Design your perfect putter. What would it be?

Honestly, the mFGP tri-sole is the first putter I've just "clicked" with since my old RAM Zebra. So, I wouldn't make much of a change from that! If I was able to get the feel of the 38" Tank into a shorter putter, that would also be a contender.

Are adjustable weights up there on anybody's wish list? I like to have the option to use heavier/lighter weights.

No need in recreating the wheel! Z3 Tour Edition is my perfect putter!

al-czervik-putts.jpg

This would be mine
I'm implementing that "left heel high" move into my putting stroke…

Center shafted.
Heavy head (~380 to 400g).
Counter balanced.
Mid-mallet.
Deep milled face.
SuperStroke Ultra Slim 1.0 grip.

f19076d4c3028a75e00189081650312c.jpg

This, the black gunmetal ONE CS, which is already in my arsenal. 340 gram headweight...check (they added 5 grams to my 335 gram head). The only thing I would change would be to add the slightly deeper face milling that is on the mFGP DF to this putter.

Kind of a mish-mash of a lot of putters I really like....so a flow-neck blade, but fat, somewhere between Odyssey's 1-wide and a Scotty Cameron Squareback. Simple alignment line, but with Rife's topline notch for lie angle alignment. Not sure about the Fusion insert off the Odyssey Works putters and Rife's line-milled face. Black matte finish. Weight 350g, with a Super-Stroke Flatso Ultra grip, though I reserve the right to switch that to a Garsen G-Pro Edge at a later date.

f19076d4c3028a75e00189081650312c.jpg

This, the black gunmetal ONE CS, which is already in my arsenal. 340 gram headweight...check (they added 5 grams to my 335 gram head). The only thing I would change would be to add the slightly deeper face milling that is on the mFGP DF to this putter.

this is one pretty putter, but it is facing the wrong way.

1-wide/squareback/queen bee 6 headshape
370g headweight
Nike method grooves
Superstroke flatso ultra
Black finish with a white sight line

Actually working on building it now. Nothing to spectacular. All black 38" Spider Blade with Justin Rose's blue Spider grip
post-4-0-56617400-1395261948edit_zpse487b556.jpg

and either of these head covers.

604x402xspider_20_13-1024x682jpegpagespeedic837zVRcC20_zps70faaca3.jpg

Putter_zps1a674866.jpg

Anser shape. Stainless steel. No extemporaneous finish. Plumbers neck. RST2 on the hosel. Single dot on the top line. Flare toe. I would want the head size to be similar to a DB4. Odyssey Works insert.

I'm old school. Grew up playing either a traditional heel shafted putter (like the Wilson 8803) and pintail type putters.

I made but sold this gun blue pintail which is my favorite style;

bgd7jb.jpg

It is a copy of the TP Mills "One" which is my gamer at this time;

nybwoo.jpg

2vmfpc8.jpg

I've been trying to decide this lately. I'm kind of torn between an anser style or cs blade style, hadn't really thought more beyond that. I"m going to have to put some thought into it.

I don't think that I can. Every time I test putters, I find at least a half dozen that I would game in a heartbeat. I guess I'm just not that picky about putters. I do prefer heavy though. Definitely heavy.

For me it would be a #9 head shape with the flow neck half shaft offset with the milling of the protype tour design on the face and the adjustable weights like the MXM in the sole. Yea ive become a bit of an odyssey homer, and this seems like one of the few designs i have not seen them make.

-Face balanced at impact w/ SeeMore's RST.
-Milled and center shafted.
-Black in color to make the RST stand out.
-Black shaft.
-Odyssey's Super Stroke grip and counter balanced weighting found on the Tank Crusier line.
-Maybe some custom paint fill and stamping.
-THP head cover.

Similar to what I play now, SC Fastback. Similar sized mallet. Milled face. Would love to see one in BeCu.

I think I might have found a candidate in the new Betti Queen B #6. Wide flange and a very "square" look at address.

EDIT: Ooof! That's huge - will try to find a smaller pic.

Queen-B-6-Topline-1200x800.jpg

The shape of the Ping Redwood Piper S with the two sight lines.
Either a dark nickel or darker Scotty Sea Mist finish.
Double bend copper shaft like I've seen on a few Seemore's.
The face being a combination of the Teardrop true roll with a Bettinardi honeycomb F.I.T. face in copper.

And now I feel high maintenance...

Last edited:
Back