head rear to enable the crown to slightly flex at impact creating higher launch and increased repulsion.

2. Power Milled Face
· Patented face milling pattern works to reduce the common ball slippage at impact problem that drivers today encounter. Maintaining the ball’s position of impact leads to increased quality compression time that results in reduced spin (200-300 RPMs based on robot testing) for straighter and longer drives.

3. Spin Flight Control Technology
· Movable weights on multiple axes in the heel and center of the clubhead allow users to customize the center of gravity for desired spin and trajectory.

4. Variable Adjust System
· J715 is completely Face and Lie angle adjustable, offering face angle adjustments of up to 1° (closed and opened) and lie angle settings of standard, 1° upright and 2° upright.

J715B3_FACE-L.jpg

The J715 Driver is available in 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 and 12-degrees of loft and will be the first Bridgestone driver in the U.S. available in both left and right hand versions (Left hand available in 9.5 and 10.5 lofts only*). The J715 driver comes standard with the Mitsubishi Fubuki ZT shaft and custom yellow Golf Pride[SUP]®[/SUP] Tour Velvet grip.

The J715 Driver will be available at retail February 1, 2015 and will have a street price of $399 each.

*Left Hand available April 1, 2015.

So sweet looking, especially in hand. I want to give it a shot at 12* just to say I hit it, but not sure it will fit my game but only 1 way to find out.

The claim that the milling increases friction yet reduces spin is what has always had my attention with this driver. Seems to go against everything I've ever known

That face milling is intriguing as heck. That is one mean looking driver!

We want consumers to know that when we introduce a new club, it will always offer real tangible performance benefits.

I like it. Can't wait to give it a go!

this is an interesting one, how does it look at address?

Bridgestone Golf J715 Driver Preview

Loved Josh's statement and something we talked about at this past Morgan Cup. Really excited to try this one as the J40 445 has improved my tee game drastically.

Hoping that this club ends up in my bag when they are released to consumers.

Edit: the looks are great and like the addition of the adjustable weights to change COG.

The claim that the milling increases friction yet reduces spin is what has always had my attention with this driver. Seems to go against everything I've ever known

Its because companies saying that milling on the face of wedges increases spin is not correct. The ball being kept on the face longer, helps quite a bit, and then add that grooves are there remove grass, sand, etc to create clean contact. Broken down in pieces, technology wise it makes sense. Whether that translates to real world application will be for others to decide.

The idea is that it keeps the ball in contact with the face longer and prevents it from sliding off, thus reducing spin. Also to add they had actual data from their tour pro's showing difference between the J40 and the J715 and the numbers were pretty significant. I have a notebook at home with the info. I will add when I get home later.

Power Milled Face is the technology intriguing me the most here that I don't believe we are seeing from other OEM's. 200-300 is a nice dip in spin with that characteristic.

I know Dev has TONS of info on this as he was at the product launch for THP.

And isn't that the same stock shaft as the 2014 Big Bertha? It worked really well for me. I've always heard how good the J40 was, but have never tried it. This might be the year I finally get to try a Bridgestone driver.

This one looks even better in person (other than the grip and shaft colors don't pair very well) and will be a beast for some.

And isn't that the same stock shaft as the 2014 Big Bertha? It worked really well for me. I've always heard how good the J40 was, but have never tried it. This might be the year I finally get to try a Bridgestone driver.

Yes, it is the same stock shaft as the BB

I like the looks of the driver, but I'm surprised they basically called out other OEMs for fast release cycles.

While a small thing, kinda surprised to see that the grip will be yellow. Nothing wrong it, just a tad surprised.

Great introduction Hawk.

Reading the specs and comments by Bridgestone it will be fun to hit this club and put it through the paces at the end of the month. With the 2015 lineup the Bridgestone is putting out, the knowledge transfer that will happen at Bridgestone U will be second to none. Nothing like getting the all the information directly from the source.

While a small thing, kinda surprised to see that the grip will be yellow. Nothing wrong it, just a tad surprised.

Wanna hear something funny? When we were shown the driver at the launch event, it was the first thing all of us noticed and mentioned. Haha A brand new driver and the first thing we talked about was the yellow grip.

Gotta be honest, as I certainly don't know the rules for club building, but I didn't even know you COULD mill the face of a driver. They've always been smooth, so I figured they had to be.
I'm quite intrigued.

Its because companies saying that milling on the face of wedges increases spin is not correct. The ball being kept on the face longer, helps quite a bit, and then add that grooves are there remove grass, sand, etc to create clean contact. Broken down in pieces, technology wise it makes sense. Whether that translates to real world application will be for others to decide.

The idea is that it keeps the ball in contact with the face longer and prevents it from sliding off, thus reducing spin. Also to add they had actual data from their tour pro's showing difference between the J40 and the J715 and the numbers were pretty significant. I have a notebook at home with the info. I will add when I get home later.

Thanks guys. Definitely interesting to see how technology is moving forward. In fact - looking at my current gamer the driver has noticable grooves on the face, similar to that of a fairway wood.

Are there any other drivers on the market outside of the new Bstone and Srixon that have noticeable face grooves/face milling? I know the OG Bertha and Alpha had a very smooth face. As did the x2 hot pro and Bio Cell/BC+

Very intrigued by this driver. Would love to test one out to see how it compares to some of the others that have recently been released. Killer looks on it too.

Wanna hear something funny? When we were shown the driver at the launch event, it was the first thing all of us noticed and mentioned. Haha A brand new driver and the first thing we talked about was the yellow grip.

Yeah....a bit uncharacteristic for them IMO based on past releases. Bit more flash than we normally see from them....but it does match the putter!

I am guessing they are going that way with the entire line. It does not match very well with the stock shaft. Easy fix for those who care.

can't wait can't wait can't WAIT :)

If this pans out it should help some THP'ers build their #THPLegacy

Yeah....a bit uncharacteristic for them IMO based on past releases. Bit more flash than we normally see from them....but it does match the putter!

Looks wise seems to hit that nice balance of old school meets modern I prefer. If that crown has a mat look to it I may just have to sample the 12°

Back