KBS Tour-V Wedge Shaft

sparksjr

Reaction score
Handicap
Traveling
So I opened a can of worms when looking to purchase a Tour V shaft to put in my SW and (possible) LW. I thought I would just pick the Tour V, cut it to length and move on. Then I see that they have a dedicated Tour V Wedge shaft:

http://kbsgolfshafts.com/shafts/kbs-tour-v-wedge

I read just about every thread on THP about the Hi Rev shaft (and DG Spinner for that matter), which is my other option. I think the Hi Rev would be better on these because I don't typically put a full swing on my SW or GW, but that could change if the RTX CB wedges give me more forgiveness on full (read: 80%) swings. So that possibility has me thinking about a non "spinner" shaft.

So I guess my point/question is:

I couldn't find any information on the Tour V Wedge shaft. Anyone with experience with these or more knowledge know if this is simply the Tour V cut to wedge length? I know my Apex GW has the Tour V shaft, not the Tour V Wedge shaft in it. Presumably because that is more of a full swing club. The differences KBS lists online between the two is really just a heavier weight and alleged more spin from the Tour V Wedge shaft.

Am I over thinking this?
Missing something?
Just ignorant?
All of the above?

Thanks

i'll have some feedback on the shaft this saturday, as i'm putting my new wedges in play for the first time. i have the tour-v 100g r flex in my new rtx 2.0 wedges. we went with tour-v over hi-rev because i prefer lower ball flights with my wedge shots, and i tend to hit my wedges for full swings.

i'll have some feedback on the shaft this saturday, as i'm putting my new wedges in play for the first time. i have the tour-v 100g r flex in my new rtx 2.0 wedges. we went with tour-v over hi-rev because i prefer lower ball flights with my wedge shots, and i tend to hit my wedges for full swings.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Do you have the specific "tour v wedge" shaft or just the "tour v"?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Do you have the specific "tour v wedge" shaft or just the "tour v"?

i messed with the tour-v during a demo day last year. it was an ok shaft but I prefer the x-stiff DG wedge shaft in my RTX1.0.

I am going to be following along in this thread, as I have some interest in this as well. I've been playing KBS Hi-Rev stiff in my gamer wedges, but would prefer a little lower ball flight, and spin is not a huge concern of mine as I generate quite a bit without help from the shaft. I also am curious if the guys that have commented are commenting in regards to the Tour-V Wedge shafts or just the regular Tour-V, because there is a difference, according to the KBS website. According to the KBS website, the weight of the Tour-V Wedge (125g) is higher than even the Tour-V x-flex shafts (120g). Has anyone seen these shafts side-by-side to compare stepping? Is there some sort of counter balancing built in to make swing weighting more consistent?

Yeah, this ^ :act-up:

regular tour-v so need to post thoughts. sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the PGA show will bring some more info. If not I'll just contact KBS directly.

Maybe the PGA show will bring some more info. If not I'll just contact KBS directly.
I'm certainly not tuned in like others, but didn't I read that kbs was launching a new product tomorrow?

gosh I have a lot to learn. tour v wedge shaft mid launch mid spin...kbs wedge shaft mid launch mid spin...hi rev 2.0 mid launch high spin but increases the effective loft for higher ball flight?

ugh

Back