KBS Launches Two New Wedge Shafts

Very interesting. I have never had a "wedge" shaft in my wedges. I think I could really benefit from one. Can't wait to hear more.

I'm a little conflicted after reading their press release. The 610 is for the "skilled" player, and the Hi-Rev 2 "increases the effective loft" of the shot. I don't put myself in the first category, and I already hit my wedges very, very high. Hmmm. Well, I'm not sure where I would ever get to demo them anyway (unless they show up at a THP event). They aren't something you run into at the big box golf stores often.

As a shaft comes into impact it will flex forward towards the ball.

Take a look at the J and the period below, with the J being the shaft and the period being the ball.

.J

When that happens, it increases the loft of the club. The softer the tip section, the larger the effect. Same premise behind a tip soft driver shaft. Important to know that an early release in your golf swing can mitigate the effects.

Hawk knowledge bombs make me happy.

The Hi-Rev 2.0 sounds like something I need to check out.

I think wedge specific shafts are so interesting, I would assume even an amateur like myself could benefit, but I don't even think about them too much, I was think about stock or matching shafts to a set, I need to get shaft educated in 2015 for sure!

Really excited about the 610 WEDGE Shaft. The fit system just recommended the Wedge-S so these have my eye. Also recently watched lesson tee live with Zach Johnson's coach and how he promotes hitting lower wedges. It sure seems to work for him.

Very interesting release by KBS! The 610 sounds right down my alley since I tend to ballon wedge shots sometimes.

Give me the Hi-Rev 2.0

Interesting. This is the first time I've ever seen a company market a shaft that spins less for wedges. I currently play DG Spinners in my wedges and quite like the shot shape (lower) although they can sometimes spin back off the green. As my swing gets better, I'm getting more spin and now they often back up more than I want.

If the 610 can keep the same shape as what I play with a little less spin, I might want to try those out! Spinning a ball back looks cool and all, but landing and stopping is easier to predict and probably more effective. Of course, where I really like spin too though is on partial swings when something like the Hi Rev can help create a hop and stop with low club head speed. Decisions, decisions.

Looking forward to hearing more on these....huge fan of all things KBS

That Hi-Rev 2.0 sounds like a winner for my wedges. Love what KBS does for us golfers day in and day out.

~Rock

If KBS says they have made a good wedge shaft then I tend to take notice. Very interesting here.

I have Hi Revs in my wedges now, would definitely be excited to see how the 2.0s improve on the great performance I get from the originals.

I'm pretty happy with the Hi-Revs in my wedges right now. Will be interesting to see how the 2.0 compares.

Hmm. I'm thinking a 52° wedge when a 610 shaft; and a 58° wedge with the hi-rev 2.0.

I have the current model Hi-Rev's and love them. Before I got them my perception was these might be weak/too flexible but they are not. They feel awesome and smooth, no flexing at impact. Great spin but not overly high flight. Very excited to test the new versions.

Wedge shafts are always intriguing. I really like how KBS is expanding and finding and developing a product that every golfer can benefit from.

It's also cool to see that they are coming in 3 flexes and not just "wedge flex".

Last edited:
The 610 sound perfect for the non set gap wedge to give that lower flight and not spin off the front of the green.

Back