KBS Launches Two New Wedge Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

KBS Golf Shafts adds two wedge-specific steel shafts to its line and will debut the new products at the upcoming PGA Merchandise Show and Demo Day, Jan. 20-23, in Orlando, Fla.

"We've gone outside the box designing shafts specific for scoring clubs," said Kim Braly, head of R&D and Tour operations at KBS Golf Shafts. "They are some of the most important- if not the most important- clubs in a player's bag."

Over two years in development, the new KBS 610 WEDGE Shaft is designed to deliver penetrating ball flight with less spin. The shaft's stiffer butt section combined with the KBS signature step down configuration enhances shot making for the skilled player. This shaft is available in three flexes, from 110-125g.

"Our overall goal with these two shafts is to create a wedge-concentrated shaft category," said Braly. "Wedge shafts are commonly overlooked and we are aiming to tackle this issue, beginning with the HI-REV 2.0 and 610 WEDGE."

The HI-REV 2.0, an updated and improved version of the current HI-REV shaft, features an active tip section that increases the effective loft of the club head. Golfers can expect a higher ball launch with more spin for added stopping power. The HI-REV 2.0 is available in three flexes, from 115-135g.

Both shafts will be available for inspection and testing, along with the full KBS product line, at the PGA Merchandise Show Outdoor Demo Day, Tuesday, Jan. 20, Tee #5, Orange County National Golf Center, in Winter Park, Fla.

The 610 WEDGE and HI-REV 2.0 are available for purchase through select KBS dealers: kbsgolfshafts.com/premier-fitters.

Very intersted in the 610 wedge shaft. The tour shaft has played well in my wedges. It'll be interesting to see what the new shaft produces.

I am very intrigued by these new shafts. I really don't put much thought into which shafts go in my wedges but I am glad KBS does. I look forward to hearing more and learning what they can do for my game.

Looking forward to learning more. I've briefly looked at the hi-revs & honestly didn't pull the trigger bc the stock shafts in my wedges work well. I'm curious now if I'm missing something.

610 wedge shaft is very intriguing coming from someone that tends to balloon wedge shots that I try to go after with a more full swing.

Glad to see a company paying attention to wedge shafts.

The lower trajectory, lower spin combo of the 610 shaft is an interesting pairing for a wedge shaft. I don't think I've ever considered that for a wedge. I'm interested to see how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like GregDan, I have rarely given much thought to shafts in my wedges. It might be time to start doing so.

Hmm... interesting. I doubt they'll knock out my TI S400's, but I'll definitely give them a try.

It's pretty cool that they developed a shaft that can change the effective loft. KBS is changing the way 2 look at shafts.

It's pretty cool that they developed a shaft that can change the effective loft. KBS is changing the way 2 look at shafts.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Honestly don't know why one would want the "effective" loft changed. Guess that also means that I don't know what effective loft is?

I thought it was the loft when manipulating the head to be opened/closed, etc but I don't know how the shaft would play into that.

Very intriguing. For someone who plays DG x-stiff in my wedges I am very interested in the 610. Glad I haven't bought my new wedges yet.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Honestly don't know why one would want the "effective" loft changed. Guess that also means that I don't know what effective loft is?

I thought it was the loft when manipulating the head to be opened/closed, etc but I don't know how the shaft would play into that.
My guess is that you can setup square at 56* and get the distance you've come to expect with a higher flight

I don't know if it's good or.bad honestly but i do open my wedges most of the time unless it's a full shot. I'm gonna have to try them to see how it really works. My guess is that it wouldn't be good on really high loft clubs like a 60 or 64.

As another who balloons full on wedge swings, I would love to give the 610 a spin!

Will be looking forward to more coverage from the show for sure.

JM

Hmm, interesting, I honestly didn't expect it to be wedge shafts. Seems the 610 should appeal to those of us who like having the same iron shafts in their wedges for flight purposes. The new hi rev is curious to me, sounds like it must kick like a mule to impact effective loft.

Looks like I'll be pulling my Hi Rev Shafts for the 2.0's. :D

Interesting, my wedge game certainly could use some improvement. Maybe the Hi-Rev will help. Although, like others have mentioned, I haven't spent much time thinking about the shaft in my wedge. Thanks KBS!

The Hi-Rev 2.0 sounds fascinating to me, but I have no idea how torquey or whippy it must be to actually change the loft of the club. The 610 also sounds intriguing but I wonder if I could spin it enough.

Definitely going to try the 610

Really excited about that HI-REV 2.0. I need all the launch and spin help I can get.

As someone who tends to hit high wedge shots into greens and would like to flight it slighty lower - I am curious to know more about the 610 wedge shaft. I admit to not putting a ton of thought into the shafts of my wedges, but I am thinking it might be time for me to do that.

Very Interested in the 610 Shafts for my GW and SW specifically

Also my concern/question.

My guess is that you can setup square at 56* and get the distance you've come to expect with a higher flight

I hope so. PGA show should give us plenty of info. I see a THP TV episode in the future!

Looking forward to hearing more on these.

As a shaft comes into impact it will flex forward towards the ball.

Take a look at the J and the period below, with the J being the shaft and the period being the ball.

.J

When that happens, it increases the loft of the club. The softer the tip section, the larger the effect. Same premise behind a tip soft driver shaft. Important to know that an early release in your golf swing can mitigate the effects.

Back