2015 THP Invitational at The Club at Savannah Harbor

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full schedule of events coming in 2015 and today we are proud to announce a THP Invitational Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf coming to Savannah, GA. You can always find all of our THP Event info in this section of the forum.

BStoneShieldLogo2015-Th.png

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your 2015 Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club and help support an amazing organization called Folds of Honor. You can do so by clicking here.

Cost
The cost for the event is $139.
This includes:
*Greens Fees
*Cart Fees
*Range Balls
*THP Swag + Surprises
*Prizes
*Dinner
*And More
This cost is for an individual. If you are bringing a spouse or partner there will be costs associated with that.

When & Where
August 8th
The Club at Savannah Harbor

Proud home of the PGA TOUR's Champions Tour Liberty Mutual Insurance Legends of Golf since 2003. Tee off on this 18-hole championship course designed by Robert Cupp and Sam Snead offering excitement for both novice and experienced players-even golf champions.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.
Tee Times begin at 10:30am
Initially open for 40 golfers
If more sign up, there will be a waiting list created.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Prizes
Bridgestone Golf being the sponsor has graciously provided us with fantastic prizes. The winning team will each receive something special, but because the latest equipment has not yet been released, prizes are TBA.

Winning teams will also receive 2015 THP Invitational Trophies as well as a spot in the THP Events Hall of Fame.

Dinner
Dinner that evening will be held at the historic and famous Pirate's House Restaurant and THP has arranged a private area as well as dinner for all of the guests. The created menu is buffet style and filled with southern favorites such as fried chicken, Mac & Cheese and many others as well as the addition of a grit bar featuring organic stone ground grits and every topping you could think of.

Lodging
While this is not a stay and play event, we know that many THPers will be traveling in and will look for a place to stay. THP has set up the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa for guests that want to stay there. This beautiful resort is being offered at a substantial discount and rooms will be priced at $199 including taxes and resort fees. More details on this portion will be available as we get closer to signups.

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots, therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. Sign up will take place soon and we will have those dates in the coming weeks. At the time of signup, a $50 non-refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the event.

Update For Signups
Signups will be held April 6th and 7th at 2pm EST.
Signup will be open for 1 hour each day.
At that time, THP will start a new thread with this information as well as how to enter. It will involve sending an email into GolferGal and signup will stay open for exactly 1 hour each day. Later each day, THP will randomly select 20 golfers that signed up via email to be a part of this special weekend. Once all 40 spots are taken, there will be a waiting list to be a part of this awesome THP Event.

You must be a 2015 Albatross Club Member to signup for this event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the amazing Folds of Honor, click here.

Teams & Foursomes
Mward & Clutch42
MillerTime & KnightLightPro

Fupresti & O'Carroll
Pudge & G$$$

The Milk Man & sudseh
Tadashi70 & Ole Gray

Rambler & Deuce
Sox Fan & Blazer

atlgolfer & Kelly Bo
Troyefl & e1iterate

Spivey & adwillingham
v.man & TBaker34

cpljohnst & phenom4hire
Dawgdaddy & milehighgolfer

ncsuhunter & T0AD
mpeterson & ^Dub^

jim54 & ir13
wluker & The Good Dr

Last edited:

Fried Chicken, Mac & Cheese, a Grit Bar, Bridgestone prize, Westin Hotel and golf with THP'ers...the makings of a legendary event.

This event sounds like a winner!
Might skip the grits, but when Are these invitationals not a great time and value?

I wanted to go to this one so bad, but the date is the one weekend I have an obligation! Huh......I know it's happy wife, happy life but......THP events are so much fun!

Work schedule is open that day, count me in!

I would absolutely love to play The Club at Savannah Harbor with THPers! This event is going to be spectacular! Dates are reserved on my calendar and sign-up reminder is set! Boom!

I like what I'm reading here. April 6th saved on the calendar!

What a great course to hold this event. Well done 441
The grits bar is worth the price of admission

This event sounds like a winner!
Might skip the grits, but when Are these invitationals not a great time and value?

That would be a mistake, CJ If prepared properly, and I know they will be here, you will love them!

I just checked out The Club at Savannah Harbor, that looks fantastic. Would love to be a part of this event and play that course. The date might work out for me too.

I just checked out The Club at Savannah Harbor, that looks fantastic. Would love to be a part of this event and play that course. The date might work out for me too.

The restaurant is truly special too. GolferGal and I have been there and loved it. Very cool spot that features some incredible food.

Sweet. It falls right after the end of summer semester so I won't have to worry about school. Been wanting to play the Westin course but they were aerating when I was up this summer so I skipped it.

Haven't been to the Pirates House in many years but it was my favorite growing up as a kid when we'd go. I might still have a pirate boot mug in the cabinet somewhere from their kids Shirley Temples. :)

Pirates House is some of the best food in Savannah! Great course too! This one is at the top of the list for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. This is awesome

That date is perfect, the day after our anniversary. Lynne and I could celebrate 39th year in Savannah and then I could have a THP weekend. Just perfection.

I have been eating at the Pirates for at least 35 years, it is awesome, Oh, and this was my hoped for course as well.

I hope this works out for KB and myself. I've stayed across the river from TC@SH and have always been interested in this venue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, no chance Miller Time misses this one! Can't wait to hang out with THPers in the great city of Savannah!

This one looks like to be set up for a good time for sure.

I am excited for this event...hopefully I can get into it

Sounds like another amazing invitational!

What a great place/course for a event. Savannah is amazing and this will indeed be a special time.

...I want some GRITS!!!

Looks like I should be able to make this one provided I am one of the lucky 40.

#Team441 for the win!!

The entire package sounds incredible! Reminder set for signups!

Sounds simply amazing. Can't wait.

Back