Shoot course record = get drug tested

CBaker

2024 Team Hackers #FailsatFive
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Pretty funny tweet from Chris Kirk after setting the course record in Hawaii.

Not so random, is it? haha

I saw that earlier, they do it in football too. I get a good chuckle out of it.

HA! Now that's funny and ironic!

Reminds me of this past season when the Giants punter Steve Weatherford got a random test after tackling someone.....haha

Required report time: 0130p. So is that 1:30 in the afternoon, or 1:30AM and bring your 'p'?

Required report time: 0130p. So is that 1:30 in the afternoon, or 1:30AM and bring your 'p'?
If it's anything at all like the military's program, you have to be there by that time, but can go earlier. Imagine you had to pee at 1210 and had to wait until 1330.
I would bet there's a MAJOR difference in there program in that I bet they don't have someone watching them go to prevent cheating. And for those that aren't privy, I mean WATCH you go. It wasn't fun.

Also, I will NEVER understand drug testing in golf. What drug can HELP you keep on plane and hit a little ball perfectly for 18 holes?

If it's anything at all like the military's program, you have to be there by that time, but can go earlier. Imagine you had to pee at 1210 and had to wait until 1330.
I would bet there's a MAJOR difference in there program in that I bet they don't have someone watching them go to prevent cheating. And for those that aren't privy, I mean WATCH you go. It wasn't fun.

Also, I will NEVER understand drug testing in golf. What drug can HELP you keep on plane and hit a little ball perfectly for 18 holes?

I have wondered that myself. Actually, I've wondered about it in other sports as well. I'm pretty sure it would help with stamina, not just during the tournament, but with all the practice they have to do. Other than that, for the average athlete, I wonder. Obviously, in the case of Barry Bonds and a few others, using PEDs to extreme can alter the body pretty substantially. But, I look at ARod, and he doesn't look all that bulked up.

Would steroids/PED's be prevalent (or even advantageous) in pro golf.

I guess hitting the ball further would be a definite possible benefit...but it seems like the bulkiness that would come with it could really mess up your swing.

Although Tigers increased size didn't seem to hurt him (but it could have been a significant contributing factor to his body breaking down).

The biggest advantage would be in workout recovery. Things like HGH. Enable quicker recovery from long range sessions and workouts.

a drug that can calm you down, steady the nerves would be considered a PED. A drug that can make you stronger with better stamina would be a PED. I have played w/ guys who take a little puffsky of something & that relaxes them.

Adderall could help you focus...Some baseball players use it for that.

The biggest advantage would be in workout recovery. Things like HGH. Enable quicker recovery from long range sessions and workouts.

Agreed the use of illegal drugs in golf isn't like most sports where you want to get bigger, stronger and faster. It's about recovery so you can put in the long hours pounding the ball and being able to do it again the next day without the body feeling the effects.

Reminds me of this past season when the Giants punter Steve Weatherford got a random test after tackling someone.....haha

I believe Adam Vinateria kicked a 50 or 51 yard field goal late this year and was "randomly" tested the next week.

I was just making a joke that it said 0130p, not 1330 or 1:30PM. I had to take a drug test when I played baseball in college. I couldn't wait until the test time because I drank too much water before class and had to reschedule.:banghead:

I saw this, I guess you're suspected of a crime after setting a CR until you can prove your not a druggie. Who knows maybe after every CR this is going to be something you have to do.

I saw this, I guess you're suspected of a crime after setting a CR until you can prove your not a druggie. Who knows maybe after every CR this is going to be something you have to do.

Based off his comment, I wouldn't doubt if it's almost common practice for them.

I was just making a joke that it said 0130p, not 1330 or 1:30PM. I had to take a drug test when I played baseball in college. I couldn't wait until the test time because I drank too much water before class and had to reschedule.:banghead:
I can't count the times I would go to the bathroom and come back to a phone message that told me to report to the testing facility ASAP. I'd then have to sit there for a couple hours waiting for 'replenishment' of the bladder.

Back