Bridgestone Golf J715 Driver Preview

This driver and the woods and hybrids would look bad arse with orange grips! :drool:

Hello sexy!
00d69a37aa13b313bc197f52d88131dd.jpg
ab5c7f5bb146d36332678afaced0b432.jpg

I'm hitting some bombs with this. 8g in the front, 10 g in the back to get d4 swing weight

I hit this really well today. Few misses but all playable. Swapped out the 10 and 8g weights and did see a change in ball flight. Will be something to tinker with to get optimized. I'm not hitting this as long as the alpha 815 but it was very consistent

I hit this really well today. Few misses but all playable. Swapped out the 10 and 8g weights and did see a change in ball flight. Will be something to tinker with to get optimized. I'm not hitting this as long as the alpha 815 but it was very consistent
What fun it was to see you hit this yesterday...and hit it well you did. Don't let him fool you...ball goes far. I took a few swings on the range with the changes he made and what a difference. I had to put it back in his bag quickly.

Not sure if you saw this in the other thread, here is a graphic of some different weight configurations...

j715adjcart_zps4caab8fa.png

Keep us posted how the testing goes!

Not sure if you saw this in the other thread, here is a graphic of some different weight configurations...

I did see that. Thank you. I was pretty amazed at how a change in 2g in location changed the ball flight. I think the extra weights (10g and 8g) are adding more spin. Either way it was good for me yesterday. Playing again today to see if it treats me just as well :)

I really like this graphic. Thanks Mellowman!

Seemed like the driver had a real slight draw preference for my swing. It's nice to have the flexibility of weight transferring to suit our swings.

Would there be a problem if I go with 8g back/4g front or 6g back/2g front? the latter seemed to work this weekend but I want to try something else :).

Would it be safe to assume that since the J815 has a single weight in the heel adding more weight to it would create a draw vs. lessening the weight to create a fade?

Would it be safe to assume that since the J815 has a single weight in the heel adding more weight to it would create a draw vs. lessening the weight to create a fade?

I think I read during the live updates that the 815 is a draw biased driver

I think I read during the live updates that the 815 is a draw biased driver
I think both the J715 and J815 are draw biased, just trying to see my weight options if I choose to tinker.

Another day with j715 and I absolutely pounded it today. So confident in this club it's crazy. Longer today than yesterday with it. Hit some absolute monsters today. Playing 9.5 head with aldila rogue silver 110 msi 70g stiff shaft. 8g in the front 10g in the back. Seeing mid flight that carries for a long time and gets good rollout. I'm having to tee the ball up much higher than i used to. Likes to be hit high on this deep face. Bear in mind this is the 445 version (b5) from Japan.

I'll be getting out with a couple new shafts to see if I can rekindle the love for this driver

I've had the Pro 73 TS in the 715 and have absolutely LOVED this combo. Gonna switch back to the GD Tour AD DI-6 for a little while and see how it compares.
It is indeed a good combo. I really like the 73 ts shaft. Very good

I'm pretty sure j4u will be in here talking about this driver After playing 36 with it today :)

Hi all,

I recently ordered a set of j15 cbs and love them, so I decided to give the j715 driver and fairway woods a shot since the irons were so good.

I am coming from an SLDR 430 with a fujikura motore speeder ts 7.2x. This is the ideal spin rate for me, but I find that if I put a bad swing on it, the miss is really exaggerated with this club. Since most of the courses I play during my season are really narrow, I am looking for something that will keep spin fairly low, but is a little more accurate or forgiving.

How would the j715 perform spinwise with the same shaft (speeder 7.2 ts) compared to the sldr? I am assuming it will be more forgiving, but also how is the distance on the driver? I don't want to be giving up 15+ yards by switching.

Any other comparisons are very appreciated. Thank you in advance for the help!

The only time I've ever hit an SLDR was during a driver fitting and it only took a few swings to realize it was not the driver for me. Very unforgiving and knuckle ball city. Sadly I've not put the J715 up against the SLDR so I don't have much to offer by way of numbers. However, I've been gaming a J715 driver since March and this thing is never coming out of my bag!

I tend to have a slightly descending angle of attack and thus generate a little more spin with the driver. That said, I'm still in the mid- to upper-2000's on spin rate with the J715. Even on off-center hits where the gear effect would be more prevalent you aren't going to see a big punishing move by the ball.

My current shaft is the Motore Speeder VC 7.2 stiff. With the J715 head in 9* I see a really nice mid-trajectory flight and get a really good amount of roll out on most fairways.

In terms of forgiveness, the J715 will offer less forgiveness than the 815 driver from Bridgestone (I also have that one) but it is still more forgiving than other drivers I've gamed over the past year or two (Big Bertha, Alpha, BB Alpha 815, Cobra Bio Cell+). Obviously a bad swing isn't going to be solved by any club but I've not found the J715 to be punishing with slightly off-center hits.

I'd highly recommend trying it out in either a professional fitting or through Bridgestone's Test Drive program and see how you get along with it.

Thanks for your reply. This helps a lot. I'm definitely going to look into trying the driver and j15 3 wood out. From what you said, the j715 will be more forgiving than the 430 sldr, so as long as the distance isn't that much less I could have a new gamer.

I'm pretty sure j4u will be in here talking about this driver After playing 36 with it today :)

Thanks again for the use and was quite surprised at how it performed yesterday straight out of your bag. I've stepped down to an S flex in my Flyz+ and it took a little bit of time to get accustomed to the 73ts X you have in this one. Feels really good and I've liked this driver since the first day I hit it once you received it. Especially the smaller profile of the special one you have...lol.

With 12/14 FW's hit on the second round...I think the pairing and I were getting along pretty well. The first round was also pretty good, but the swing was dormant from a few weeks off and the extra stiffness took a bit to get used to.

The low spin (visual only) I was seeing and the ball just taking off on a great flight pattern was keeping a smile on my face all day. Really didn't try to move the ball that much as there was no need on this course...just put it out there over the carry...that it did. As I'm waiting for my driver to be replaced, I can tell you I will have one heck of a combo to get me by and won't skip a beat. Such a beauty to look down on at address and that deep face is just screaming to be hit. Tee it up a bit higher and just put the ball in the lighter shade on the face...almost like it's screaming to be hit there. Was able to do that most of the time and when a bit off center it did move a touch, but not much and totally playable.

Thanks again KC for the opportunity to game this one for a while! Such a beast.

Those who have the j815 and j715 which you prefer and why

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Those who have the j815 and j715 which you prefer and why

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
J815 is exponentially more forgiving in terms of ball speed retention. Also has a higher launch angle and will spin a little more, though not as much more as some believe it does. Plus, it sounds better too.

I have gamed and could game the 715 still, but its without any doubt a much more demanding head based on the data I've taken.

Sadly, had the J815 been released in black, this discussion happens a lot less.

Agree with Jman. If the J815 was released in black, it would win driver of the year in just about every forum, magazine, or any other format.

Agree with Jman. If the J815 was released in black, it would win driver of the year in just about every forum, magazine, or any other format.
I'm not going that far, but it competes with just about everything else. It's solid all around and a lot of fun.

Back